Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 05:09 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,103,127 times

Advertisements

What do I expect him to say? Nada, nothing he could say would undo the damage that has and will be done.

What I expect him to do; however, is clean up his mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 05:27 AM

50,329 posts, read 63,895,871 times
I want him to say they were wrong to cut corners on the safety of their oil rig workers and the safety of the drilling itself.
I want to know their plan to compensate those who are affected in a way that will not bankrupt the company, resulting in the government needing to pick up the slack.
This game that is going on about crucifying the guy is just a big bunch of posturing by politicians.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:09 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,792,286 times
This is an ironic entire thread.

First we have all the usual suspects blaiming Obama for not "plugging the damn hole" by getting a Dutchman to stick his finger in it or something. You know, be a Leader...

Now that the government is actively engaged, they want to tell Obama to stay the hell out of the way of poor BP, let the professionals do the work to clean up an unfortunate and tragic accident. Stop "shaking Down" BP.

Bozos.

The accident happened because of taking a series of shortcuts on safety, that workers are now coming forward to say was endemic to the BP culture.

Taking Shortcuts for Profit is Acceptable.

So to spell it out for the junior high schoolers in the forum. This is more than just an "accident on a rig". It is the result of a cultural endemic issue with BP, bound to happen sooner or later.

Trying to now lionize them and tell the government to leave the poor misunderstood CEO of BP alone is just the cusp of hyprocisy and ignorance.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:46 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,361,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Ya, I'm sure once Tony and his murdering thugs get done being picked on by those Really Mean Guys in Washington, you'll see them all down at the beach helping out the "little" folks...

Hey! Maybe you can get their autographs or have Tony himself give you a blessing!!!!
Why don't you help us? Man up or shut up. Meanwhile stop tripping up the folks who can and will help. Its people like you that get in the way of progress.
Did I hurt your wittle feeling?

Old 06-18-2010, 08:44 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,140,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post
Why don't you help us? Man up or shut up. Meanwhile stop tripping up the folks who can and will help. Its people like you that get in the way of progress.
Did I hurt your wittle feeling?
What the he!! are you babbling about....???...

Why don't I help WHO?

Why should I?

WHO did I allegedly trip up??????

"Man up or shut up"....is that caveman talk for "I have no idea what I'm talking about"..???

Old 06-18-2010, 08:49 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,307,441 times
What I want him to say is: "We've finally stopped the damn leak and can now give 100% of our time, efforts and money to the clean up and restoration efforts. And BP promises nothing like this will ever happen again."

Old 06-18-2010, 09:02 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,140,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
What I want him to say is: "We've finally stopped the damn leak and can now give 100% of our time, efforts and money to the clean up and restoration efforts. And BP promises nothing like this will ever happen again."
Yup!...

"" ...and I will cut my own salary down to a measly million a year, I will cut the bloated salaries of the unscrupulous idiots I hired, and all those millions will go to our victims."""

Old 06-18-2010, 09:08 AM

4,156 posts, read 11,006,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
This is an ironic entire thread.

First we have all the usual suspects blaiming Obama for not "plugging the damn hole" by getting a Dutchman to stick his finger in it or something. You know, be a Leader...

Now that the government is actively engaged, they want to tell Obama to stay the hell out of the way of poor BP, let the professionals do the work to clean up an unfortunate and tragic accident. Stop "shaking Down" BP.

Bozos.

The accident happened because of taking a series of shortcuts on safety, that workers are now coming forward to say was endemic to the BP culture.

Taking Shortcuts for Profit is Acceptable.

So to spell it out for the junior high schoolers in the forum. This is more than just an "accident on a rig". It is the result of a cultural endemic issue with BP, bound to happen sooner or later.

Trying to now lionize them and tell the government to leave the poor misunderstood CEO of BP alone is just the cusp of hyprocisy and ignorance.

+1 for Bily4

Old 06-18-2010, 09:11 AM

4,156 posts, read 11,006,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yup!...

"" ...and I will cut my own salary down to a measly million a year, I will cut the bloated salaries of the unscrupulous idiots I hired, and all those millions will go to our victims."""

Yes, I'd like to hear him say that, and also say that he will only take a salary of 1 dollar for as long as he has the job....(which he probably won't have for much longer anyway), and to have him personally set up camp on the mouth of the Mississippi so that he can help clean up his mess for as many years as it takes.

And of course I'd love to hear him announce that he is also a total douchebag.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:15 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,112,280 times
Personally, I don't think he needs to say anything else. He apologized. He doesn't have intimate knowledge of day-to-day technical operations (wouldn't expect him to as CEO). So what else can he say? BP is responsible for this mess, but dragging officials out in front of cameras now, 60 days later, needs to stop. It accomplishes nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies