Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree or disagree with the BP being forced to put $ 20 billion in escrow
Agree ( Democrat) 32 25.40%
Disagree (Democrat) 0 0%
Agree (Republican) 8 6.35%
Disagree (Republican) 16 12.70%
Agree (Independent/ Other) 55 43.65%
Disagree (Independent/ Other) 15 11.90%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 06:23 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Taxes wouldn't be raised? Is there a reason for you saying that? I wouldn't think that taxes would need to be raised since BP is paying for the whole thing."""

F LIP FLOP FLIP FLOP RANT FLIP FLOP

"" Maybe taxes need to be raised to add to the $20 billion slush fund they are creating for Obama to reward good little boys and girls from.
What a garbled convoluted..!!!!! WTF ???...

""""""""Maybe taxes need to be raised to add to the $20 billion slush fund they are creating for Obama to reward good little boys and girls from."""""

The "slush" fund of 20 billion is coming from BP...my GAWD you're confused!

And you , a REPUBLICAN think it's being used to "reward good little boys and girls"

No, REPUG, it'll be used to pay for the damage your God BP did to people's LIVES, to the ruined economy, and devastated environment, and 11 DEAD people....but YOU, REPUG, call it "rewarding good little boys and girls" !! WHY do you hate Americans so much????

Now, follow along slowly:

Pghquest posted , ""Then BP should have been asking the Government for $20B""""

THEN I posted:

..And Republicans would've given it willingly and ask them if they'd like more.....of course taxes wouldn't be raised ....""
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2010, 06:48 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,123,478 times
It will be a slush fund. No doubt about that. This is an election year and the Democrats will need every shred of money they can find.

Old 06-19-2010, 03:26 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I think you may want to look up Feinberg. He is not a govermental officer.

HE is an EXPERT having handled 9/11 victims pay out and others.

I know you Repugs HATE experts and want the average Joe to handle the fund but it makes more SENSE to use someone who knows what he's doing.

NOW.....WHAT third party would YOU recommend?
Are'nt you amazed at the blantant hate/stupidity that people show in this thread

Old 06-19-2010, 04:42 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
And then he said that Feinberg would be the administrator of the fund. That is the name of the Pay Czar, isn't it?

Do you not understand that Obama doesn't really doesn't understand that when a governmental officer is in charge of something like that you don't have a "third party" taking part. Lots of things he doesn't seem to understand but this time I am sure he knows what is going on.
I don't get it either, how does the president appointing his pay Czar to handle this escrow account equal a third party? Who does BP complain to if people are committing fraud, and stealing the money away from the legitimate recipients? A third party would be a reputable private company like Lloyd's of London, and not Czar's of 0bama.

The reason why BP was even asked to do this was because 0bama and the media have been telling the American people that BP has been dragging their feet with completing the claims being submitted. Well the law says the cap is $75 million, and BP has already paid that amount out, so its not like they are sitting on their hands.

Feinberg: I think the logjam is that this is a rather unprecedented situation involving thousands of would-be eligible claimants. The president has made it very clear to me he wants those claims paid quicker, in an accelerated fashion with less red tape and that's why I'm down in the Gulf today to meet with Governor Barbour and now Governor Jindal to talk about how to speed up that process.

I'm sure their are a lot of people out there will be filing bogus or fraudulent claims, but now that Feinberg is running the show he will file the claims more quickly, which means lots of successful fraud and scams.

All we need to do is look at the money being wasted with that fraud and scams that are siphoning money out of the Stimulus and Katrina funds. This is what happens when the funds are run by the government, they don't really care to much since its not their money anyway.

Old 06-19-2010, 04:55 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I don't get it either, how does the president appointing his pay Czar to handle this escrow account equal a third party? Who does BP complain to if people are committing fraud, and stealing the money away from the legitimate recipients? A third party would be a reputable private company like Lloyd's of London, and not Czar's of 0bama.

The reason why BP was even asked to do this was because 0bama and the media have been telling the American people that BP has been dragging their feet with completing the claims being submitted. Well the law says the cap is $75 million, and BP has already paid that amount out, so its not like they are sitting on their hands.

Feinberg: I think the logjam is that this is a rather unprecedented situation involving thousands of would-be eligible claimants. The president has made it very clear to me he wants those claims paid quicker, in an accelerated fashion with less red tape and that's why I'm down in the Gulf today to meet with Governor Barbour and now Governor Jindal to talk about how to speed up that process.

I'm sure their are a lot of people out there will be filing bogus or fraudulent claims, but now that Feinberg is running the show he will file the claims more quickly, which means lots of successful fraud and scams.

All we need to do is look at the money being wasted with that fraud and scams that are siphoning money out of the Stimulus and Katrina funds. This is what happens when the funds are run by the government, they don't really care to much since its not their money anyway.
What don't you understand about the fund NOT BEING RUN BY THE GOVERNMENT? Are the words too big???

AND, as a TYPICAL REPUG, you are more worried about poor BP getting ripped off than HELPING YOUR FELLOW AMERICANS WITH DISASTER RELEIF.....WHY do you Repugs HATE your fellow Americans so much!!??

Repugs: Killing 11 people, destroying an entire coastline, fishing , wildlife, human life, the economy, the ecology to REPUGNANTS that equals
"No big deal".

But, let them think someone may get a few pennies of their GOD, BP's, BILLIONS and BILLIONS and MY aren't they upset......

Imagine fighting the Revolutionary War now...I KNOW whose side Repugs would be on....The British !!

Old 06-19-2010, 05:18 PM

What I don't overstand is why should anyone care how much more that BP has to pay for the mistake that they made in the first place.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:18 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
It will be a slush fund. No doubt about that. This is an election year and the Democrats will need every shred of money they can find.
Hey Everybody, lets all play a game. Lets see who can come up with the most irrational conspiracy theory without a shred of evidence to support it...

Old 06-19-2010, 08:36 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,780 times
I just feel so heartsick about the way BP is being villanized. And to think now they are being held accountable for their actions and forced to pay reparation to the innocent Amercans living in the Gulf Region.

God it makes me just sick.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
I just feel so heartsick about the way BP is being villanized. And to think now they are being held accountable for their actions and forced to pay reparation to the innocent Amercans living in the Gulf Region.

God it makes me just sick.
yup! those poor extremely rich people have to give up one their Leer jets for a weekend jaunt

Old 06-19-2010, 08:44 PM

The sad thing about it the american people are going to pay for it anyway through the pump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies