Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 04:46 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times

Advertisements

gee I wonder how many of you who are complaing about Obama did the same with Bush when he forced people to resign after they complained about the way he ran the wars. My guess would be none.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 04:48 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,880,812 times
Obama is a spineless coward. If McChrystal gets fired, it will be Michelle who has to do it..
Obama can talk a good game of kicking a$$, but he would never get in a fight, he might get his panties dirty..!

Old 06-22-2010, 04:50 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
This is it as far as I am concerned. Either Obama grows a pair of balls and FIRES this insubordinate creep or Obama needs to be fired because he is too damn WEAK to lead the United States.
We have watched Obama let the Republicans run all over him for 2 years now. Even to the point that one of them stood up and called him a liar during the State of the Union address! Could you even imagine a Congressman doing that to Reagan or LBJ? But they can do it to Obama and get NO punishment. If a Congressman had done that to LBJ, LBJ would have come down off the podium and gave him a good old fashioned ass whuppin. And there would not have been a CENT of federal money in for his district in the next budget.
Then Obama let the Democrats run all over him. They all know there are no consequences to messing with Obama. Joe Liberman got away with it. Went to the Republican convention and punked Obama. But Obama says "welcome back Joe, here is your Committee back".
But NONE of that is as dangerous to this nation as allowing a MILITARY subordinate to punk the President in public. That goes at the very heart of civilian command and control over the military. It is what sets the USA apart from tin horn dictatorships where the military runs the government. Harry Truman recognized that fact which is why he fired General McCarthur.
Obama should have fired him yesterday. There is no reason to "summon" him to the White House. Pick up the damn telephone and say "you are fired". If this guy is still a General tomorrow, we need to look for another candidate to run in 2012.
When you are called a liar and can't prove that you didn't lie it is hard to stand up and prove the other guy lied.

Obama did not say "Here is your committee chairmanship back, Joe." Nope it was Harry Reid and the rest of the Senate leadership. Presidents don't hand out and take away chairmanships. In case you didn't know that is done by the majority party caucus. Don't blame Obama for that one again.

The one thing that Harry Truman did that I considered wrong, at the time, was to fire the one chance he had to win that Korean police action because McArthur wanted to win instead of hang around and let a civilian type outcome result. Truman is my hero as long as you don't talk about that one thing he screwed up so bad.

I don't think that McChrystal's position tomorrow afternoon will have a lot to do with who runs in 2012. Hillary is worming her way back in and most people would prefer her right now.

Old 06-22-2010, 04:55 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,120 times
trying to do the impossible can make people insane.....200 generals kissing CIC butt can't win in Afghanistan....

Old 06-22-2010, 04:56 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
When you are called a liar and can't prove that you didn't lie it is hard to stand up and prove the other guy lied.

Obama did not say "Here is your committee chairmanship back, Joe." Nope it was Harry Reid and the rest of the Senate leadership. Presidents don't hand out and take away chairmanships. In case you didn't know that is done by the majority party caucus. Don't blame Obama for that one again.

The one thing that Harry Truman did that I considered wrong, at the time, was to fire the one chance he had to win that Korean police action because McArthur wanted to win instead of hang around and let a civilian type outcome result. Truman is my hero as long as you don't talk about that one thing he screwed up so bad.

I don't think that McChrystal's position tomorrow afternoon will have a lot to do with who runs in 2012. Hillary is worming her way back in and most people would prefer her right now.
It was Obama that asked Reid not to "punish" traitor Joe because they wanted traitor Joe for the 60th vote. It turns out for the most part traitor Joe is not the 60th vote. Probably easier to get the 2 GOP women than traitor Joe.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:00 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Everyone calling for the firing of a man who has tendered his resignation.. Thats the way to show Obama is strong!!!

Old 06-22-2010, 05:06 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,468,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny-days90 View Post
what decorated hero who has been fighting for america for many years would work for an anti american hack in the first place.

He knows obama is totally clueless and knows obama is making decisions that are not good for america.

Mcchrystal is a well decorated american hero with years of success behind him and has to answer to a pimp from chicago would cannot run a popcorn stand correctly.
well said!

Old 06-22-2010, 05:08 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
What decorated hero who has been fighting for America for many years would work for an anti American hack in the first place.

He knows Obama is totally clueless and knows Obama is making decisions that are not good for America.

McChrystal is a well decorated American hero with years of success behind him and has to answer to a pimp from Chicago would cannot run a popcorn stand correctly.
Apparently he voted for Obama.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:17 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,746,321 times
I have to agree with Senator Kerry on this one and that is he had hoped that cooler heads would prevail and the general would not be fired or resign. He has been the most effective to date and this comes on the eve of a major front in Afghanistan. I pray for our troops we do not get a general that is not a puppet of Obama's.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:25 PM

571 posts, read 943,507 times
McChrystal is a charlatan and I do not feel comfortable with the heads of our army contesting what the head of the government says. It is not good at all for the head of any nation's military to be at odds with the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies