Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 11:33 AM

4,462 posts, read 8,016,311 times

Advertisements

I think the appropriate word is 'dementia'

that being so any so called 'deflection' by the 'far left' is not only dementia but also delusion- since the conservatives have had economic and political power for over 3 decades-including the 8 years under Clinton.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:37 AM

5,167 posts, read 11,433,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
this thread is about Carter and his whacked out anti American, anti Israel philosophy ,if you need another thread to express your angst, about GWB, go ahead and start one! BTW,Since when don't Libs like drunks and drug abusers?

Shows that you know very little about "Libs" ... I don't drink more than maybe 5 glasses of wine a YEAR and I don't do drugs, never have... and I don't like drunks or druggies regardless of their political views.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:52 AM

9,888 posts, read 10,817,438 times
Default hands down the worst expotus

Jimmy Carter: The Worst Ex-President in History | www.vcrisis.com Jimmy Carter's Ignoble "Peace" Prize by Thomas Sowell -- Capitalism Magazine

Old 06-20-2007, 11:55 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times

Even IF it were true we KNOW that ranking will quickly change on 20 January 2009.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:01 PM

451 posts, read 835,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Even IF it were true we KNOW that ranking will quickly change on 20 January 2009.
WHAAAAAAAAAAT? How could anyone in their right mind think that Bush will be a worse ex president than Carter? That seems almost imposible.

Then again there are those who think Carter was a better president than Bush is.

Strange times.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:02 PM

Quote:
I dont know about that Burdell, Carter failed in just about every category , You can certainly fault W for pulling an LBJ on the war, but this booming economy, stockmarket will all be in his favor. If Carter were potus during 9/11 we would all be currently dead or praying face down with our asses in the air!

Old 06-20-2007, 12:13 PM

Quote:
I dont know about that Burdell, Carter failed in just about every category , You can certainly fault W for pulling an LBJ on the war, but this booming economy, stockmarket will all be in his favor. If Carter were potus during 9/11 we would all be currently dead or praying face down with our asses in the air!

I'd have to say that W has failed in just about every category also. Why don't you favor us with the story of how you developed this seemingly deep, personal hatred of Carter? Your rants certainly seem to go beyond the normal blah, blah, blah of what any president did or didn't do.

And I don't want to start a whole economics debate here but I don't believe the stock market by itself is a reliable indicator of a nation's economic health. Just one example but pawning your future to secure wealth today is not always a great plan of action, eventually the bill cmes due and if it's payment hasn't been planned for then what?

Old 06-20-2007, 12:24 PM

Quote:
I'd have to say that W has failed in just about every category also. Why don't you favor us with the story of how you developed this seemingly deep, personal hatred of Carter? Your rants certainly seem to go beyond the normal blah, blah, blah of what any president did or didn't do.

And I don't want to start a whole economics debate here but I don't believe the stock market by itself is a reliable indicator of a nation's economic health. Just one example but pawning your future to secure wealth today is not always a great plan of action, eventually the bill cmes due and if it's payment hasn't been planned for then what?
I dont have a deep personal hatred for Carter himself, His presidency speaks for itself, most democrats wont even try to defend that. What I Hate is Anti Americanism and when it comes from a former potus that is disgusting and despicable!

Old 06-20-2007, 01:06 PM

1,135 posts, read 3,980,902 times
Why is it disgusting and despicable ??
Bu$h has disgraced the office. America
is a big, violent oaf to the rest of the
world. To NOT speak out about this administration
is despicable. Ford was brutal in his assessment of
the Death Chimp regime. Its not just Carter. Its
anyone who has a pulse and can read simultaniously.

To you Bu$hies, Anti-American means believing in the Consitution,
small government with minimal interference, not wanting Jerry
Falwell to determine political policy and having the audacity to
believe the world is round because science says so. Make no
mistake about it....Carters legacy is in the making, Bu$hs has yet
to come. History will show Bu$h not even worthy to scrape the
peanut dung off of Carters shoes.

Old 06-20-2007, 01:27 PM

Quote:
I dont have a deep personal hatred for Carter himself, His presidency speaks for itself, most democrats wont even try to defend that. What I Hate is Anti Americanism and when it comes from a former potus that is disgusting and despicable!
I really haven't read enough about his current activities to have a reasoned opinion but you were ranking presidencies.

It's not part of the oath but I believe a president should follow the same good advice that physicians are given and swear to follow:

First, do no harm.

By that standard alone I believe GWB will most certainly top Carter in the rankings of worst US president.

And when it comes to acts of Anti-Americanism, no one has yet offered me any valid reasoning as to why selling weapons to an enemy of the US should be considered anything but. So another competitor to Carter looms in the foreground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.