Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 09:01 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Who is writing all these horrible, nasty, and condescending posts if it isn't liberals against conservatives??
idk, maybe the Oogie Boogie man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 09:03 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Do you read these posts? I am relatively new to this forum and I can't believe the amount of snide, rude, and mean-spirited comments, name-calling regarding Tea partiers, Sarah Palin, Rush, Christians, conservatives, Right wingers, Fox (faux) News watcher, neo cons, I could go on.
It is amazing to me the immaturity and low level that is stooped to.
I am not saying all liberals but if let me ask you this? Who is writing all these horrible, nasty, and condescending posts if it isn't liberals against conservatives??

Oh, and BTW, if you are a Christian and have traditional values then you should be offended too because you are being attacked. I would assume if I read back your posts you will not have participated in any of this?
Ever read anything like this:

Libitards, liberals have no morals, liberals are lazy, liberals just want a hand out from the govt., liberals want a nanny-state, hussein obama, Obamatards, etc, etc, etc. on pracitically every thread on P&OC.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:05 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,549,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Yes, we do have an intelligent President. I don't disagree. But we also have a dreamer and not a doer in office. If he could come back down out of the stratosphere for a bit, reign in Pelosi and Reid, and connect with the American people, then he might have a chance.

I don't begrudge setting large goals. I do that for myself. Which is precisely why he's viewed like he is by the right. The American people like to judge for themselves how to live their life. No one wants "redistribution of wealth." It's not the American Spirit to do so. That's what the President and the left don't get. And unfortunately for them, there aren't enough liberals at the ballot box to ensure that it happens.
Well said.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:12 PM

210 posts, read 173,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I don't know if I qualify as a full liberal, but I probably do in the eyes of most people here since I'm not a hard-core right winger. So I'll bite.

And I would say to you: have you looked at political history in the US?

First the Democrats take control and muck things up...and then some Republican Bush-like dude will come in again and take everything in the other direction and muck things up even worse...and then Democrats will come back into vogue and do a bunch of stuff in the other direction and muck things up...and then it will be back to the other side...

It's an endless back-and-forth cycle. Obama might not have even won the presidency if Bush hadn't been so horrible. So of course the liberals will recover again right after the conservatives in power finish screw everything up.
im the polar opposite of a liberal but i totally agree !

Old 06-16-2010, 11:32 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
Do you read these posts? I am relatively new to this forum and I can't believe the amount of snide, rude, and mean-spirited comments, name-calling regarding Tea partiers, Sarah Palin, Rush, Christians, conservatives, Right wingers, Fox (faux) News watcher, neo cons, I could go on.
It is amazing to me the immaturity and low level that is stooped to.
I am not saying all liberals but if let me ask you this? Who is writing all these horrible, nasty, and condescending posts if it isn't liberals against conservatives??

Oh, and BTW, if you are a Christian and have traditional values then you should be offended too because you are being attacked. I would assume if I read back your posts you will not have participated in any of this?
Apparently, you only selectively read these posts since you're blind to the horrible, nasty, and condescending posts that conservatives write against liberals. This street goes both ways. I don't take hypocrites very seriously.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:37 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Are Liberals and Left-Leaning Moderates Wounded Right Now?

Nope.

Old 06-17-2010, 12:09 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
I agree with everything you say. I mainly was curious if they thought they could recover in time for the upcoming elections. I may not have been clear enough on that point though.
I think the pendulum will swing back to the right sooner than the left expected. How far right is anyone's guess...

Old 06-17-2010, 12:24 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Would you consider yourself wounded if conservatives steal the show in 2010 and or 2012?
Only if they are idiots.

Old 06-17-2010, 12:29 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Without a doubt, President Obama, his Agenda, and his Leadership is severely being tested right now. As it stands, he's taking a major hit over this oil spill catastrophe and unemployment, and it's not getting any better for the guy. The media has turned on him, conservatives have turned up the heat on him, and even his base is in disarray over his lackadaisical approach to governing.

Of course there are many other negatives that are dogging him as well, such as the debt/deficit, Gitmo, DADT, war, etc.

It seems to me that liberal ideology ala Barack Obama is on its way down the tubes heading into this election season.

Liberals: Can you recover? If so, why do you think so?
Wounded? No.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:09 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Without a doubt, President Obama, his Agenda, and his Leadership is severely being tested right now. As it stands, he's taking a major hit over this oil spill catastrophe and unemployment, and it's not getting any better for the guy. The media has turned on him, conservatives have turned up the heat on him, and even his base is in disarray over his lackadaisical approach to governing.

Of course there are many other negatives that are dogging him as well, such as the debt/deficit, Gitmo, DADT, war, etc.

It seems to me that liberal ideology ala Barack Obama is on its way down the tubes heading into this election season.

Liberals: Can you recover? If so, why do you think so?

Recover from what? I'm not sick. No, I'm not happy with everything President Obama has done. He came into office carrying 2 wars, a major recession, almost double-digit unemployment, a housing disaster, bank meltdowns, a deficit in the trillions, and a good old boy regulate yourself attitude on the oil industry. These things didn't magically appear on January 20, 2009, they've been there for quite a while, and to say otherwise is dishonest.

As for the oil rig disaster, nobody was prepared for the scope of it. Not the Feds, not BP, nobody. And we should have been. I've said all along that if you're going to drill offshore, you need to be damned sure you're prepared for the worst case scenario. I would rather he had been communicating to the American people better on what his team was doing.

If you want to grade Obama, look at what he inherited. I give him a B-.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies