Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 09:45 AM

140 posts, read 372,793 times

Advertisements

Go stand on a street corner an hour a day with a sign demanding better treatment by Republicans in congress (bring a tin cup too and a monkey if you have one). Maybe you'll get people to join you (or honk their horns) and eventually someone might snap your picture for the local paper. This is how some "Tea Party" people say they began their grassroots organizing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedblurr View Post
So we can put all dems in charge?? No thanks.

Everyone that is there now needs to be removed, from both sides. Funny how people think the dems will help you, yet they could have helped on several occasions this week alone, and failed just as bad if not worse the the repubs with their little grandstanding and threatening to kill the bill all together if it was not passed yesterday.
Better than rewarding the Filibuster Republican party for grinding our government to a halt when we can least afford it as a nation.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:48 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,192,966 times
This thread is so loaded w/brilliance it should be the Political forum.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:51 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,546,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD in NJ View Post
Vote Republicans out.
Try doing your research, the Republicans tried to pass some type of extension and the Dems blocked it.

This us vs. them mentality is going to destroy this country.

And I am not a Republican, but I get so tired of such broad statements like yours that have no merit.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Try doing your research, the Republicans tried to pass some type of extension and the Dems blocked it.

This us vs. them mentality is going to destroy this country.

And I am not a Republican, but I get so tired of such broad statements like yours that have no merit.
I do my own research sir. Perhaps you should heed your own advice and do the same? Figure out how unspent stimulus money can be used and get back to me with your plan. Here's a link to help you Recovery.gov

And we're already in a them vs us or have you not been paying attention for these past 9.5 years? Its been destroying this country.

What broad statements? That the Republican party is the filibuster party? Record number of uses sir. Record number. If that's not grinding this country to a halt I don't know what is. Its an abuse of the American political system that prevents the legislative process from working.
Republican Obstruction at Work: Record Number of Filibusters | NEWS JUNKIE POST

Old 06-25-2010, 10:31 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,034,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlowkey View Post
I dont believe the new world order will be so overt. I will take one crisis at a time, starting with unemployment benefits extensions
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I hope you're right, but I see WAY too many signs of it. The fact this bill did not pass is one of them.
Georgia Guidestones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Georgia Guidestones:
  1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
  2. Guide reproduction wisely - improving fitness and diversity.
  3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
  4. Rule passion - faith - tradition - and all things with tempered reason.
  5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
  6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
  7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
  8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
  9. Prize truth - beauty - love - seeking harmony with the infinite.
  10. Be not a cancer on the earth - Leave room for nature - Leave room for nature.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:31 AM

107 posts, read 159,723 times
if you don't already hate republicans, you will after seeing the video below that was posted by someone else in another thread

Rachel Maddow Show

Old 06-25-2010, 10:37 AM

31 posts, read 143,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ix3623 View Post
if you don't already hate republicans, you will after seeing the video below that was posted by someone else in another thread

Rachel Maddow Show
Sorry but rachel maddow and keith olbemann are the lefts equivalent to the the rights rush limbaugh and Glenn Beck. They spin anything and everything to their respective sides. Not to mention it is easy to cut things out to make it sound like something its not.

This holds no merit to the argument, and only proves that it is both sides fighting against each other, which happens to be the real problem.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:42 AM

So the bill was paid for except for unemployment extensions, as emergency spending like this is always treated, yet Republicans still voted against cloture. Yep the Grand Ole' Filibuster Party.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:42 AM

107 posts, read 159,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedblurr View Post
Sorry but rachel maddow and keith olbemann are the lefts equivalent to the the rights rush limbaugh and Glenn Beck. They spin anything and everything to their respective sides. Not to mention it is easy to cut things out to make it sound like something its not.

This holds no merit to the argument, and only proves that it is both sides fighting against each other, which happens to be the real problem.
regardless, you can't defend the republican's comments that unemployed are drug addicts, stray animals, etc...fool yourself all you want. both democrats and republicans have their own agenda, ..democrats by trying to force what they want in a bill with unemployment benefits extensions instead of a bill with that alone,..but the republicans are the bigger evil. the republicans are being this way because most of them (who voted no) have terms for the next 5 years. they won't get hurt in the next elections and will still have a job..they'll just think people will forget in 5 years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies