U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-24-2010, 08:50 AM
 
35,000 posts, read 21,686,825 times
Reputation: 6078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
oz, the OP doesn't give a crap about military absentee ballots. the only thing the OP cares about is that a republican sent out a mailer, and they used a hypothetical story, so they are claiming it is a lie to tear down the republican party.

of course if the liberal organization "acorn" didn't help the democratic party by absentee voting with dead peoples names, we wouldn't have a democratic president right now. so i see the purpose for the mailer, because the majority of the military vote conservative and that offsets the democrats dead people.

so its tit for tat.
Makes perfect sense.

"if the liberal organization "acorn" didn't help the democratic party by absentee voting with dead peoples names,"

Could you give a link or two to articles that back this up, please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-24-2010, 09:16 AM
 
Location: Say-Town! Texas
968 posts, read 1,091,306 times
Reputation: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Makes perfect sense.

"if the liberal organization "acorn" didn't help the democratic party by absentee voting with dead peoples names,"

Could you give a link or two to articles that back this up, please?
ACORN: Dead Voter Registration » Right Pundits

ACORN Nailed Registering Dead People in Indiana «

More Voter Fraud from ACORN, 39 Turned into Authorities | NowPublic News Coverage

http://newsbyus.com/index.php/article/1611 (broken link)

and the most right wing of them all!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...fraud-florida/

don't ask me to post from non right wing sites because acorn is funded by our democratic majority government and the democrats would never expose one of their own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2010, 09:24 AM
 
Location: Say-Town! Texas
968 posts, read 1,091,306 times
Reputation: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
If you thought candidates with FAKE military service were bad, no we have one that just makes up FAKE veterans!

The only problem with this story is that it never happend and Captain Basnet is a totally fictional charactor made up by Republican Doug MacGinnitie who wants to be elected Secretary of State in Georgia. It was in a mailing he sent to thousands of voters in the state.
There is not a day that goes by that the Republicans do not find a new low to sink to!
so, KevK we've established that the mailer had the word "hypothetical" on the mailer as a disclaimer.

the candidates with fake military service were actually trying to decieve the American public for their own personal gain.

so to set the record straight, Doug MacGinnitie had no intent to decieve because his hypothetical situation was labeled clearly.

this isn't democrat, this isn't republican, this is American. and the American Doug MacGinnitie had no ill will toward the American people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2010, 11:36 AM
 
35,000 posts, read 21,686,825 times
Reputation: 6078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
don't ask me to post from non right wing sites because acorn is funded by our democratic majority government and the democrats would never expose one of their own.
That, also, makes perfect sense.

The first link, a blog, links to a story about the usual known facts: ACORN temp workers listing names out of the phone book, death rolls, etc. to fill in their sheets. Nothing new, that's what they got in trouble for doing. The blog post title is a lie; also nothing new.

The second one, more of the same.

The third one: makes a lot of strange and unvalidated claims. The one cite is to a (now 404) newsmax story; evidently it was about the same temp workers fraudulently filling out forms.

The Fox one: arrest warrants for the temp workers. You may not have read far enough down the page, but the FL Secretary of State said that ACORN itself "alerted her office after it reviewed hundreds of voter registration cards it suspected were fraudulent. She said that none of the names in question actually voted."

This was all hashed out in this forum back in the days of the election in 2008, but I'll repeat it for you real quick. These were part-time temp workers who didnt want to actually go to the trouble of doing their jobs and going around door to door to find and register unregistered voters, and so filled in any names and information onto their forms so they'd have their sheaf of forms filled out at the end of the day. At the end of the day the forms went to the supervisors who looked through them, FLAGGED QUESTIONABLE ONES, made sure the forms were in numerical order and sent them in packs to the Secretary of State. Every form, no matter how obviously ridiculous, HAD to go to the office of the SoS. Questionable forms HAD to be flagged.

This is voter registration fraud, not vote fraud. You can see that even the Fox article calls it "vote registration fraud" (so you're 1 for 4). You can also look it up.

Registrations cant affect anything at the polls. A registration form is not a vote. This is where RW propaganda readers have been deliberately misled -- many never did learn the difference between the two. And why would they be taught it? Better to keep them stupid.

The Fox article quotes the FL SoS, who you'll recall said she was alerted by ACORN mgmt as to the fraudulent forms. "Fernandez-Rundle said the workers, who were being paid 10 dollars an hour to register voters, face anywhere from 2 to 37 counts of 'false swearing in connection with voting or elections' and 'submission of false voter registration information.'

"'They were attempting to justify their hourly wages,' she said."

In other words, they were not going to the polls and voting in the names of dead people, Mickey Mouse, Paul Newman, etc.

"False swearing..." = they had sworn, as workers for the govt, even though temporary, to do what they were supposed to do and not do what they werent supposed to do. That and "submission of false [vr]" are misdemeanors.

Understand how it works, now? If not, you can look up "voter registration fraud" and "vote fraud" at reliable sources and read away to your heart's content. (You could look up "Premier Election Solutions" for further info on vote fraud btw.)

Tip. If you learn to separate reliable sources (information) from propaganda blogs (fun), you'll save yourself and people like me a LOT of time and effort, and you wont look [silly] going around claiming that false things are true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2010, 11:47 AM
 
35,000 posts, read 21,686,825 times
Reputation: 6078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
so, KevK we've established that the mailer had the word "hypothetical" on the mailer as a disclaimer.

the candidates with fake military service were actually trying to decieve the American public for their own personal gain.

so to set the record straight, Doug MacGinnitie had no intent to decieve because his hypothetical situation was labeled clearly.

this isn't democrat, this isn't republican, this is American. and the American Doug MacGinnitie had no ill will toward the American people.
Hey, why not use the Purple Heart for your own self-promotional made up advertising stories? As a device, as a tool to get that knee-jerk response you want? Purple schmurple, so what, no big deal.

Right?

Amusingly, MacGinnittie's challenger also notes,
By MacGinnitie’s own admission, “Captain Basnett” does not even exist and the entire story was a fiction designed to illustrate a point about Georgia law. Worse, the point he is making about Georgia law is false as well.

Georgia law does in fact allow voters, especially service members overseas, to request another absentee ballot from their county elections officer by signing a simple affidavit stating that the first ballot was not received. The elections superintendent will then cancel the first ballot and issue another. [O.C.G.A. § 21-2-384 (a)(5)]

Your morning jolt: Mary Norwood sues John Eaves over demand for handwritten 'Fultons' | Political Insider
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2010, 11:57 AM
 
Location: North Cackelacky....in the hills.
19,556 posts, read 11,240,167 times
Reputation: 2455
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Hey, why not use the Purple Heart for your own self-promotional made up advertising stories? As a device, as a tool to get that knee-jerk response you want? Purple schmurple, so what, no big deal.

Right?

Amusingly, MacGinnittie's challenger also notes,
By MacGinnitie’s own admission, “Captain Basnett” does not even exist and the entire story was a fiction designed to illustrate a point about Georgia law. Worse, the point he is making about Georgia law is false as well.

Georgia law does in fact allow voters, especially service members overseas, to request another absentee ballot from their county elections officer by signing a simple affidavit stating that the first ballot was not received. The elections superintendent will then cancel the first ballot and issue another. [O.C.G.A. § 21-2-384 (a)(5)]

Your morning jolt: Mary Norwood sues John Eaves over demand for handwritten 'Fultons' | Political Insider
And from YOUR link:

Quote:
In his flyer, MacGinnittie argues that the problem hasn’t been entirely fixed.
you conveniently 'forgot' to post that part....

The transparency of the 'outrage of the leftists here is amusing...

Stupid, but amusing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2010, 12:03 PM
 
35,000 posts, read 21,686,825 times
Reputation: 6078
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
And from YOUR link:



you conveniently 'forgot' to post that part....

The transparency of the 'outrage of the leftists here is amusing...

Stupid, but amusing.
I didnt see it or I would have mentioned it with pleasure. They built an entire expensive mailing campaign first around a made up story that they had to say was not true, AND on top of that they have to admit that the claim they're basing the made up story on isnt completely true either?

Is that someone you'd vote for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2010, 12:09 PM
 
28,022 posts, read 10,428,778 times
Reputation: 7304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
so, KevK we've established that the mailer had the word "hypothetical" on the mailer as a disclaimer.

the candidates with fake military service were actually trying to decieve the American public for their own personal gain.

so to set the record straight, Doug MacGinnitie had no intent to decieve because his hypothetical situation was labeled clearly.

this isn't democrat, this isn't republican, this is American. and the American Doug MacGinnitie had no ill will toward the American people.
If the issue is so pressing, the candidate couldn't find a real incident to publicize. He had to make someone up to demonstrate the real problem? That doesn't make sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2010, 12:13 PM
 
Location: North Cackelacky....in the hills.
19,556 posts, read 11,240,167 times
Reputation: 2455
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
If the issue is so pressing, the candidate couldn't find a real incident to publicize. He had to make someone up to demonstrate the real problem? That doesn't make sense.
It is obviously an issue to the state otherwise why would it change the laws pertaining to military votes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2010, 12:20 PM
 
28,022 posts, read 10,428,778 times
Reputation: 7304
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
It is obviously an issue to the state otherwise why would it change the laws pertaining to military votes?
Great. It's an important issue. And the candidate couldn't find one real soldier to illustrate his story. The flyer says 75-80% of soldiers could face his hypothetical soldier's fate. But the candidate couldn't find one, just one real soldier, to make his point? He says just ask the military personnel. But he spent a lot of money to make up this flyer, couldn't he have asked those military personnel? Why did he have to make up a soldier?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top