Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 08:21 PM

454 posts, read 482,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
ok, in sunday school (if you attended) christians are taught to live by the 10 commandments. what you are quoting is not something that is preached by christian pastors to do. jesus christ, himself, declared the former laws (eye for an eye) are no longer valid post "baby in a manger"

christianity is still the religion of freedom.
And in the Hebrew bible an "Eye for an Eye" means to compensate one for the wroth of his eye. Which might worth more for a writer and less for a farmer.
It is not literal take an eye for an eye.
Judaism evolved; there are book of interpretation, and lots of debates and no one opinion is accepted.
While Islam you are not allowed to question discuss or interpret in any other way then it is written.

I read The book the Problem with Islam by Irshad Manji a Muslim and she talks about how they do not allow discussions.
Irshad Manji blog and official website » home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
Whether he is or isn't I'm not really sure; but who cares? Isn't there supposed to be a distinction of church and state?
Look at this and tell me that if he is really a Muslim -you don't have a problem with that.

YouTube - Taqiyya - Lying For Islam

Old 06-29-2010, 07:54 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Man, this shows you have a lot of head knowledge, but not the understanding thereof.
Maybe. Maybe not.

I certainly do not share the same understanding that you do.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:12 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by conc1 View Post
Look at this and tell me that if he is really a Muslim -you don't have a problem with that.

YouTube - Taqiyya - Lying For Islam
Are you suggesting that all Muslims have an agenda to kill or take over the American people?
I can't watch the video right now, so I'm not even sure what it's about, I'm just assuming it has something to do with Obama and terrorists.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:14 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Maybe. Maybe not.

I certainly do not share the same understanding that you do.
Which makes these discussions challenging, thought provoking, and certaily interesting!

Old 06-29-2010, 09:28 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
Yeah, and a ham-eating Muslim at that.

It is funny how y'all think (or not).

PS. I didn't even bother to click on the link, and thanks to Ozzie, who also warned against a malware threat in doing so.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:35 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by conc1 View Post
And in the Hebrew bible an "Eye for an Eye" means to compensate one for the wroth of his eye. Which might worth more for a writer and less for a farmer.
Christianity happens to come from a belief in Jesus Christ, not in the old testament writings, much of which is shared with Islam and Judaism. Christ is responsible for Christianity, not Moses. Islam, at least respects Jesus Christ as a prophet. Judaism never grew the balls to.

And "eye for an eye" from the old testament was overridden with a Christian belief:
"You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.' But I tell you, don't resist him who is evil; but whoever strikes you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also. If anyone sues you to take away your coat, let him have your cloak also. Whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two. Give to him who asks you, and don't turn away him who desires to borrow from you"

Christianity evolved. Too bad, many "Christians" are still stuck in reverse gears and don't think any differently than their Judaic brethren on the subject.

Having said that, have you ever had ham or bacon? Do you like it?

Old 06-29-2010, 09:53 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Storm View Post
If that is the only thing he has done for the good of the country, then we are screwed as a Nation.
We've been screwed as a nation since Congress sold out to special interests many years ago so quit yer whining about one man being the cause.

Old 07-05-2010, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Christianity happens to come from a belief in Jesus Christ, not in the old testament writings, much of which is shared with Islam and Judaism. Christ is responsible for Christianity, not Moses. Islam, at least respects Jesus Christ as a prophet. Judaism never grew the balls to.

And "eye for an eye" from the old testament was overridden with a Christian belief:
"You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.' But I tell you, don't resist him who is evil; but whoever strikes you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also. If anyone sues you to take away your coat, let him have your cloak also. Whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two. Give to him who asks you, and don't turn away him who desires to borrow from you"

Christianity evolved. Too bad, many "Christians" are still stuck in reverse gears and don't think any differently than their Judaic brethren on the subject.

Having said that, have you ever had ham or bacon? Do you like it?
The bible was sealed before Jesus.

Jesus was a Jew.

Islam was created after the other two religions, so they try to convert both.

Judaism does not believe in turning the other cheek, had Jews believed in it there will be no state of Israel already.

Even though one could argue that continuing to "negotiate" with Arafat while well knowing that he was saying one thing in Arabic and another in English, and terrorist attacks were at all time high was some form of turning the other cheek, or being suicidal.
Video
http://www.eretzyisroel.org/~jkatz/oslo.html

When was the last time a rabbi order stoning as a punishment?
Or Order literally an eye for an eye?
It was always about the value of the compensation. There are books upon book that argue, investigate, and debate again every coma in the Torah.

Your questions about ham? Was it a politely way to ask me if I am Jewish?

Old 07-05-2010, 02:33 AM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Yes. See above. The tenets of Islam are not consistent with a democratic republic. In fact, they are almost diametrically opposed. Did you ever wonder why no Islamic nation is considered to be a beacon of civil liberty, individual rights, tolerance, and a leader in science? It is no coincidence.

If he is a muslim (which I suspect he is), it is important for several reaons-

1. He put on a masquerade of being a Christian for twenty years simply for political expediency. This is very disturbing. How deep is one's committment that he would "change" religions like a pair of clothes? Further, how calculating and decietful is that?

I would dare trust a man who has done what he has done.

2. Muslims have this terrible penchant for violence and a conviction to convert or kill non Muslims. I would think that sentiment would be somewhat contrary to the laws of the United States and would make such a man incapable of effectively leading a modern nation.

3. A little issue of separation of church and state. Our Christian leaders appeared to understand this issue. A muslim, such as Obama, does not and has cozied up to fellow muslims at the expense of the nation.
"Christian Leaders"?

Who are they?

How often do you get to Rochester, doctor?

YouTube - Harry Nilsson - Coconut (1971)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies