Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 12:13 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
My purpose was not to seek advice and then cast judgment on whether or not any will work. In fact, there have been a few posters with some very interesting ideas, however most were just posts to belittle Obama. These are the same folks who declare him stupid, incompetent, etc, yet when offered an opportunity to give some great insight into possible solutions, they're empty-handed (or should that be headed?).
OK...how about you pointing out the grain and not worry about the inevitable chaff. This is your thread and you asked a legitimate question, now it is time for you to answer the replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 12:20 PM

1,424 posts, read 5,337,125 times
OP, interesting observation. I was thinking about this "unluckiness" yesterday. Its magnitude is unbelievable.

I am never a conspiracy theorist. I am in, fact, the opposite, that is, very naive about "plots." I usually have to have it thrown in my face before I can see a conspiracy.

But yesterday I was thinking that maybe, just maybe, there is a faction that despises Obama so much that they're somehow involved in invoking series of disasters to make it so overwhelming to manage that it appears Obama is incompetent.

I wonder if it's: 1) just the times and the way they are, i.e, coincidence; 2) his mismanagement and lack of leadership resulting in failures; 3) a conspiracy to oust him; or 4) something else.

I know this sounds crazy. But all these events have been a bit much over the past few years....

Am I just more sensitive to these events lately? Have things always been this bad and I just wasn't focused on them? Or are we experiencing a very disproportionate number of crises?

Old 06-24-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by didee View Post
OP, interesting observation. I was thinking about this "unluckiness" yesterday. Its magnitude is unbelievable.

I am never a conspiracy theorist. I am in, fact, the opposite, that is, very naive about "plots." I usually have to have it thrown in my face before I can see a conspiracy.

But yesterday I was thinking that maybe, just maybe, there is a faction that despises Obama so much that they're somehow involved in invoking series of disasters to make it so overwhelming to manage that it appears Obama is incompetent.

I wonder if it's: 1) just the times and the way they are, i.e, coincidence; 2) his mismanagement and lack of leadership resulting in failures; 3) a conspiracy to oust him; or 4) something else.

I know this sounds crazy. But all these events have been a bit much over the past few years....

Am I just more sensitive to these events lately? Have things always been this bad and I just wasn't focused on them? Or are we experiencing a very disproportionate number of crises?
Can you point out the things that specifically lead you to these conclusions?

Old 06-24-2010, 12:37 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:

I deleted the rest of what you said as it doesn’t really deserve response..

But let’s be really clear. Obama is not facing any more than a dozen or more other Presidents have faced and Obama is doing a poor job standing up to the test.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
More than likely the poster is in California and has a "qualifying medical condition"

Old 06-24-2010, 12:38 PM

1,424 posts, read 5,337,125 times
Quote:
I haven't "concluded" anything. But just thinking about the sheer number of crises got me wondering why these things are happening at the same time under this leader. Or have things always been this chaotic and I am just more sensitive to current events these days?

I don't have answers, just lots of questions.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferd View Post
more than likely the poster is in california and has a "qualifying medical condition"
:d

Old 06-24-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
I haven't "concluded" anything. But just thinking about the sheer number of crises got me wondering why these things are happening at the same time under this leader. Or have things always been this chaotic and I am just more sensitive to current events these days?

I don't have answers, just lots of questions.
Explain "sheer number of crises".

Old 06-24-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Explain "sheer number of crises".
uh oh.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:49 PM

Anyone think Truman was a lucky old cuss?

LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies