Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you approve?
Yes 17 24.29%
No 53 75.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 07:35 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Reason #3423 to choose homeschooling.
swagger !!! ... Exactly !

The gross level of ignorance possessed by these exceedingly foolish folks appears to be truly unprecedented among the records of human history ! ...... Just imagine a dopey bunch who would want 5-6 year olds to have condoms !!! I have read that the line down at the "Crazy House" keeps getting longer all the time ... and these "Pea Brains" should really be in the very front of that line !

How absolutely pitiful !!! Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 07:36 PM

406 posts, read 495,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
do do doo do do do dooo

BREAKING NEWS

SEX IS A NORMAL EXPERIENCE OF THE HUMAN BODY

do do doo do do do dooo

The new policy will begin in September and students interested in the free condoms will be required to have a “heart-to-heart” with a counselor which will include a talk about abstinence before being given one.
The superintendent was also backed by her Chairman Peter Grosso who told The Herald,
“The thing is, sexual activity starts younger and younger. We don't know what age that is. So we just said, ‘We'll make it available to all of them.' We didn't want to pick an age, and I really don't believe we're going to get first-graders asking for a condom, as a practical matter.”
The new policy reportedly comes from a recommendation by the town's health advisory committee and the decision was unanimously backed by the school board on June 10th.

So,

Sex is normal, it requires you to talk to a counselor first before anything is given, and its more about information to children.

I see nothing wrong with this. Its not like they are putting condom machines in the lunch room of your 7 year old.

Maybe if these kids are taught that sex is a nasty, bad, evil thing, maybe they'll grow up with a little more informed decision, and lower the young child pregnancy rate, and lower abortions.

Do I want my 7 year old having sex, hell no. Do I think this will lead to 7 year olds having sex, hell no.

He just issued a blanket order to the schools. What this will do, is make safe sexual encounters to happen, to those who were already interested in doing it in the first place, no matter what age they are.

You can't have kids if you think this is okay.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:38 PM

146 posts, read 350,187 times
Aaah, yellow journalism at its finest.

Condoms are being provided to STUDENTS, and there is no AGE MINIMUM if a student wants a condom. They must be counseled prior to getting them by a counselor. This hysteria and reporting is sensationalist drivel. Teachers aren't giving out condoms to first graders instead of gold stars for good grades, and this is obviously targeted to post-pubescent students. Teachers are not telling first graders to ask for condoms.

Anyone of any age can just *buy* a condom from a convenience store vending machine for 75 cents, so what's the difference, really? No first graders are going to ask for condoms, and if I'm wrong (I'm pretty sure I'm not), if they know what a condom is and want one, they can get one if they can get three quarters.

Have any condoms been given to first graders? Nope. But maybe now after seeing all this hysteria one first grader will wonder, "What the heck is a condom" and ask his teacher, and the hysteria machine will be refueld yet again.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:38 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambini View Post
That is legally and physically incorrect

Old 06-24-2010, 07:42 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,024,753 times
This is horrific. Yes, horrific. Pedophiles at work breaking down the moral fabric of society, eating away at our childrens' innocence and slowly but surely working at eliminating the boundaries of adult-child sex, creating a free for all, "if it feels good - do it" mentality from the cradle. People need to open their eyes and see how our kids are being used to further a very sick agenda. Don't believe me, try doing some reading:

"The Marketing of Evil" by David Kupelian

"You're Teaching My Child What?" by Marion Grossman, M.D.

"From Crayons to Condoms"

"Que*ring Elementary Education" with a forward by Kevin Jennings

Google "Alfred Kinsey"

Google "After the Ball"

Google Kevin Jennings our Asst. Deputy of Safe Schools for the U.S. Dept of Education appointed by Obama

Parents. Unless you are very liberal/progressive and like what you read above, get your children out of the public schools. I have researched this stuff and I have personally experienced it. These type of things are not simply "isolated" cases.

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambini View Post
I have a son actually, and no, I don't give him condoms, or show him any nude pictures, or anything like that.

However, I don't hide him away from the world either. If he has questions, I answer them. When he is ready for more than that, I want to have an open enough relationship with my son, that he'll be ok with asking me about his questions.

But I don't want to tell other people what they and can't do either, and I don't hide my son away from the world. Sex is a very real part of the world I find myself in, and as such, its a normal part of human biology. I don't hide that from my son.

I've gotten the "Where do babies come from" question, and my answer is "It comes from a mommy and a daddys body".

Much better than the stupid stork answer.

425 posts, read 366,824 times
This makes total sense . At least now when they are being molested and sodomized they can ask that the person wear protection.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:46 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Herman View Post
It seems like certain people are trying to sexualize children, could it be they want to eventually make pedophilia legal? This degeneracy is coming from a country that wants to invade countries to make them free and democratic. If this freedom and democracy you can keep it, we are no longer a healthy society.
Um, you seem to forget that your prophet Muhammed was a sexually perverted pedophile who married a 6 year old and had sex with her at age 9 when he was well into his 40's. Or was it in his 50's when he married her?

If that's the teachings of your religion, you can keep it.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:50 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Provincetown school official: We'll reconsider condom plan for children - Local News Updates - MetroDesk - The Boston Globe

The Provincetown school system is considering changing its controversial new policy of making free condoms available to all students, even younger elementary schoolers, the school board chairman said today.

The policy provided that all students would be able to get free condoms. It required school officials to keep student requests secret and to ignore parents' objections, the Globe reported today.

Grosso said he would not approve a plan that limited condom availability to the high school, which serves seventh- to 12th-graders.

"Not at all," he said. The policy would "have to go lower than that, because we all know kids are sexually active before high school."

He said he would "probably be comfortable" with a policy that made condoms available only to fifth-graders and older.

My thoughts on this are that the school is all but prodding the kids to have sex at such an early age. By giving out free condoms, the school will end up stigmatizing the kids, in this way: the kids who aren't having sex (the overwhelming majority) will feel as if there is something wrong with them, for not wanting to have sex yet.
Some kids will be under the perception that if the school thinks normal grade schoolers are having so much sex that the school feels it's normal out condoms, then maybe they should be having sex too, so as not to be a weirdo.

Many kids are easily swayed by peer pressure, even if you try to raise them otherwise. Combine this with the sexually suggestive music videos and commercials, and kids will feel that having sex so young is normal, and almost a requirement to fit in like the big kids.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:54 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,024,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
My thoughts on this are that the school is all but prodding the kids to have sex at such an early age. By giving out free condoms, the school will end up stigmatizing the kids, in this way: the kids who aren't having sex (the overwhelming majority) will feel as if there is something wrong with them, for not wanting to have sex yet.
Some kids will be under the perception that if the school thinks normal grade schoolers are having so much sex that the school feels it's normal out condoms, then maybe they should be having sex too, so as not to be a weirdo.

Many kids are easily swayed by peer pressure, even if you try to raise them otherwise. Combine this with the sexually suggestive music videos and commercials, and kids will feel that having sex so young is normal, and almost a requirement to fit in like the big kids.
Exactly. And I think they know exactly what they are doing, too. Try reading "The Marketing of Evil" by David Kupelian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies