Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Performing a same-sex marriage ceremony should be:
A felony crime 11 9.82%
A misdemeanor crime 5 4.46%
Not a crime, but not recognized by the state either 18 16.07%
Fully legal, and fully recognized by the state 78 69.64%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 05:55 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed Up! View Post
Well since we are already allowing the courts to handle this why not allow the people it actually affects vote on it? Who I am married to is normal and correct God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve the entire point of marriage is to procreate so your name goes on etc etc. Most people have lost view of that obviously.
Then why did your god make gay people??

And marriage has changed as society evolved. People married for security, land, money, donkeys, cattle etc. Some people marry for children, some people marry for love, some people marry because two incomes are larger than one.

Not all couples have children, hell, not all couples CAN have children!

In the same vein, should someone who is infertile be disbarred from marrying? What about the elderly? Should 'No Marriage unless you procreate' be a law?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 06:55 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed Up! View Post
the entire point of marriage is to procreate
Really? Wow. I'm sure that must be news to millions of opposite-sex couples who choose to not have children, or who are physically unable to do so.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:08 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,100,379 times
Dude I got the procreate memo.....LOL

Old 06-21-2010, 07:21 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,523,731 times
Luckily the many TEXAN forum posters that I have met at CITY-DATA are very kind and respectful people; who would never allow such a travesty of justice, even if they were not fond of same-sex marriage equality!

Old 06-21-2010, 09:15 PM

571 posts, read 943,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Really? Wow. I'm sure that must be news to millions of opposite-sex couples who choose to not have children, or who are physically unable to do so.
They just don't listen ("they" being anti-gay people in general). I don't understand why they don't just say "I hate f*ggots, that's why!"

It'd actually be better for the gay rights movement if they did that anyway because i'd say most people are fairly neutral on the subject and don't care. Keep in mind that pollsters only call registered voters; so that's why you get Gallups recent "52% approve of gays, 48% don't" number as opposed to what it really is. To the, oh, 70% of people who don't care either way in this country, the "BURN IN HELL *****" people look like rabid, insane religious nuts who stick their noses in other people's business.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:16 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
This Poe isn't very convincing

Old 06-21-2010, 09:27 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,608,665 times
It's still so amusing to me how these social conservatives don't want any government in their business, but dictating other people's business, well that's perfectly fine. These people are ridiculous and out of control, but believe you me this will not stand and I among many others won't let this bs transpire. I've about had it with these religious zealot loonies and their "doing god's will" GTFO my face with that bull you hate filled quasi christian lover's of "freedom". Yeah, freedom for them, all others must check their freedom at the door.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:27 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,190,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
This is ludicrous! Should someone really be punished as a murderer would be for wanting to get married?!? I can't believe this is even an issue. Thank GOD I don't live in Texas... BTW did you hear about Vince Young beating the holy hell out of someone on tape? Go Longhorns, lol.
-be punished as a murderer would be--

Use drama much?

Our weekly newspaper lists all the misdemeanor and felony charges filed in county court .

Rare to see a murderer listed under the many felony cases.

Trying to compare every felon with a murderer is a joke.

Old 06-21-2010, 10:05 PM

198 posts, read 499,494 times
Wow. Just wow. Just glad I am escaping the cesspool known as Texas for greener pastures in a year.

This is what happens when you get a bunch of extreme conservatives running around unchallenged and un-checked. You become Amercia's laughingstock. First Perry want secession, now this.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:14 PM

615 posts, read 545,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPlanoDude View Post
Wow. Just wow. Just glad I am escaping the cesspool known as Texas for greener pastures in a year.

This is what happens when you get a bunch of extreme conservatives running around unchallenged and un-checked. You become Amercia's laughingstock. First Perry want secession, now this.
We never allowed gay marriages throughout our history as a country, so does that make the law makers of the past, including the Founding Fathers "extreme conservatives?" Even the liberals (when liberals were liberals, and not anything goes hedonist) of the past would never imagine society recognizing homosexual marriages, because it so far out of left field. No societies in the world allowed gay marriages until rather recently, when materialism and nihilism became vogue. The stoic and long lasting socities of the East that brought us so much knowledge wouldn't be so fickle to allow gay marriages!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies