Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 01:23 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,031 times

Advertisements

"Since day one!" Gulf Oil Spill Spin: Was The Obama Administration There On Day One?,

"know whose ass to kick!",Obama looking for 'whose ass to kick' - CNN.com"

"BP is moving under the direction of the federal government!"
Obama on BP oil spill: "I'm fully engaged." Press conference transcript - Lynn Sweet

Nice

My point? He/they must have known this would happen too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 01:37 PM

563 posts, read 1,286,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
That was my first thought as well.. At what temperature does oil turn into a gas so it can evaporate?

Liberals lying as usual? Possibly...

If this is for real, the general media will have to cover it .

from Wiki: The oceans are the main source of rain, but lakes and rivers also contribute to it. The sun's heat evaporates the water. It remains in the air as an invisible vapour until it condenses, first into clouds and then into raindrops. Condensation happens when the air is cooled.

I wonder if all the oil would stay at sea level, while the water will be evaporated.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:40 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Sebring View Post

I wonder if all the oil would stay at sea level, while the water will be evaporated.
Yes it will.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:41 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Sebring View Post
The only way a part of oil could evaporate would be from burning of the oil, not from normal atmospheric temperature no matter how hot it gets.

The video lacks credibility to be taken seriously. It could be just a drain in an area with way too many old vehicles. I can record a similar video here in Dallas area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies