Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 04:16 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
copy and paste the statement you claimed I made.
I think we know why you won't answer the questions in post #23. I am done with you until you answer the questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 04:20 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,536,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I think we know why you won't answer the questions in post #23. I am done with you until you answer the questions.

Good, I guess you've run out of spinning room since you ONCE again claimed a statement was made and when called on it, spin and attempt to change the subject instead of admitting you were wrong. Big Fail as usual.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:37 PM

631 posts, read 719,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by appeal2 View Post
Unions are parasitic by nature. Their members are a bunch of freeloaders, always looking to rip the public off for more and more. Public employees are lazy, productive, leeches. Remember back to the DC blizzard. When all non-essential government employees stayed home because there was a little bit of snow. Christie should order all non-essential state and local employees to stay home next week and then fire them! If they're non-essential then we don't need them!

Its posts like this, that make me despise both extreme sides of the spectrum. Sadly I don't know what I hate more. The fact that this is your first post and 10 people gave you rep points for it, for the fact that it is full of ignorance. Frankly I doubt this you is even real.

FYI, those lazy, unproductive, leeches created the TCP/IP protocol you use to spread this ignorance over the internet. Guess those government employees did something good after all

Old 06-16-2010, 04:45 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeym81 View Post

FYI, those lazy, unproductive, leeches created the TCP/IP protocol you use to spread this ignorance over the internet. Guess those government employees did something good after all

He forgot, Al Gore created the internet.

Old 06-16-2010, 05:03 PM

631 posts, read 719,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
He forgot, Al Gore created the internet.

I think you forgot to use google before posting something sarcastic:

Internet Protocol Suite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shame you dont know what you are talking about, and decided to post before thinking

Old 06-16-2010, 05:54 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,325,406 times
I sure wish Christie was the governor of Illinois instead of the sad-sack we have in Quinn (who was Blagojevich's Lt. Governor before getting tossed out on his rear). We are in DIRE need of spending cuts with one of the worst financial crises in the country.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:07 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,122,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
I sure wish Christie was the governor of Illinois instead of the sad-sack we have in Quinn (who was Blagojevich's Lt. Governor before getting tossed out on his rear). We are in DIRE need of spending cuts with one of the worst financial crises in the country.
Well, don't move to Iowa. Culver slashed 10% from state school funding and now local districts will be "forced" to raise local property taxes by leaps and bounds.

I also would like to add that Illinois has a much better property tax system than Iowa. 33% of market value for all property classifications. Iowa taxes commercial properties more than twice that of residential. And the fools running this state wonder why people leave. IOWA. Idiots out walking....

Old 06-16-2010, 07:27 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,325,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
Well, don't move to Iowa. Culver slashed 10% from state school funding and now local districts will be "forced" to raise local property taxes by leaps and bounds.

I also would like to add that Illinois has a much better property tax system than Iowa. 33% of market value for all property classifications. Iowa taxes commercial properties more than twice that of residential. And the fools running this state wonder why people leave. IOWA. Idiots out walking....
Well to be fair, there are ways to get around raising property taxes. They could cut teacher and administrator pay, increase the size of the classrooms, cut back on specials (art, technology, PE, music), put off building upgrades, but I know none of these are popular choices either.

Sometimes I think that politicians use the emotional response to education cuts as a way to garner support for tax increases. However, it's just a theory of mine. The Chicago Public Schools are looking to cut extracurricular sports programs to save money, but the city is just shooting itself in the foot. These kids are better off doing something productive than being out on the streets. They will be more likely to engage in criminal activity which costs the entire city. Dumb, dumb, dumb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies