Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with extending the Family and Medical Leave Act to same-sex couples?
Yes 76 72.38%
No 24 22.86%
Not sure 5 4.76%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 07:23 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,131,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So now we're stupid for pointing out how gays are getting preferental treatment?
Kindly explain how exactly it's "preferental" [sic] for gay couples to get treated the same as straight couple by extending the exact same FMLA law to them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed Up! View Post
Before you know it people will be allowed to marry their animals and claim its normal as well.
Can you explain how/why granting the same rights to gay couples that straight couples enjoy would lead to normalizing bestiality? I don't follow your logic.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:28 AM

178 posts, read 101,141 times
Because 1 abnormality leads to more. You are going against what nature intended homosexuality as I said in another thread is a mental disorder not something you are born with, personally I can not see how being with another person of the same sex is even desirable it's disgusting and revolting.

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
personally I think The FMLA is too much for anyone. having a baby, fine get a week off. father?... a day is plenty. give me a break. Funny how everyone loves this plan and doesnt see it as a mens to undermine business...

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
This isnt EQUALITY.. Does a non married STRAIGHT couple, have the same rights now being granted to no married non-straight couples?
Simple solution: make gay marriages legal....AGAIN giving EQUAL rights to ALL Americans.....as opposed to repugs who only want "equal" rights for themselves.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Because 1 abnormality leads to more.
Is there any evidence of this? If someone is born with one leg, does that mean they will also have red hair... Both are statistical abnormalities. If you choose behave in an abnormal way, does that mean everything you do will be abnormal? I'm sorry, but this is too general and vague to be considered evidence.

Quote:
You are going against what nature intended homosexuality as I said in another thread is a mental disorder not something you are born with, personally I can not see how being with another person of the same sex is even desirable it's disgusting and revolting.
This is just blather. Homosexuality is natural. It occurs in most mammals.

If you think it's a mental disorder, science and medicine disagree with you. By the way there are plenty of mental disorders you are born with. Ever heard of mental retardation? How about autism? All scientific evidence points to the fact that people are born with these mental disorders.

It seems like your argument is simply colored by your own inability to fathom homosexual sex acts. The fact that you reduce gay relationships simply to sex acts you find "disgusting" is certainly evidence of this.

Your arguments are merit-less, unscientific and simply wrong.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:35 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
So now we're stupid for pointing out how gays are getting preferental treatment? Whats the matter, you couldnt respond in an intelligent manner with a well thought out reply, so you resort to "your stupid".. yeah, that sums up many liberal arguments just nicely..
Try to quote accurately(the TRUTH, ya know)....Newhandle did NOT post "your stupid"....they posted ""Conservatives are so stupid.""

Now, how is your post above a "well thought out reply"?

Oh, and

you are, you are going to the store = you're

your car, your house your belongings, your post= your

Old 06-22-2010, 07:40 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Simple solution: make gay marriages legal....AGAIN giving EQUAL rights to ALL Americans.....as opposed to repugs who only want "equal" rights for themselves.
even better solution...make all marriages ILLEGAL. since it is only about greed anyhow, and that's all the libs and gays want...money and benifits ,,,its never been about love,, its about gay greed

Old 06-22-2010, 07:43 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The Associated Press: AP sources: Gay workers to get family leave

And don't be surprised if many conservatives and Republicans are angered by this.
I'm a conservative and a republican and this doesn't anger me. Let me ask around here at work (where everyone is a republican, church-goer, and very conservative)...

Nope, doesn't bother anyone around here.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:45 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Kindly explain how exactly it's "preferental" [sic] for gay couples to get treated the same as straight couple by extending the exact same FMLA law to them?
If I co-habitate with an individual (which I have done for 15 years), am I afforded the same "rights" as the gays? Is the family and medical leave act being extended to straight non married couples?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies