Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 08:04 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
A look at where president Barack (Hussein) Obama has taken America thus far.

Does anyone think this is taking America in the right direction?

Does anyone think he may have mislead us when he said he was a Christian?

Darned funny reading but it scares me since he is probably going to get Congress to do something about the 25th Amendment and then have them declare him President for Life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 08:05 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
And you're absolutely wrong with your conclusions. It is easy to see why you believe the way you do, though. Most people fall for it. One of the people I greatly admire, Mahatma Gandhi (and I've noticed Obama mention him at times), had a history of siding with the minorities, a reason for the Hindu fundamentalists to hate him more. I love one of his quotes that very few will get, and certainly not the Hindu fundamentalists (they never did, and were responsible for his assassination)

"I am a Muslim, I am a Hindu, I am a Christian, I am a Jew - and so are all of you" - M K Gandhi

Now, you provide your take on Gandhi's stand. What was he? Do you get the point he was trying to make? I would love to see that. Now let us contrast that with Hitler, at about the same time period...

"As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people" - Adolf Hitler
Interesting, off topic but, interesting. Gandhi was saying he was all people and all people are him, no matter their religion.

I am a Christian and I do not try to force my religion on anyone, if they ask, I talk, and yet I gat lambasted daily because I am a religious person. I am now being compared to Hitler.

Your reference to Hitler and Christianity is a parallel to how I see Obama, a wolf in sheep's clothing as Hitler was.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0ee View Post
Yea, spending 20 years in the same church really puts a damper on his track record.

I dont get these conservatives. First they attack him for being Muslim, than at virtually the same time they attack him because his reverend said some things that hurt their feelings. UM HELLO?!
Read the OP and get back to me.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
How exactly did he do that?
Calling yourself a Christian knowing that being Muslim would not get you elected.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Darned funny reading but it scares me since he is probably going to get Congress to do something about the 25th Amendment and then have them declare him President for Life.
With any luck, he will not be able to do that after Nov.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:18 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
An act of violence is not an act of war. The only difference between an alien doing it versus a citizen is that latter would be along the lines of treason. Both would be acts of terrorism, and on similar ground. If it were to be considered an act of war, which country did the "invaders" come from?

Attack on Pearl Harbor was an act of war.
Attack on USS Liberty was an act of war.
And since bin Laden had declared war on the US during the Carter administration it is hard for me to understand how an act of war by his people is not war. Have you applied to the DOJ for a job? Maybe you could convince somebody outside Holder's group that war is just criminality.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:27 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Interesting, off topic but, interesting. Gandhi was saying he was all people and all people are him, no matter their religion.
If you think my parallel was off topic, you, clearly, didn't get the message. A proper context would require Hindu fundamentalists' take on the Gandhi approach. When Hindu-Muslim riots broke out, he opted to fast and stayed in a Muslim home. Hindu fundamentalists hated that. Do you see why? Putting yourself in their shoes, would you see Gandhi as only being claiming as a Hindu while siding with the Muslims? They did.

This case is no different. Obama is a Christian at heart, where it matters. He doesn't wear it on his sleeve like most "real Christians" do. As the OP clearly suggests, you see him as a Muslim sympathizer, if not a Muslim. Now, would you show me one thing you see in him that is anti-Christian, as a person?

Quote:
I am a Christian and I do not try to force my religion on anyone, if they ask, I talk, and yet I gat lambasted daily because I am a religious person. I am now being compared to Hitler.
No need to be overly defensive. You weren't being compared to Hitler. The point was that Hitler made the claims of being a Christian and practiced his beliefs. He even implemented laws that were based on it. "Lord" was about as common in his speeches as "volk" was. He even had a slogan on the belt buckle of the military: "Gott Mit Uns"... as in God With Us.

Quote:
Your reference to Hitler and Christianity is a parallel to how I see Obama, a wolf in sheep's clothing as Hitler was.
That would be your fault, and ability to see through things. Analyze it yourself and you will find Hitler and Obama are completely out of phase from each other. One would shout his lungs out for God and Christianity, and hated secularism. The other gets bashed for secularism. One hated gays and subjected them to concentration camps, the other is seen as a gay friendly. What exactly is that you think about Obama as being a wolf in sheep's clothing? Not sure if it is your eyes, or ability to comprehend, but you're about as far from reality as one can possibly be.

How about doing more than just making statements? Anybody can do that. Anybody can call anybody that, if it weren't a requirement to back things up. Oh, and here's a classic I saw on a conservative website a while ago, bashing Obama on a $100 sandwich.

Think about it, and in your response, let me know what you make of it.

Last edited by EinsteinsGhost; 06-18-2010 at 08:50 PM.. Reason: Broken link fixed

Old 06-18-2010, 08:31 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Quote:
Why are you discussing something that is not worth discussing? Somehow it appears that you just don't understand how to avoid something so worthless.
Quote:
He is still unable to think of one that he can refute so he is still playing his little attack the messenger and deflect everything in the message to keep others from seeing it. He is really not worth arguing with when he is playing his game. Notice all the help he is getting, and all using the same tactic. Not one word, as of yet, to refute the points of the article.
Quote:
You don't have to hit that site to refute what it says. They won't even know you did the trick if you do it.
Quote:
They are playing the normal game of deflect and try to avoid having to refute by deflection. They know we know they can't refute any of those things but they believe that since they use the same tactic every time they have won an argument or something like that.
Quote:
You are the annoying one here trying to deflect the attention of anyone else who comes along with your Pelosi. Why don't you find a purely left leaning thread and get in there and fire away?
Quote:
And since bin Laden had declared war on the US during the Carter administration it is hard for me to understand how an act of war by his people is not war. Have you applied to the DOJ for a job? Maybe you could convince somebody outside Holder's group that war is just criminality.
Quote:
You need to originate your own thread since not one bit of this one has anything to do with the original topic of this thread. Do you really think you can change the topic easily with two of us fighting with you? I think you can try about one more time and even the worst of the lefties will understand what you are trying to do. Hell, I got kicked off the forum one time for less attempt to change the topic of the thread than you pulled off here.
Quote:
No sir, or whatever, I keep calling your attention to the part of the whole thing that the OP calls attention to. You are the one who is afraid that someone will notice what the link says and are trying to deflect others' attention away from the link.
I think I got all your responses in this thread so far. The closest you ever got to the topic was making a claim you read the OP.

Don't worry, you won't have to deal with me, until you contribute something sensible, even remotely close to the topic that can be debated and isn't just another... make statement and run.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:34 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
I think I got all your responses in this thread so far. The closest you ever got to the topic was making a claim you read the OP.
I know, talk about hypocrites....

Old 06-18-2010, 08:51 PM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times
I read the site. I'm a Jew and agree with many of Obama's scurry, scurry Muslim actions. Oh noes, I'm a secret Muslim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies