Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 07:35 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,434,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

The article states:

---She started the job in January 2008 and planned a wedding for the following year.
---She became pregnant at the beginning of February 2009
---She got married on February 20, 2009
---In April 2009, she asked for for maternity leave for FALL 2009

Do you not understand the defintiion of conceived? Conceived is when she got pregnant, not when she delivered the baby!
Excuse me....yes, I had read the article and already closed the page whenI when I replied.....I thought I had read she delivered 3 weeks before her wedding.

As for you, you need to watch how you talk to people....after you posted MsMcQ LV pointed the same thing out to me but, didn't sound like a 16 high school brat when he/she did it.

I have an IQ of 155....134 on the one that tops out at 140......if you want to match wits with me, I'll be more than happy to anytime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 11:55 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,935,741 times
Even if the school is within it's legal rights here it makes them look backward.

Does someone having sex with their future spouse a few weeks before their wedding really bother people? If so, how does it impact or affect you in any way? **** and mind your own business!

Guys like this principal who are obsessed with what others are doing behind closed doors always, ALWAYS ALWAYS have deep seated sexual inadaquacies or issues. 100% guarunteed that this guy is upset over lack of attention from the opposite sex, has a small weiner, has guilt issues... something is wrong with him. 100% take it to the bank. It's similar to the anti gay types. nearly all of them get outed as gay themselves sooner or later.

It's people like the principal in this case that has basically turned me away from organized religion.

Last edited by dubyanumberone; 06-18-2010 at 12:11 PM..

Old 06-19-2010, 08:56 PM

42 posts, read 79,694 times
It really depends on how the morality clause is written and/or whether it is enforceable by law. (Not ALL employment clauses are enforceable or legal.) Every state has different laws. Really, with the minuscule amount of facts laid out here, even an employment lawyer couldn't say whether or not she has a case, but she may well have one.

I agree they were likely trying not to pay the leave/adjust for it and/or there were other issues. I mean, the lady had sex three weeks before the wedding. They could've just not asked any questions and let it pass. Babies are born at 8 months all the time. Why ask such personal questions?

Either way, the school seems silly. Also: Notifying others is blatantly stupid, from an HR/legal perspective. The more you say, the more you invite a lawsuit.

Old 06-19-2010, 09:03 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
Even if the school is within it's legal rights here it makes them look backward.

Does someone having sex with their future spouse a few weeks before their wedding really bother people? If so, how does it impact or affect you in any way? **** and mind your own business!

Guys like this principal who are obsessed with what others are doing behind closed doors always, ALWAYS ALWAYS have deep seated sexual inadaquacies or issues. 100% guarunteed that this guy is upset over lack of attention from the opposite sex, has a small wiener, has guilt issues... something is wrong with him. 100% take it to the bank. It's similar to the anti gay types. nearly all of them get outed as gay themselves sooner or later.

It's people like the principal in this case that has basically turned me away from organized religion.
Unfortunately this logic is as twisted as the assertions it supports. By this logic 52% of the people in California that supported proposition 8 are Gays that want to be married. Ludicrous

Old 06-19-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
The principal can tell the staff why she was terminated. But can he legally call the parents of her students with the express purpose of telling them why she was fired? That just seems wrong to me.
Yes he can. However, that does not mean his actions won't bring a civil suit.

Old 06-19-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Corpus delicti?

What about it?

Old 06-19-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
Of course, it's a "Christian" school. That's where we would expect to find the biggest hypocrites. These types of "Christians" are giving the normal Christians a bad name.

The fundamentalist Christians of this country need to choose a few states to live in and secede from the rest of the union.
Every Human Being on earth is hypocritical. It is a private business. In America they can fire anyone they want for breech of contract.

Old 06-19-2010, 10:08 PM

42 posts, read 79,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
t is a private business. In America they can fire anyone they want for breech of contract.
This is so, so, so, so, so not true. Employment law is WAY more complex than that, even in "Right to Work" states.

Unless you mean "Can" as in "Can, but while inviting legal actions and damage suits that might bring about bankruptcy or hardship for the school."

That said, it really depends, as I mentioned. But employees who are in any way mistreated should never think, "Oh, well, it's a private business, I have no rights."

Old 06-19-2010, 10:58 PM

406 posts, read 495,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfwaygone View Post
This is so, so, so, so, so not true. Employment law is WAY more complex than that, even in "Right to Work" states.

Unless you mean "Can" as in "Can, but while inviting legal actions and damage suits that might bring about bankruptcy or hardship for the school."

That said, it really depends, as I mentioned. But employees who are in any way mistreated should never think, "Oh, well, it's a private business, I have no rights."

Didn't she have an ethics clause in her employment contract? She signed the contract and didn't live up to her end. I personally don't agree with it but a deal is a deal.

Professional athletes have these types of clauses in their contracts, rarely enforced they are there.

Old 06-19-2010, 11:03 PM

1 posts, read 459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alinsky View Post
As she should be for practicing that unethical and immoral behavior.
Here come the bible thumpers and moral authority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies