Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 10:44 AM

77 posts, read 203,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Georgia Guidestones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Georgia Guidestones:
  1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
  2. Guide reproduction wisely - improving fitness and diversity.
  3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
  4. Rule passion - faith - tradition - and all things with tempered reason.
  5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
  6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
  7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
  8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
  9. Prize truth - beauty - love - seeking harmony with the infinite.
  10. Be not a cancer on the earth - Leave room for nature - Leave room for nature.
While this sounds very appealing, one question remains to be answered --- how do we get the human population under 500,000,000 when it is ow way past that?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 10:55 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,045,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Georgia Guidestones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Georgia Guidestones:
  1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
  2. Guide reproduction wisely - improving fitness and diversity.
  3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
  4. Rule passion - faith - tradition - and all things with tempered reason.
  5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
  6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
  7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
  8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
  9. Prize truth - beauty - love - seeking harmony with the infinite.
  10. Be not a cancer on the earth - Leave room for nature - Leave room for nature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marycotter5678 View Post
While this sounds very appealing, one question remains to be answered --- how do we get the human population under 500,000,000 when it is ow way past that?????
I find this appalling and a little alarming. This is no CT. This is actual proof of some kind of elitist idealogy.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:59 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
it has stopped being UIB and has become the french style employment based welfare (chomage)
what the demos dont want to disclose, its not a recovery its a contraction. those jobs are gone.

Old 06-25-2010, 11:45 AM

11,294 posts, read 18,872,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
it has stopped being UIB and has become the french style employment based welfare (chomage)
what the demos dont want to disclose, its not a recovery its a contraction. those jobs are gone.
OK so what do we do with people who are "unemployable" then?

Old 06-25-2010, 02:48 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD in NJ View Post
I do my own research sir. Perhaps you should heed your own advice and do the same? Figure out how unspent stimulus money can be used and get back to me with your plan. Here's a link to help you Recovery.gov

And we're already in a them vs us or have you not been paying attention for these past 9.5 years? Its been destroying this country.

What broad statements? That the Republican party is the filibuster party? Record number of uses sir. Record number. If that's not grinding this country to a halt I don't know what is. Its an abuse of the American political system that prevents the legislative process from working.
Republican Obstruction at Work: Record Number of Filibusters | NEWS JUNKIE POST
Who signed off on NAFTA?????.....Ross Perot said it and he was right " that sucking noise you hear are American jobs going down the toilet".

The thing is most people didn't think it would happen to them.

The Bush Adminstration is guilty as well, they increased the number of work visas allowed into this country and jobs went to foreigners( many from India) who took lower salaries.

Clinton signed NAFTA in case you didn't know, so let's not pretend the Dems are any better.

Old 06-25-2010, 02:49 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedblurr View Post
Sorry but rachel maddow and keith olbemann are the lefts equivalent to the the rights rush limbaugh and Glenn Beck. They spin anything and everything to their respective sides. Not to mention it is easy to cut things out to make it sound like something its not.

This holds no merit to the argument, and only proves that it is both sides fighting against each other, which happens to be the real problem.

Very well said.

Old 06-25-2010, 03:28 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
[quote=marycotter5678;14770790]While this sounds very appealing, one question remains to be answered --- how do we get the human population under 500,000,000 when it is ow way past that?????[/quote]

Think Nazi Germany. Watch this movie, I guarantee you it is worth your time....

YouTube - EndGame HQ full length version

Old 06-25-2010, 03:29 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Well said Huck, you are right again as usual.

Old 06-25-2010, 03:53 PM

600 posts, read 1,074,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marycotter5678 View Post
We could start with exterminating obnoxious yankees and Californians.

Old 06-25-2010, 04:13 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,837,211 times
Quote:
I think you're probably right in your analysis , though it may be more apt to call it a "correction". For a long time an awful lot of American workers have enjoyed ft pay for jobs that really in all honesty were not FT positions.

With the economic crunch, employers have discovered they can offload a LOT of those workers and still function profitably, and this even WITHOUT all the other issues such as illegals taking jobs, temporary visa workers and outsourcing.

I've been in the USA for nearly 10 years now, and in that time I've never had one single position where I was fully utilised or felt "taxed" to the limit to keep up with my workload. I'm sure once I am back in employment I will now find that has changed drastically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies