Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2010, 08:36 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,966,304 times

Advertisements

^^^^^^ Hawkeye2009

You need to stop watching Fix (FOX) ASAP. With all do respect, the above accusation do not have any legitimate merit.

1. No support for Arizona law to control illegals and actually threatening to sue. Obama has abandoned the American people in favor of illegals.

I don't support the law either because it will not solve AZ immigration problems. It will only give Police officers the right to racial profile.

2. Telling a sitting US senator that the administration will not enforce immigration laws and the border, so that politicians might "support" Obama's plan to legalize illegals.

BOGUS.....

3. Threatening an "executive order" to grant amnesty to illegals, subverting the congress and senate.

Lost me with that one.

4. Interfering with a US election and attempting to bribe Sestak

All Politician in the Past, Present and Future has done it.

5. Adding $3.2 trillion in debt though Obamacare to a national debt which cannot take any more. We need cuts in spending, not more spending.

Reform is needed. I would rather spend that money on sick Americans instead of building a new IRAQ.

6. Blowing $1 trillion on a failed "stimulus", which was essentially a giant liberal pork program that created no jobs

Wrong! Ask GM and Wall Street if the Stimulus failed.

7. Failure to regulate off shore oil drilling safety and failure to manage the spill in a competent fashion, while devoting time in that same period to Paul McCartney, the Duke basketball team, and golf.

That's why the moratorium was in placed to check out what the Oil companies refuse to regulate. Oh..If he would of tried to do that before the spill. "OMG! Big government.. He is trying to take over the Oil companies now".

8. "Laying off" 30,000 oil workers in the Gulf to soothe his hurt feelings over his incompetence in managing the spill

Hello! We have the worst oil disaster of all time. He didn't lay off any existing Oil drillers, just the new ones.

9. Paying off his master, George Soros, by granting $2 billion in support for Brazilian offshore drilling.

Fiction!

So I guess Dick Cheney company (Halliburton) in Iraq was ok?

10. Failure to control the national debt at all by controlling spending, ensuring our insolvency or severe austerity measures on the part of the next president who will be forced to clean up after Obama.

Can you at least agree he is trying to fix what Bush created?

11. Allowing the Iranians to secure the bomb.

OK That's have 3 wars now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 08:37 AM

76,949 posts, read 47,265,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
It's been documented that Obama pretty much followed all of the recommendations of General McChrystal.
Yep, that's why he targeted everyone except the president. The president supported McCrystal proposal

Old 06-23-2010, 08:40 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,581,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
What decorated hero who has been fighting for America for many years would work for an anti American hack in the first place.

He knows Obama is totally clueless and knows Obama is making decisions that are not good for America.

McChrystal is a well decorated American hero with years of success behind him and has to answer to a pimp from Chicago would cannot run a popcorn stand correctly.
Yes..yes..and yes again

Old 06-23-2010, 08:40 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,191,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The real truth is if he doesn't understand the chain of command he's the weak link in the chain.
I'd rather have a General that stood up for the troops on the front line than one that worried about what some idiot in the White House thought!

Old 06-23-2010, 08:41 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,530,226 times
I think this guy is a total idiot for saying those things. I can't believe he thought the comments were a good idea.. Lapse of judgment my ass. He knew exactly what he was going to say and now only regrets it b/c everyone thinks he's a fool, and rightfully so.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:42 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,581,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
My man Obama doesnt have time for all these cry babies and people that are job slackers. A good soldier keeps his mouth shut and takes his orders. The general needs to hit the road....Maybe he can team up with Rush Limpballs///lol
I think "your man" should go over to Afghanistan and fight himself..without body amour of course...

Old 06-23-2010, 08:44 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,043,889 times
I find it a bit disturbing that many on this thread are latched onto the "Chain of Command" concept instead of the real issue here, which is that of a military general espousing the idea that the President is percieved to be clueless about what's going on in Afghanistan and how to strategize the war.

It should disturb you more that the President is thought to be inept, and less that the General made condescending remarks. The best I can tell, those who are bent on arguing the Chain of Command idea are the ones who believe Barack Obama can do no wrong. These people are being very shallow and ignoring the real issue here in my view.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I would like to hear some suggestions from you complainers about how you would win the war in Afghanistan. Start with:

Define winning. What would a win look like?

How would you win?

How much would it cost? How many Lives and how much money?

Who would pay for the war? Bankers, Oil companies, the US public?

Just what would a victory in Afghanistan be worth to each of you?

Would you be willing to go fight for a victory in Afghanistan or are you too busy making a fortune at home?
Honestly, no one really wins. Either way, it's still a tragedy.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I find it a bit disturbing that many on this thread are latched onto the "Chain of Command" concept instead of the real issue here, which is that of a military general espousing the idea that the President is percieved to be clueless about what's going on in Afghanistan and how to strategize the war.

It should disturb you more that the President is thought to be inept, and less that the General made condescending remarks. The best I can tell, those who are bent on arguing the Chain of Command idea are the ones who believe Barack Obama can do no wrong. These people are being very shallow.
I don't question his ability to do his job at all, I think he was extremely inappropriate. Holding his job title, you just can't say those things to a magazine reporter.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:47 AM

563 posts, read 517,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
sour grapes, need a bit of cheese for your whine? LOL to get back on topic.....I hope obama accepts the general's resignation
All I did was answer this persons post. Sour Grapes? Nope. In time, all horrible things go away. The first step is November 2nd, the next wave is 2012.

Maybe Barry will have a Keg of beer at the white house for their meeting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies