Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 10:08 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,533,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
The laws of the land have decided a woman's breasts are acceptable to be seen in public. She is merely exercising those rights.

Let's change the story a bit. The kid wasn't riding the ATV. This lady just liked to mow the lawn topless. Which is perfectly legal. Now the neighbors complain because their grandkid can see her. What would be the reaction to that story?
I still think it's weird, even if the child were completely taken out of the equation. I'm definitely not a prude, but I am modest and feel as if I wanted someone to see me naked I'd want to do it inside my house and would never use my birthday suit for revenge. That's a reward in my mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 10:09 AM

1,208 posts, read 1,830,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
Is she doing it in front of the child? I didn't read the article, but if she is, wouldn't that be illegal if she were exposing herself to a minor?
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
I have mixed feelings about this: I know I wouldn't be comfortable seeing another woman's breasts as well as exposing mine to a child. I just think it's an odd way to get revenge.
Yet breast feeders do it all the time and we give them a pass. Let's face it...breastfeeding Moms are flashers! Lock 'em up!!!

Old 06-28-2010, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Breasts are not illegal in Canada.
Since breasts are completely natural, what's to be illegal?

Then don't go to Canada.
Good lord, haven't you ever been to a gym or dressing room?
Why does it bother you what a woman in another country chooses to wear or not?
Since nothing else worked, she went bare breasted.

It always helps to read an article before you make negative comments on it.
Funny b/c I am sure if I had said something positive about the situation reading the article or not would have had no effect.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksharp View Post
Yet breast feeders do it all the time and we give them a pass. Let's face it...breastfeeding Moms are flashers! Lock 'em up!!!
I think that's weird too. If I knew I was going to be out and my son might get hungry, I would pump.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
she's not interested in revenge - she's simply trying to get the 5-year old brat to stop riding his noisy ATV up and down the block, and this is the only method that has worked.
You don't think it constitutes as revenge to the parents who have ignored her complaints regarding their child?

Old 06-28-2010, 10:15 AM

1,208 posts, read 1,830,343 times
Quote:
I think that's weird too. If I knew I was going to be out and my son might get hungry, I would pump.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:16 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,737,614 times
I might have taken a more direct approach to stopping the noise. But then I am not a reasonable female but I a short tempered male.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:20 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,167,771 times
She found an innovative,effective, non-violent and perfectly legal way to eliminate or reduce an annoyance.
Good for her.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:28 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,309,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Just what we need, another person who thinks bare breasts are more offensive than unnecessary wars of choice
Strange interpretive powers!

Take a picture - it'll last longer!

Old 06-28-2010, 10:30 AM

268 posts, read 453,689 times
The lady needs to get over it. He's 5 years old and probably riding a little 50cc at best. They aren't very loud at all, even the 2 strokes can barely be heard from behind closed doors. I guess she'd rather the kid be inside watching TV instead? I personally like to look out my window and see all the kids in the neighborhood out riding bikes, motor powered scooters and little ATVs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies