Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 11:54 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,355,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Wrong much? My life wasn't exactly easy with Bush, but it got worse with Obomb. It's not like we don't have a reason to be upset.
We are upset because we do work hard for what we do have, and that gets taken away from us. Chipped away.
So tell me, please, what specific "things" have Obama's policies taken away from you so far? I am also a very hard working person who has carerully watched to see if there has been any financail "change" positive or negative under this administration. I have detected none.

Old 06-23-2010, 12:20 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
So tell me, please, what specific "things" have Obama's policies taken away from you so far? I am also a very hard working person who has carerully watched to see if there has been any financail "change" positive or negative under this administration. I have detected none.
Gulf offshore drilling moratorium comes to mind.

Old 06-23-2010, 12:24 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
People who complain about President Obama all day?

The same people that whine about Social Security but sit there collecting it. The same people who whine about welfare but are on it themselves. The same people who hate the government but sit there using it to their benefit.

Basically useless and pathetic people sit there whining about him all day.
Not these!

You’ve Gotta Fight For Your Right…To PARTY! « Revolt of the Plebs

Old 06-23-2010, 12:31 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,355,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
If you are a deep water driller, that is likely true. . . if you are anyone else, probably not. . . . .(and yes, I KNOW there are ancillary businesses, and people that work for them), but if the lack of regualtaion and oversight needed to operate such rigs safely is not put in place first, the very earth that we live upon will be killed, and that can only bode disaster for EVERYONE!. . . .short term thinking has got to go, if peace and prosperity for all is to be more than a pipe dream. . . .and you are NOT the person that that question was asked of, so you really cannot answer for her. . .I suspect she cannot answer for herself, either, but that's another story. . . .that's what happens when people live in "fear" that any change will be disasterous to them, regardless of how necessary it is for the entire community!

Old 06-23-2010, 12:35 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Whatever Obama does or doesn't do, it's going to **** off a segment of the population. I don't give him passing grades on everything, but all-in-all, he doesn't suck.

Old 06-23-2010, 02:51 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Nice reach...no cigar! that would have happened regardless whoever was the president

Old 06-23-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
Before you open your mouth,try doing some research first!

Now,would you care to talk about Obama's World Apology Tour?

CBS) President Bush and Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah holding hands as they stroll. It's only Wednesday, but I think we can all agree on a "picture of the week."

"Picture of the week?" asks XXXX. "It might be picture of the month."

He's got a point, if headlines, cartoons and late night comics are any criteria.

As CBS News Correspondent Jim Axelrod reports, while it clearly strikes a nerve, you get the feeling it goes beyond coziness with the Saudis or dependence on their oil.

Asked what he makes of it, one man says, "I don't like it."

When it comes to two men holding hands, America's got issues.

"I mean I'd love to meet the president, but I'm not going to walk around holding his hand," says one wag in New York's Times Square. "I'm not that kind of guy, know what I'm saying."

"Well, you notice it,'' said one woman.

Nevermind that Mr. Bush might actually get some points for it in the Middle East.

"Two leaders holding hands, there is nothing wrong in it," says Jamal Dajani. "In the traditional Arab society it's a sign of friendship.

"It's a sign of respect."

Abdullah-Bush Stroll Strikes Nerve - CBS Evening News - CBS News
hmmm so it is ok for him (bush) to hold hands and pratically skip together to get oil points (during a war) but not to bow according to custom with another world leader? Something else that you seem to overlook is that hijackers CAME from his country in the first place.

If you hate Obama so much just say so, but don't insult the readers with such stupid drivel about a "sign of respect" and getting points from an oil rich pimp!

Old 06-23-2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Haha - See Sanrene! Even the liberals attack me!
Once again, IM NOT A LIBERAL! Nor am I attacking you, I'm just trying to make a point

Old 06-23-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I guess you could say that about all wars, right?

And whose pockets were padded?

Oh, that thing about obama having more deaths threats than any other president is...bunk.

Secret Service: Threats Against Obama No Higher than Normal - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Enough of the woe-is-me, he's a black man.

The above makes no sense.

Did you read what I said completely or did you skim through it like most nutcases do and read what you wanted to read ? Apparently not! Obama has had more death threats BEFORE he was the president than anyone else.

Old 06-23-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I was against that powerful man before he got elected and his skin color has nothing to do with my feeling about him. It is his policy that I can't stand and never will. Why do all you of the left lean think that it is his skin color that we can't stand? It may not be all over, yet, but people talking like you do about how We feel about Obama will maintain it much longer than if you could just see why we don't like him. Open your eyes and stop thinking that we are all liars.
What you do not understand is that you are not the norm regarding Obama. There are more people than you realize that actually can care less about his policies and are more concerned with his appearance. The probelm is when someone disagrees with him many people assume that is b/c they are racist and that may offend many people like yourself who do not like his policies. It is just sometimes hard to tell.......unless they say something stupid like some of the other posts that I read. The only way that I can tell the disgrutled from the dumb is what they post. If you say that you don't like his policies then (for what it is worth) I believe you and it is understandable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies