Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you approve?
Yes 17 24.29%
No 53 75.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 09:01 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
But what about the teens who are not "most of you"? What will protect them? Actually, according to numerous surveys, about a quarter of all teens experiment with a sexual relationship before reaching the age of 14.

Nobody answered this question last time I asked, so I'll try again:

The other day, we had a thread on this forum about a girl who became pregnant at 11. How would her life have turned out differently if a trusted and competent person in her school had offered her a comdom?
Would she have used the option? Maybe. If she did, would she have ended up pregnant? Probably not.

Will I, as a tax payer, be paying for her and her child for the next 20 years? Probably
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 09:02 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
But what about the teens who are not "most of you"? What will protect them? Actually, according to numerous surveys, about a quarter of all teens experiment with a sexual relationship before reaching the age of 14.

Nobody answered this question last time I asked, so I'll try again:

The other day, we had a thread on this forum about a girl who became pregnant at 11. How would her life have turned out differently if a trusted and competent person in her school had offered her a comdom?
What else do you expect when you have no morals in society

What else do you expect when you have children walking around with booty shorts up to her vagina and boys with their pants down to their butt.

There is no respect no morals anymore. Its I can do whatever I want to do because I am grown and I am entitled to do these things.

When adults stopped being allowed to punish their child. Now you hear kids saying I can do whatever I want and I have a right to privacy.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
When their choices effect the rest of society, there comes a point when something should be done.

For instance, when a parent fails to properly educate their children about sex, and the choices they can make, and their child has sex, has a baby at 13, and then I'm forced as a tax payer to take care of her, her child/ren, for at least the next 20 years, I have a problem with that.

So I agree with you, if someone isn't willing to raise their child, then they shouldn't have them. Which means that if you aren't willing to teach your child about sex, and all of the options they have, then you aren't much of a parent.
So I can walk into your house and take over. I can come into our home and tell your children that your values or morals does not matter they should do things as I say. That is what you are saying. You think you get to decide what is right for us all. To heck if someone doesnt agree with you.

Its not your choice what is proper for another child.

Welfare is a whole other topic

Old 06-25-2010, 09:10 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
So I can walk into your house and take over. I can come into our home and tell your children that your values or morals does not matter they should do things as I say. That is what you are saying. You think you get to decide what is right for us all. To heck if someone doesnt agree with you.

Its not your choice what is proper for another child.

Welfare is a whole other topic
No one is going into anyones homes, so lets just throw that strawman out to begin with shall we?

If I'm making choices that endanger society, yes, society has a role to step in and prevent me from making such bad decisions. Thats the purpose of laws. If I were to start raising children that murder was ok, then I shouldn't be a parent.

The point is that parents aren't properly teaching their children about sex, and sexual encounters. In a world where that is the normal, society has a role to prevent the burden of the children having children. If parents took to a larger, more open role, where all options were discussed with their children, instead of "Sex is wrong, and God will punish you", well, maybe we wouldn't be having this situation come up

And welfare is a very real part of this topic. Cause and effect.

Making condoms available to kids has never been proven to increase sexual encounters.

However, making condoms not available to kids has proven to increase the number of unwanted pregnancies, causing more of a welfare burden, abortions to increase, and causing the problem to be worse because their parents aren't there for them either.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:25 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,927 times
Quote:
I have no doubt that you are a good parent.

However, there are many parents who will never want their children to know about condoms, or sex, or anything like that until their wedding night when it will be divined to them by God, on how to have sex, and the reasons for it.

So, we have a generation of children who aren't educated about sex. They may know the biology of it, but they aren't taught about the safe ways of having sex, or any of the responsibility that comes along with it.

I to do not want my child having sex at 7. And as has been stated before, this is a blanket order.

Here is the process, as I understand it.

A child is curious about sex, and is experimenting with it. Their parents refuse to talk about it, or the child is so scared that their parents will punish them for their curiosity. They then go and speak to a school counselor about their curiosities. The counselor is then responsible for properly educating the child about their possible actions, and the safe alternatives available to them. Then, and only then, if the child still is determined to continue with their experimentation, will they be given condoms.

No condoms in the lunchroom, no big posters up saying "Free condoms, all you've got to do is ask", and no public announcements of "Free condoms available at the counselors office".

Which is why I don't believe that 7 year olds will be getting condoms. However, 10 year olds might very well be curious.

All this does, is puts a precaution in place, in case the situation arises. I'd much rather them talk to a counselor, than get condoms from a gas station bathroom, or not using one at all.

Children, girls in particular, have begun to mature physically earlier and earlier. It used to be unheard of a girl of 10 or 11 reaching puberty, but its common place today. Blame our damned ape DNA, but when girls are given a diet high in protein, where there bodies lack for nothing nutritional needs, they mature earlier and earlier.

One girl I've heard of started puberty at 3!

"My 6-Year-Old Started Her Period" | momlogic.com

With this happening at a faster and faster rate, who knows what age we should be educating our kids about sex, and the responsibilities that come along with it.

All this law does, is makes it available for those who need to know, while keeping those who don't need to know in their little bubble where sex doesn't happen.

I as a parent am terrified at the boundaries schools are IMO overstepping. I understand that there are parents that will never teach their children about sex, I get that really I do but there are many more that will and I as a parent should be able to decided when and how it is done.

One very big issue I have is that the condoms can be handed out and the parents will never be notified about it. That is wrong. If my child went to a counselor asking about sex or condoms I want to know and have the right as a parent to know.

It is wrong that the school make it easier for kids to go behind their parents backs. This is a big reason kids don't respect their parents because they are being taught by the school itself they can be sneaky and lie to their parents. I teach my children there is nothing they can not talk to be about and the school is telling them hey it is ok to NOT talk to your parents just come to us. No, that is wrong. Kids can be deceptive enough on their own and as a parent it is a daily struggle to keep the lines of communication open without the school circumventing that process by giving them an easy out.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:26 AM

Quote:
No one is going into anyones homes, so lets just throw that strawman out to begin with shall we?

If I'm making choices that endanger society, yes, society has a role to step in and prevent me from making such bad decisions. Thats the purpose of laws. If I were to start raising children that murder was ok, then I shouldn't be a parent.

The point is that parents aren't properly teaching their children about sex, and sexual encounters. In a world where that is the normal, society has a role to prevent the burden of the children having children. If parents took to a larger, more open role, where all options were discussed with their children, instead of "Sex is wrong, and God will punish you", well, maybe we wouldn't be having this situation come up

And welfare is a very real part of this topic. Cause and effect.

Making condoms available to kids has never been proven to increase sexual encounters.

However, making condoms not available to kids has proven to increase the number of unwanted pregnancies, causing more of a welfare burden, abortions to increase, and causing the problem to be worse because their parents aren't there for them either.
Yes you are coming into someone elses house and telling them how they must raise their children. Because they arent raising them in the manner in which YOU think is correct.

lol as if you could ever know that giving them condoms does not increase them having sex.

There is many things that are leading up to the unwanted pregnancies. From the lack of morals. To little girls walking around with booty shorts on. To boy walking around with pants on the ground. To kids thinking they have a right to privacy as a child. That they can tell their parents what they are and arent going to do. To the point of parents not being able to punish their children. To the lack of parenting. THe list goes on

Old 06-25-2010, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
If the school determines that your child has expressed an interest in sex, shouldn't it find and provide another similar child and match them up?

How many parents would do THAT for their child's sexual health?

Parents are just too squeamish about such things.

I think THEY call it caring and sharing.

With video cams EVERYWHERE!

Old 06-25-2010, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
I as a parent am terrified at the boundaries schools are IMO overstepping. I understand that there are parents that will never teach their children about sex, I get that really I do but there are many more that will and I as a parent should be able to decided when and how it is done.

One very big issue I have is that the condoms can be handed out and the parents will never be notified about it. That is wrong. If my child went to a counselor asking about sex or condoms I want to know and have the right as a parent to know.

It is wrong that the school make it easier for kids to go behind their parents backs. This is a big reason kids don't respect their parents because they are being taught by the school itself they can be sneaky and lie to their parents. I teach my children there is nothing they can not talk to be about and the school is telling them hey it is ok to NOT talk to your parents just come to us. No, that is wrong. Kids can be deceptive enough on their own and as a parent it is a daily struggle to keep the lines of communication open without the school circumventing that process by giving them an easy out.
Remember the school that helped the girl get an abortion without the parents even knowing she was going to get one.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:29 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,379,585 times
11 people think it is ok to give 10 year olds condoms.

sick

Old 06-25-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Remember the school that helped the girl get an abortion without the parents even knowing she was going to get one.

Ugh please don't remind me. We wonder why we have kids that have zero respect for their parents, the schools tell them they don't have to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies