Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Effeminate versus masculine gays
Both extremes are ineffective and divisive. 2 5.13%
Neither extremes are a problem unless you make it a personal problem. 26 66.67%
Effeminate gay men are a problem. They should be conservative. 7 17.95%
Masculine gay me are a problem. They should be less hypocritical/xenophobic. 1 2.56%
Other comments that I will explain on the forum. 3 7.69%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 02:50 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,831,934 times

Advertisements

Do effeminate or masculine gay men REALLY give the gay community a bad reputation?

What are your ideas of an effeminate gay man? e.g. friendly, outgoing, skin-tight jeans, and sensitive to the needs of everyone? Does that take away from society or does it add to it?

What are your ideas of a masculine gay man? e.g. insensitive, emotionally autistic, aloof, more sexual, football lover, etc? Does that take away from society or does it add to it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 02:57 PM

4,790 posts, read 5,881,903 times
Men are men. I know some straight "effeminate/sensitive" guys who love to cook, sew, and shop ! They love women. Macho/ femme behavior can be wired in, despite gender orientation. One of my gay male friends was so much like his mother they could have been twins.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:01 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,158,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Do effeminate or masculine gay men REALLY give the gay community a bad reputation?

What are your ideas of an effeminate gay man? e.g. friendly, outgoing, skin-tight jeans, and sensitive to the needs of everyone? Does that take away from society or does it add to it?

What are your ideas of a masculine gay man? e.g. insensitive, emotionally autistic, aloof, more sexual, football lover, etc? Does that take away from society or does it add to it?
Dude what's with the obsession with gays?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...gays-poll.html

Old 06-28-2010, 03:01 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,273,394 times
Actually, it's that part of the straight community who won't accept homosexually as a nature-not-nurture thing that gives the gay community a bad reputation.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:04 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,618,062 times
I've never understood why people bring their sexual preferences out for public scrutiny. I would never openly flaunt my sexual conduct or preferences for public display. nor do I know anyone who would. What you desire in the bedroom should stay in the bedroom. And that applies to all. Hetro, Homo or beastial. JMO on the matter

Old 06-28-2010, 03:07 PM

26,684 posts, read 41,565,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post

My problem would be with the LOUD effeminate gay guys. I'll support your right to live your lifestyle as long as you don't scream, burp, and fart it all day.

I actually am pretty good friends with a gay guy who is masculine (and posts here on CD) and you would never know he's gay.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:13 PM

Why would I want to associate with some emotionally retarded LOUD overbearing masculine gay man that is ashamed of people's differences?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
My problem would be with the LOUD effeminate gay guys. I'll support your right to live your lifestyle as long as you don't scream, burp, and fart it all day.

I actually am pretty good friends with a gay guy who is masculine (and posts here on CD) and you would never know he's gay.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:15 PM

So the very feminine evangelical Tammy Fay Baker is flaunting her hetero-sexuality? When I see her. I think she is a very colorful and charismatic Christian leader. I'm not thinking of having sex with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I've never understood why people bring their sexual preferences out for public scrutiny. I would never openly flaunt my sexual conduct or preferences for public display. nor do I know anyone who would. What you desire in the bedroom should stay in the bedroom. And that applies to all. Hetro, Homo or beastial. JMO on the matter

Last edited by artsyguy; 06-28-2010 at 03:26 PM..

Old 06-28-2010, 03:18 PM

I think people just do not accept homosexuality in general. And that's why you have a huge group of gay man whining and throwing tantrums saying "Why can't effeminate men be more conservative." And what exactly is an effeminate man??? True story. If my straight dad wants to go shopping for trendy fashionable items every weekend and then to see Showboat is that effeminate and should I shun my Dad? lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Actually, it's that part of the straight community who won't accept homosexually as a nature-not-nurture thing that gives the gay community a bad reputation.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:25 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,842,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Dude what's with the obsession with gays?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...gays-poll.html
I know right. This forum seems to be over run by four threads. Obama is evil, Boobs in public, Gays, and Biden is a meanie. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies