Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 12:19 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
You'll be OK, there there...
A tad condescending are you? Maybe your significant other likes to be spoken to like that Punk but others don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2010, 12:23 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Sounds like the righties are jealous. Maybe they should move to San Francisco and go through a sex change procedure so they can take advantage of the program.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Sounds like the righties are jealous. Maybe they should move to San Francisco and go through a sex change procedure so they can take advantage of the program.
Well do you have any specific reasons why this group would need a special training program for itself that other jobs programs would fall short at? Maybe they should have a Government funded program for left handed,bipolar gypsies with with tourette's syndrome also ? After all they're probably discriminated against too.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:37 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,308,333 times
Isnt Liberalism wonderful? California has got to be the most screwed up state in this nation, on May 5th, some school in CA sent students home for wearing t-shirts with the American flag, I guess, they didn't want to hurt the feelings of illegal immigrants and Hispanics, talk about insanity!

Old 06-19-2010, 12:37 AM

1,862 posts, read 2,385,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
What are you talking about there are Jobs Training programs open up to the general population are you trying to say the Transgender community needs a special one all of it's own. And what specifically is the issue why they would need one tailored to them in a lgbt friendly City?
Ok...then those job training programs that are available to the general population.... Vets, transgender, whoever, should be all that's needed I guess. Nothing targeted.

But, aren't there are different populations in our midst that may need or benefit from customized programs? Aren't transgenders exposed to different bias or obstacles that others wouldn't face? I think job training to overcome or at least take into consideration the unique circumstances some of us have isn't wrong.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Here's your link A Love Letter To A Veteran - SFGate 2002

Lbgt parade....$84,000
Veteran's Day...$13,500 it seems they spent more on several other parades that year also which is a disgrace.
It looks like they even spent more money on Samoan Flag Day $15,000
Seems like they have their priorities out of whack.
I don't know what the correct priorities are for that community... do you want to legislate and enforce how much they should spend on parades? Shouldn't that be up to the folks in that community?

I don't see any disrespect here... but possibly there is more effort to recognize the contributions of some of those populations than there is in other areas of our country. What's wrong with that?

Old 06-19-2010, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
Ok...then those job training programs that are available to the general population.... Vets, transgender, whoever, should be all that's needed I guess. Nothing targeted.

But, aren't there are different populations in our midst that may need or benefit from customized programs? Aren't transgenders exposed to different bias or obstacles that others wouldn't face? I think job training to overcome or at least take into consideration the unique circumstances some of us have isn't wrong.
Any specific reasons you can think of? By all means everyone has a right to earn a living, if this was Peoria, Illinois I could see the discrimination such a person would probably face, but in San Fran a lot of these same issues would probably already be covered with the Gay and lesbian programs wouldn't they? It doesn't seem like a good use of City Funds, if a special interest group and/or Celebrity picked up the tab more power to them.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Any specific reasons you can think of? By all means everyone has a right to earn a living, if this was Peoria, Illinois I could see the discrimination such a person would probably face, but in San Fran a lot of these same issues would probably already be covered with the Gay and lesbian programs wouldn't they? It doesn't seem like a good use of City Funds, if a special interest group and/or Celebrity picked up the tab more power to them.
Well.... I think a transgender person is vulnerable to even more bias than your gay/lesbian person. But I admit that I can't prove it.... just a feeling. But I do think that their circumstance is definitely unique. I just don't see the harm in trying to help these folks out and I tend to think that they may have unique circumstances.

And. they are part of the city... an important part, and if City funds can help them in the same way funds could help straights, Vets, etc., why not? Why stop before helping them? They are part of the population that make up San Francisco.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:03 AM

131 posts, read 113,931 times
Quote:
Hello there Antarez!

The first thing that I'd like to say to you, is that, there are many veterans who are members of the LGBT community. I would also like to assert that fact that just like other minorities who have been traditionally discriminated against for some reason or another, the transgender community is discriminated against as well and most probably, even more so. When most people observe the transgender members of our community, they think, "He must be crazy..There's something wrong with her...Those people are low class..." It's these kinds of thought that foster actions actions of discrimination. These are the same thoughts that we absorbed from our parents when we were children and our parents taught us about child molesters and how to avoid strangers (especially in the public restroom).

Well, allow me to illuminate the fact that the transgender community, is represented by doctors, lawyers, dentists, veterinarians, teachers, engineers, politicians, and successful business people, all over the world.
Yet, for the most part, the genius within the transgender community, remains untapped. Why? because of vast and profound ignorance. The same type of ignorance, that is almost as pervasive in San Francisco, as it is in Peoria, Illinois.

A large percentage of the San Francisco and Bay Area, consists of Asian, Latin, and African-American people. Many of these people are quite conservative when it comes to both sexual orientation and gender identity. Many have been successfully indoctrinated by western Judeo-Christian ethics and Puritanical ideas. This is especially applicable to our Latino and African-American communities. Most Asians aren't that accepting either, regardless as to their dominant representation, here in the Bay Area.

Transgenders deserve every extra opportunity that they can possibly ever get. They, like their gay brothers and sisters are subjected to an enormous amount of discrimination throughtout the entirety of their lives. They are at the top of both the dropout and suicide lists for adolescents. They are also plagued with drug abuse and STD issues along with AIDS. Many live lives in quite desperation and destitution due to the ignorance of members of our society who would cloaked themselves in sheeps clothing, just so that they could get close enough to deliver the final death blow to their greatest object of hate, the gender transgender people.

Just Remember:

None of us are perfect. If the competition is about who's the most perfect in this world, most of us would be sitting on the sidelines with water to provide to the all too few and really deserving participants.

AND__Most of the previously thought to be "deserving participants", would be later disqualified due to falsification of applications...

Have A Good Day!

Old 11-24-2010, 06:13 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
Quote:
San Francisco grants reprieve to jobs program for transgender people - latimes.com This is absolutely ridiculous, you would think returning War Vets and just about any other group would be better suited for a jobs program. What paticular jobs training does a Transsexual need?

This is ultra liberal leadership at it's worst. Maybe they can train Trannies to soften their voices or how to hide a 5 o'clock shadow? If you look like Chaz Bono people are still going to wonder what excactly you are. Who in their right mind would elect Gavin Newsom to ANY job?
Thats just crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies