Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 11:02 AM

45 posts, read 31,668 times

Advertisements

Neither can obama

apparently
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 11:04 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post

You honest think Bush was conservative? Surely you jest.
He was put in office by conservatives, that his bungling of economics was so woeful does nothing to lessen the reason he was President in the first place: He was voted into office by conservatives.

You cannot divorce this simple fact from any argument on his governance, hence, he is referred to as such.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:06 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
BS !!!!

Only a few days after the murder of 11 oil rig workers I heard LIBERAL Ed Schultz both on radio and TV criticize Obama, and Also Thomm Hartman and my close friend who's a raging LIBERAL!

Another rightist lie....
ooooh the humor of you calling "liberals finding their voice" a lie.. While you list liberals, who found their voice. I now return you to your typical crybaby temper tantrum in regards to people being "murdered"..

Old 06-20-2010, 11:08 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,962 times
Quote:
I suspect that if Obama doesn't pull a rabbit out of his hat soon, like a large bump in jobs numbers, his visions of Lincoln are going to end up more like Carter.
This suspicion may be right--which calls into question Obama's attempts to injure the people who would be doing the hiring to bump the jobs numbers to save his bacon. The best way to boost jobs is to take your boot off the throats of employers.

see also:
The Very Foundation of American Prosperity

Old 06-20-2010, 11:09 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
He was put in office by conservatives, that his bungling of economics was so woeful does nothing to lessen the reason he was President in the first place: He was voted into office by conservatives.

You cannot divorce this simple fact from any argument on his governance, hence, he is referred to as such.
I would only argue that the contemporary Republican Party since at least Reagan hasn't been conservative other than socially which I personally reject.

However since this is about Obama's performance and criticism from the left, I don't wish to get too far off topic.

Care to join an anti-war rally by any chance?

Old 06-20-2010, 11:10 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Let's see....

-Continue the wars ? Check
-Continue to bail out Wall Street ? Check
-Continue to push an agenda through Congress that doesn't have the best interests of the American citizens at heart ? Check

The above can apply to either Obama or Bush.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:10 AM

I voted for Bush twice, 3 times if you include his father. Both of whom did fine jobs as President. That you didnt care for their leadership is your misguided media driven opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

Old 06-20-2010, 11:11 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Let's see....

-Continue the wars ? Check
-Continue to bail out Wall Street ? Check
-Continue to push an agenda through Congress that doesn't have the best interests of the American citizens at heart ? Check

The above can apply to either Obama or Bush.
LOL exactly Texan!

Old 06-20-2010, 11:12 AM

7,530 posts, read 11,365,273 times
Quote:

As far as the war in Afghanistan goes, I have a pretty good idea why so many on the left say so little, and its because they fear being critical of Obama and damaging him politically.
What would their criticisms be on Afghanistan? Seems to me if these liberals had better approaches for the U.S being able to win there they would be comming at the president with them.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:13 AM

milque toast
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies