U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 06-20-2010, 04:12 PM
Status: "Pensar en la inmortalidad del cangrejo" (set 10 days ago)
 
35,000 posts, read 22,950,410 times
Reputation: 6099

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Yeah, when I went to get all of the data it says "page cannot be found"....

Again, do you have anything to state he's wrong? You got nothing? Why's it matter one way or another?
Lol. It matters because you stated as a fact that Michelle Obama failed the bar in July 1988 and then you couldnt back it up.

Until you can prove your claim isnt a lie, stop spreading it.

Same for the poster who stated it first, earlier on in this thread.

 
Old 06-20-2010, 04:15 PM
 
3,690 posts, read 2,189,647 times
Reputation: 1189
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Lol. It matters because you stated as a fact that Michelle Obama failed the bar in July 1988 and then you couldnt back it up.

Until you can prove your claim isnt a lie, stop spreading it.

Same for the poster who stated it first, earlier on in this thread.
Just wondering. Are you unable to conduct a google search yourself? It is all over the internet that both Michelle Obama and Hillary R. Clinton failed the BAR exam. Hillary admits if in her own book.
I just think we should take responsibility for our own research in these debates. It is so easy now to find out this info.
 
Old 06-20-2010, 04:15 PM
 
57,184 posts, read 28,898,230 times
Reputation: 7244
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Lol. It matters because you stated as a fact that Michelle Obama failed the bar in July 1988 and then you couldnt back it up.

Until you can prove your claim isnt a lie, stop spreading it.
I did back it up. I quoted the individual who stated it..

So you have nothing to prove he's wrong, or that Obama passed the bar on the first try?

Your in such a hurry to go on the "Defend Obama" bandwagon, that your now arguing over a statement SOMEONE else made, which I repeated, and validated, without any evidence that they are wrong. it only gets more humorous by the fact that its meaningless if she pass it, or failed it the first time.. So why are you disputing something which you, yourself admitted you had no clue about? Did you contact Steve Sailor, and what was his response?
 
Old 06-20-2010, 04:18 PM
 
3,690 posts, read 2,189,647 times
Reputation: 1189
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I did back it up. I quoted the individual who stated it..

So you have nothing to prove he's wrong, or that Obama passed the bar on the first try?

Your in such a hurry to go on the "Defend Obama" bandwagon, that your now arguing over a statement SOMEONE else made, which I repeated, and validated, without any evidence that they are wrong. it only gets more humorous by the fact that its meaningless if she pass it, or failed it the first time.. So why are you disputing something which you, yourself admitted you had no clue about?
Why do people refuse to do their own research; laziness or deinal?
 
Old 06-20-2010, 04:18 PM
Status: "Pensar en la inmortalidad del cangrejo" (set 10 days ago)
 
35,000 posts, read 22,950,410 times
Reputation: 6099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Just wondering. Are you unable to conduct a google search yourself? It is all over the internet that both Michelle Obama and Hillary R. Clinton failed the BAR exam. Hillary admits if in her own book.
I just think we should take responsibility for our own research in these debates. It is so easy now to find out this info.
Please see thread -- post #45 et seq.
 
Old 06-20-2010, 04:19 PM
Status: "Pensar en la inmortalidad del cangrejo" (set 10 days ago)
 
35,000 posts, read 22,950,410 times
Reputation: 6099
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I did back it up. I quoted the individual who stated it..

So you have nothing to prove he's wrong, or that Obama passed the bar on the first try?

Your in such a hurry to go on the "Defend Obama" bandwagon, that your now arguing over a statement SOMEONE else made, which I repeated, and validated, without any evidence that they are wrong. it only gets more humorous by the fact that its meaningless if she pass it, or failed it the first time.. So why are you disputing something which you, yourself admitted you had no clue about? Did you contact Steve Sailor, and what was his response?
Lol. He never said she failed the bar in July 1988. Just admit it and stop trying to divert.
 
Old 06-20-2010, 04:24 PM
 
57,184 posts, read 28,898,230 times
Reputation: 7244
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Lol. He never said she failed the bar in July 1988. Just admit it and stop trying to divert.
Then what did he say
 
Old 06-20-2010, 04:26 PM
 
7,541 posts, read 2,611,618 times
Reputation: 1822
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

first link - (Half Sigma: Michelle Obama failed the bar exam) article references a BLOG - and even that ARTICLE reeks of jealousy and hatred and draws conclusion from (and his article has no evidence to support the claims he/she is making):

Steve Sailer's iSteve Blog: Michelle Obama's thesis unblocked

I looked through that article, NOTHING is mentioned about failing the bar exam in 1988. In fact ,the only time 1988 is mentioned is in the comments.

And the article in that blog ASSUMES that Michelle took the bar exam as soon as she graduated, based on a comments from an Illinois attorney, who gave a "timeline" as to when someone takes a bar exam, and then is licensed

Quote:
The May admission to the bar is for those who took the Winter (March I think) bar exam. Most take the July bar exam, and I think were admitted in October, so I don't understand Obama's date of admission. Not everyone who graduates in May takes the July exam, but in Mrs. Obama's case she was already at Sidley and Austin, so I'd guess her main job would've been studying for the bar exam. So, the guess would be she didn't pass the July exam and did pass the winter exam, what with over half a year of studying for it. Now, many folks who attend schools like Harvard aren't really taught the things that are on bar exams, if only because many of their profs don't want to teach it (too boring).
I still don't see where in this article, or any of the links on that google search proves that Michelle failed the bar exam in 1988.



The second link in the google search goes to Stormfront - so of course they are to be ignored.


Third link is a copy of the the article linked in the first link

4th link is this thread

5th link makes no mention of Michell and bar exam

6th link is a blog search which rehashes the link that is linked from teh first search link

7th link is to a neo-conservative forum

8th link is a pdf of obama's thesis, found and talked about in the first link's link to the Steve article.

9th link is to a conservative right wing website

10th link to a blog on politico


10 links in your result - 4 of which references this blog: Steve Sailer's iSteve Blog: Michelle Obama's thesis unblocked -- WHICH was about Michelle Obama's thesis. The bar exam issue was a side comment, ADDED to the original article, with no supporting evidence, just "guessing" by readers of that site.


and nothing on that blog says what you say it says.
 
Old 06-20-2010, 04:30 PM
Status: "Pensar en la inmortalidad del cangrejo" (set 10 days ago)
 
35,000 posts, read 22,950,410 times
Reputation: 6099
pgh, you quoted him right the first time re 1989 and 1993. That's all there is. NOWHERE does he say she failed or even took the exam in July 1988.
 
Old 06-20-2010, 04:31 PM
 
7,541 posts, read 2,611,618 times
Reputation: 1822
oops. sorry, just replied to the link that pgh posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top