Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 07:42 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,309,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Unbelievable,..
"Unbelievable" because it's not true.
That was a local Fox station, NOT the Fox News Station.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 07:52 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,927 times
I like Fox but I can't watch Hannity he drives me bonkers with the stuff he says. I am on the right but even I get annoyed with him. He repeats the same stuff over and over like a broken record. I use to like him when he was with Combs but now he just goes off on tangents.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:06 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
"Sean Hannity deceptively edited comments President Obama made during a 2007 Senate hearing to falsely accuse Obama of 'attacking General [David] Petraeus.' In fact, in comments cropped out of the video, Obama made clear his criticism was directed at President Bush and was 'not a criticism' of Petraeus."
Hannity deceptively edited Obama to falsely accuse him of "attacking General Petraeus" | Media Matters for America

Video and transcript, and transcript of Obama's statements, included.
What is it with Sean Hannity and deceptive editing? That's a serious ethical problem, not to mention tremendously insulting to his viewers. Dont you Fox fans feel a little uncomfortable about this?
Oh............ you mean like Michael Moore did in his films? Terrible! Just terrible!

Hannity, like Michael Moore, is a partisan idiot. Who cares.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:12 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,480,601 times
Quote:
Originally posted by Cyber Queen
I like Fox but I can't watch Hannity he drives me bonkers with the stuff he says. I am on the right but even I get annoyed with him. He repeats the same stuff over and over like a broken record. I use to like him when he was with Combs but now he just goes off on tangents.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices this. Hannity is not just a liar, but a poor communicator. He's so repetitive and needlessly wordy that you can lose what he's saying. The fact that he got his own show proves that anything can happen in America.

There's somehting about the way he speaks too...it reminds me of a third world propagandist--just saying the same old platitudes and talking points over and over with no originality. It's like his transcripts were handed to him by someone else. He'd be a great mouthpiece for any dictatorship.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:08 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Media Matters?

So if George Soros pays for something to be true, it becomes true?

Never heard a lawyer say two things at once?

"And this is not a criticism of either of you gentlemen. This is a criticism of this president [Bush]."

Then he takes a passive-aggressive dump all over everything the general is doing in Afghanistan.
As you read in the OP, the transcripts and the video are there.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:10 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Oh............ you mean like Michael Moore did in his films? Terrible! Just terrible!

Hannity, like Michael Moore, is a partisan idiot. Who cares.
You should, since Hannity was manipulating the news. How numb are you?

Old 06-28-2010, 08:14 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,054,512 times
I think it's great. You see some one say anything about watching Fox News and they believe it, as with anything incredibly partisan thing, you know they have the IQ of pocket lint. They can buy some of Becks gold and bankrupt themselves as well.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:25 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Meanwhile back here in the real world, the left BASHED Patreus and had an article up on either the the NYT site or the Washington Post site for YEARS that called Patreus General Betray Us, but they recently took it down because Obama appointed him. If you want to talk about baby games and hypocrits, you guys OWN that title!

Old 06-29-2010, 07:26 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,616,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
"Sean Hannity deceptively edited comments President Obama made during a 2007 Senate hearing to falsely accuse Obama of 'attacking General [David] Petraeus.' In fact, in comments cropped out of the video, Obama made clear his criticism was directed at President Bush and was 'not a criticism' of Petraeus."
Hannity deceptively edited Obama to falsely accuse him of "attacking General Petraeus" | Media Matters for America

Video and transcript, and transcript of Obama's statements, included.
What is it with Sean Hannity and deceptive editing? That's a serious ethical problem, not to mention tremendously insulting to his viewers. Dont you Fox fans feel a little uncomfortable about this?

so Hannity tried to make obama look bad? Is that your point? Honestly though...does obama REALLY need help with making people think he doesn't like the military?

Old 06-29-2010, 07:37 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,415,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices this. Hannity is not just a liar, but a poor communicator. He's so repetitive and needlessly wordy that you can lose what he's saying. The fact that he got his own show proves that anything can happen in America.

There's somehting about the way he speaks too...it reminds me of a third world propagandist--just saying the same old platitudes and talking points over and over with no originality. It's like his transcripts were handed to him by someone else. He'd be a great mouthpiece for any dictatorship.

+1

you know what's worse than listening to Hannity these days...is the soccor moms calling up just drooling over the phone while talking to him...they all sound the same, like there's a generic template to use while calling in...

they always start off with, "Hannity, i saw you in (insert town), you probably don't remember me, i had my two little girls with me...",

then Hannity says, "ahhh, yes! i think i remember you!",

then the caller will go on and on about how "rough" they have it, trying to make ends meet, and how they are so sorry for their poor children that are going to have to live with all this debt...i mean, it's just a slap in the face, but sadly, it's almost entertaining to listen to it...you just need a sense of humor i guess...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies