Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 06:09 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,916,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Lincoln was a tyrant. Maybe a statue of Lincoln burning in hell for his mass murders and other atrocities would be appropriate though.
OMG, I thought this was a joke post at first, but you are serious. I guess you think John Wilkes Booth was a hero and Lincoln got what he deserved?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 06:28 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Wow. There are some amazingly stupid people on this forum. I'll just leave it at that.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:31 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,086,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Churchill is considered to be a symbol of the strength and courage of the free world against the forces of totalitarianism and evil. Winston Churchill was one of the greatest champions of liberty in the world.

Of course Obama would despise him. Obama is a tyrant and his heros are the villians of history- Marx, Castro, Che, Chavez, Pol Pot, Lenin, Stalin.

Obama's action is a symbol and a political statement- the message cannot be more clear and should send a shiver down the spine of every American, rather than a "tingle" up thier leg.
I would otherwise agree w/ your bolded statement, however...noting the small yet simple fact that the bust was replaced by one of Pres. Lincoln, it does nothing but tear large holes in the point you're trying to make.

All those 'villains' of history you named as Obama's heroes, yet you fail to mention the one hero he actually does like: Abraham Lincoln.

Twist things much?

Old 06-18-2010, 06:55 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
A bust of Lincoln was put there in its place. Maybe you could explain how was choosing to recognize a Symbol of America over that of another country is a disgrace

Well gee, it's Obama, it must be wrong

Old 06-18-2010, 09:03 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
What i read was it was on LOAN... and was returned.

Personally i'd check it for listening devices they can be some sneaky buggers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies