Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 11:09 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,127,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Why April???
Shhhhhh...taxes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 11:16 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
Shhhhhh...taxes
But, the tax forum I file in April ended on Dec. 31 of the previous year....

so again, why April???

Old 06-27-2010, 11:20 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
But, the tax forum I file in April ended on Dec. 31 of the previous year....

so again, why April???
Look at the original post in question. The poster referenced "showing" earnings. You show your earnings to the IRS in April.

Old 06-27-2010, 11:21 AM

716 posts, read 1,119,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I think people who choose not to go to college are mostly ignorant and lazy, when I was getting my undergrad, so many of my fellow students were people who had just moved to this country, still going through the cultural shock, some struggled with the English language yet, they worked hard and never gave up. Yet, I hear some American born idiots say things like "college is not for me" or "I can't afford it". Our country is full of pathetic losers.

What about people who go through apprenticeships? There are other ways of getting into a good career than college. Skilled tradesmen usually do pretty well and are in high demand.

Old 06-27-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
The self employed show as little income as possible in April . If you work for someone you show it all , you have no choice . I bet you the income statistics would be closer if this was not the case .
One example would be that a business owner will have his retired relatives receive paychecks .
Here is the post.

The income shown in April in fact is for the previous year.

The relatives would also have to get a 1099 or W-2 and somehow address the money they made.

Old 06-27-2010, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatwoods View Post
What about people who go through apprenticeships? There are other ways of getting into a good career than college. Skilled tradesmen usually do pretty well and are in high demand.
That is what I had to do. Two years.

Then the test from he**.

Followed by an interview with some "good ole boys" that did not want me to pass.

Old 06-27-2010, 11:32 AM

406 posts, read 495,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
People who did not go to college make good Tea Party members Well, I have a degree in Economics and studying Economics had a significant impact on who I am today, and it also helped me develop my analytical skills, I would say my degree is worth millions of dollars and I definitely recommend going to college, education is a powerful thing!

I am a Tea Party member with a degree in Economics. My other degree is Human Resource Management. Are you trying to say Tea Party members aren't college educated? Most members I know have degrees.

Old 06-27-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambini View Post
I am a Tea Party member with a degree in Economics. My other degree is Human Resource Management. Are you trying to say Tea Party members aren't college educated? Most members I know have degrees.
I am also a Tea Party member. Just HS.

Old 06-27-2010, 11:37 AM

4,803 posts, read 10,173,569 times
it is commonly thought that tea party members are blue collar workers. it doesn't help they have Sarah Palin as a representative.

Old 06-27-2010, 11:38 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,308,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambini View Post
Tea Party members are overall, a very educated and enlightened crowd Like the woman who never had any interest in politics until Obama was elected or the people who still believe he was born in Kenya. Sorry, but Tea Party members are mostly ignorant, uneducated people with very few exceptions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies