U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 05:15 PM

5,856 posts, read 6,914,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Tax cuts.
You mean the same tax cuts, that made what could have been a mild recession, and got wrapped up into the larger financial crisis bubble, that nearly destroyed not only our financial and economic security, but our country?

THAT's what you're gonna say was a good thing he did? Wow. Please, please, please...PUT THAT UP AS MUCH AS YOU CAN, EVERYWHERE YOU CAN, AND YELL IT AS LOUD AS YOU CAN.

And the Dem's will have a 70 seat majority in the Senate. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 05:23 PM

17,446 posts, read 23,964,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Have heard that as well. I also heard he may drop out of the D party to run as in Indy, which would drain a lot of support (from among his supporters obviously).
It's easier to get on the ballot if you run within a major party.

That's why Ron Paul in 2008 ran in the GOP primary rather than as an independent candidate (which he did in 1988). It's very difficult to get on the ballot as an independent in many states. Ralph Nader's decision to run for US Senate in Connecticut in 2012 against Joe Lieberman rather than run for the presidency suggests that Nader in his old age has finally realized the difficulty of this. (And for once Nader might actually have a chance of winning an election he runs in....)

Old 07-01-2010, 05:27 PM

22,383 posts, read 27,587,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
You mean the same tax cuts, that made what could have been a mild recession, and got wrapped up into the larger financial crisis bubble, that nearly destroyed not only our financial and economic security, but our country?

THAT's what you're gonna say was a good thing he did? Wow. Please, please, please...PUT THAT UP AS MUCH AS YOU CAN, EVERYWHERE YOU CAN, AND YELL IT AS LOUD AS YOU CAN.

And the Dem's will have a 70 seat majority in the Senate. Thanks.
No, I mean the tax cuts which increased government revenue.

Tax cuts help, don't hurt, the economy. They always have.

Old 07-01-2010, 05:28 PM

Quote:

Even Art Laffer said that there was a certain point at which tax cuts would cease to stimulate the economy.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:07 PM

10,309 posts, read 11,227,747 times
Who would win a fight between King Kong and Godzilla?

Old 07-01-2010, 09:17 PM

2,348 posts, read 2,426,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dawg View Post
Pretty self explanatory... if Hillary Clinton runs again in the primary in 2012, who will you choose?
She won't, it'll tear the Dem party apart, leaving room for the Reps. the DNC wouldn't let her, Bill wouldn't let her. And she knows better.

She'll be his successor in 2016.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:27 PM

8,566 posts, read 9,670,037 times
I'll vote for Clinton in the Donk primary just to bust the BS in the office today, but no way I'll vote for her hairy ugly butt in the general.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
I'll vote for Clinton in the Donk primary just to bust the BS in the office today, but no way I'll vote for her hairy ugly butt in the general.
Would you vote for Kucinich?

Old 07-01-2010, 09:31 PM

5,856 posts, read 6,914,600 times
Quote:

No they ALWAYS have not. Keeping the Bush tax cuts in place...will cost us $4.4 TRILLION dollars over the next ten years 2010-2020. Where are all those deficit hawks and tea partiers with that little fact?

Tax Cuts: Myths and Realities — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

TOOOOOOOOO Easy Drill Sargent!

Old 07-01-2010, 09:37 PM

10,783 posts, read 11,852,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Won't happen, unless it would be someone from the fringe like Kucinich. A mainstream Democrat, like Clinton, would be the equivalent of excommunicated.
I agree it's not going to happen, though i wish it would. Obama is far too soft and hillary i don't think could handle it either. The democrats need a real fire in the belly, take no sh*t from the right, core democrat in office. Kucinich and Dean are the only two that come to mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies