Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 12:41 PM

38,617 posts, read 26,274,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Well, it makes a BIG difference when they mess up things like the existence of WMDs when trying to sell a war of choice but you knew that, right? Just feel more comfortable keeping it where it's been swept, under the rug, eh?

YouTube - Democrats before Iraq War started....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 12:43 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,824,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You do realize that some strange people actually hope that she throws her hat into the ring again...right?
Hoping doesnt make her a politician.

I really dont get why you care so much about this so much when you dont seem to care about Obamas misleading statements or flat out lies. He gets a pass but Palin that is NOT a politician. Only gives speeches and appears on the news both of which you can avoid. You are upset with her mistakes when speaking just not Obama.

Old 06-29-2010, 12:46 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,281,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
We live in the United States. Not America.

Only in the United States can a ditz such as Barack Obama get elected when he doesn't know how many States there are.

Only in the United States can a ditz such as Barack Obama get elected Commander-In-Chief and not know how to pronounce Navy Corpsman.

So absurd.
Habeas Chorus!

Old 06-29-2010, 12:54 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,854 posts, read 10,422,059 times
Quote:
Oh my. You had to figure this might happen when Sarah Palin, one-time best governor of Alaska, started pallin' around with those journalist types there at Fox News. Or any of those journalist types there in the lamestream media, you know. The makin' things up and gettin' things confused is dangerously contagious......
Only in America can a ditz such as she, rake in the cash for speaking engagements, when she clearly does not know what she is talking about. So absurd.
Didn't you mean to say, "one-time best governor of Alaska, who never completed her term in office"....?

Actually, I think Palin makes a handy "litmus test" for telling all the conservative folks apart out there. There's the more mainstream types (supporting Romney, Jindal, etc.), and there's also the slightly more "fringe" ones (for Ron Paul, Huckabee, etc.).

But by the time they're down to supporting "Palin", that's like wearing a sign around their neck that says "sorry, I'm a low IQ, racist mouth-breather, will someone please remove me from the gene-pool" (wink-wink)!

Old 06-29-2010, 01:01 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,058,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Hoping doesnt make her a politician.

I really dont get why you care so much about this so much when you dont seem to care about Obamas misleading statements or flat out lies. He gets a pass but Palin that is NOT a politician. Only gives speeches and appears on the news both of which you can avoid. You are upset with her mistakes when speaking just not Obama.
Yep...she's just that damn annoying, obnoxious and repulsive. The Neocons could have put her to better use than having her run for office or campaign for them. She would have been more effective as a torture device. I'd admit to anything just to have her turn off that high pitched voice with those horrid inflections. Maybe if she were not such an attention seeker and we were not subject to having her head pop up on the TV screen when not seeking her out, I wouldn't feel so infringed upon. Believe me, I never purposely tune in to anything Palin. I resent when she is forced upon me via the media. She totally represents the epitome of a portion of this country's fascination with mindlessness and mediocrity. She sets the bar very low for women as an example of what it takes to be considereed successful.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:02 PM

20,893 posts, read 16,037,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
You mean like the county supervisor in Milwaukee who went on and on about how Arizona doesn't even have a border with Mexico??
Yeah. pretty much like that! She is also too stupid to seriously be considered presidential material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound
I'm sure she is a liberal and a democrat. I've heard Republicans say stupid things, but never that stupid.
You must not be paying very close attention.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezy is BACK View Post
Not to mention an embarrassment to the Republican party, and Americans in general. I'll never understand why people continue to defend and support her.

Liberals called Reagan an idiot too.

That's what they do when someone is right on the issues.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:07 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,824,250 times
Quote:
Yep...she's just that damn annoying, obnoxious and repulsive. The Neocons could have put her to better use than having her run for office or campaign for them. She would have been more effective as a torture device. I'd admit to anything just to have her turn off that high pitched voice with those horrid inflections. Maybe if she were not such an attention seeker and we were not subject to having her head pop up on the TV screen when not seeking her out, I wouldn't feel so infringed upon. Believe me, I never purposely tune in to anything Palin. I resent when she is forced upon me via the media. She totally represents the epitome of a portion of this country's fascination with mindlessness and mediocrity. She sets the bar very low for women as an example of what it takes to be considereed successful.
lol So she wins because you are allowing a person that holds no power over you what so ever you get to you like that. I could see if she actually held some sort of office.

You talk about you would do anything to turn her off. Here is a couple suggestions

-Dont start threads about her
-Dont read stories about her
-Dont turn on the tv when shes on. If you do and she appears hit mute or turn the channel.
-Dont go to events she is going to be at.

Guess what you follow those things and the " torture" You experience each time you see or hear her is gone. Its that simple. She isnt forced upon you because you are more then capable of avoiding anything to do with her. You dont because you make the choice to start threads about her, listen to her or read articles about her simply for the soul purpose of you want to insult her. So I cant believe she is causing you all that suffering or you would simply turn the channel.

Dont know but she is a lot more successful then most folks and I am guessing that includes you. Unless you happen to earn 12 million last year. Isnt that what she earned?

I also cant help but laugh you are complaining say she seeks attention yet you start threads giving her attention. Lmbo

Old 06-29-2010, 01:08 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,419,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
These two get more press than most politicians are you kidding me?
Yeah from Huffington Post, Media Matters and Daily KOS.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
Don't be too hard on them, Beck hasn't given them their geography lessons yet.

Are you MSNBC or "others duped"?

MSNBC retracts false Palin story; others duped
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies