Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 11:46 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
What a well though out and intriguing thread, thank you so much for bring this to light. It is a bit complex though, sure this isn't from your dissertation?
I don't have any problem with this scumbag getting shot.

It's true that I was making a jab at the left.

Let's put it this way. It seems that some on the left actually think it's OK for this guy to die.

Of course, the 9/11 bombers should have every right to U.S. counsel.

You think it's OK for this arshol^ to have a cigarette.

Why isn't it OK for me to have a cigarette in a Michigan bar? Or restaurant?

Because Democrats have leverage in Michigan. Denying human rights.

In fact, laws like this in Michigan and Wisconsin have hurt business owners.

Democrats don't care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 11:52 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,645,206 times
You give up any right to be humanely treated when you take someone else's life. I was always against the death penalty. I think the killer should be put in a cell with the crime scene pictures of his/her victims plastered all over the wall. They would see that every day for the rest of their lives. And none of this they have rights garbage. Give them a gym, give them a library. Bunk. Make them work like they used to earn their keep.

I told this to someone once a long time ago. They said it was cruel and unsual punishment. And I answered, your point is what?

I'm not a lib. But I say no cigarette. No special last meals. Unless he let his victms have them before they died. Why the special treatment for killers? I just don't get it.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:56 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
I think it would be fair to say that most murder victims are surprised that they are getting murdered. So my idea is to put the convicted killers in a jail cell and tell them nothing and then without any kind of notice BUST INTO THEIR CELL AND SHOOT THEM 20 TIMES.....Then they would for about half a second go through WHAT THEIR VICTIMS DID.. THEY WOULD BE SURPRISED
But not before having to undergo a little fingernail peelback with a pair of plyers and smashed ankles reducing the perp. to being a hobbler (by the same means as that poor writer of the book...."Misery" in the movie, by the same title).
Now....that would suffice.....before the surprise ending comes from that hail of bullets, you speak of.
Barging in a cell and firing the loser up real quick.....is just too civil and humane........ if the perp can still walk or scratch anything itching him.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:56 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
You give up any right to be humanely treated when you take someone else's life.

No.

We should not use taxpayer money to house this guy.

Kill the bastard.

Looking at pictures of the victims probably turns this guy on.

Kill him. And get him out of the pool of decent human beings.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:05 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
No.

We should not use taxpayer money to house this guy.

Kill the bastard.

Looking at pictures of the victims probably turns this guy on.

Kill him. And get him out of the pool of decent human beings.
He's DEAD.....Fired up.....as of about 24 hours ago.
Out of the pool now.....and forever more.
Next.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:22 AM

37,199 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Why are you guys talking about swabbing an arm?

The guy was shot to death by a firing squad.

Did he get a cigarette or were Dems too concerned about second hand smoke?
You paint with too broad a brush.

I am a flaming liberal, I am a tree hugger. I am an ex-smoker who is now allergic to smoke and hates it when anyone lights up anywhere around me.

Had I been there I would have lit his cigarete for him, taken my seat, locked and loaded, and waited on the order to fire.

Had the victim been one of my family members, I would have saved the state of Utah the cost of four bullets.

Who are these "Liberals" that you speak of as a group?

Old 06-19-2010, 12:40 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post

And before you liberals cry how blood thirsty I am and how everyone deserves life, etc. Remember, if we could have killed Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, and thousands of others; MANY people could have been saved. MILLIONS of people in fact. But hey, lets take the high road. Let's let these people live as "human beings." So they can kill millions.

Peace, love, and understanding...

Maybe instead of spewing your anti-liberal BS you could learn a little history instead, we could have killed Stalin, instead we allied ourselvbes with him. Then again you're probably one of the NeoConfused who believes America never aligns itself with scum when it suits our agenda.

Old 06-19-2010, 02:19 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
The original post is a classic example of how stupid conservatives can look when they launch unprovoked attacks on liberals. To imagine that a death row inmate would be denied a last cigarette because Liberals don't like second hand smoke. What would card carrying liberals be doing on a firing squad? The scumbag murderer got what was coming to him. End of story. But not good enough. Someone had to make something out of it. Or try to make something out of it. I still don't see a point to it. Others have helped the thread into life by making it a death penalty debate. The guy's dead. He is dead because he is a big, ugly, scary, murderer. Had he been a small, neat, precise, murderer he would have received 25 to life. The capriciousness of the criminal justice system is just not the underpinning of an effective death penalty system as I see it. The unfairness and totally inconsistent application of capital punishment is why many have a problem with it. It is why I have a problem with it. It is why many Conservative have a problem with it. Incidentally, many Conservatives have a huge problem with second hand smoke and they support and craft smoking bans. Imagine that.

H

Old 06-19-2010, 02:23 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times

Old 06-19-2010, 04:36 AM

37,199 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
I don't have any problem with this scumbag getting shot.

It's true that I was making a jab at the left.

Let's put it this way. It seems that some on the left actually think it's OK for this guy to die.

Of course, the 9/11 bombers should have every right to U.S. counsel.

You think it's OK for this arshol^ to have a cigarette.

Why isn't it OK for me to have a cigarette in a Michigan bar? Or restaurant?

Because you might poison innocent people. I'd love to see tobacco and alcohol outlawed until all drugs are legalized.

Bet it wouldn't take too long.

Because Democrats have leverage in Michigan. Denying human rights.

In fact, laws like this in Michigan and Wisconsin have hurt business owners.

Democrats don't care.
Sure we do. We love you.

That's why we don't want you to smoke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies