Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2010, 01:14 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Illinois?

Isn't that one of the 57 states Obama visited?

I wonder if he had a breathalyser with him?

Nice try.

Originally Posted by Who?Me?!
Only really stupid/racist/ignorant/hate-blinded people would think Obama really thinks there's 57 states. Pushing that button only makes the pusher look stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 01:18 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Hoping doesnt make her a politician.

I really dont get why you care so much about this so much when you dont seem to care about Obamas misleading statements or flat out lies. He gets a pass but Palin that is NOT a politician. Only gives speeches and appears on the news both of which you can avoid. You are upset with her mistakes when speaking just not Obama.
Why are you comparing palin to Obama???

Two totally completely different people in different walks of life (REMEMBER SOMEONE SAID PALIN ISN'T A POLITICIAN)

Palin FAILED and QUIT.

Obama WON

If you can't say anything nice about Palin do you HAVE to compare

her with someone so different?

Old 06-29-2010, 01:23 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,354,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Oh my. You had to figure this might happen when Sarah Palin, one-time best governor of Alaska, started pallin' around with those journalist types there at Fox News. Or any of those journalist types there in the lamestream media, you know. The makin' things up and gettin' things confused is dangerously contagious.

"...this is Reagan country and (applause), YEAH! And perhaps it was destiny that the man who went to California's Eureka College would become so woven within and inter-linked to the Golden State.'' (You can watch it yourself at about minute 4:30 into a rockin', rollin', rollickin' speech.)

Well, as Reagan liked to say, California is the Golden State, and he did become inter-linked with it. And yes, as Reagan also liked to say, he did go to a Eureka College, but it wasn't in California.

No, Eureka College is half a continent away in the flatlands of Illinois. Reagan attended school there from 1928 to 1932. He was the school's top collegiate swimmer, a three-year letterman in football, and appeared in 14 plays. He left after graduation in 1932 to take a job as a sports announcer in Davenport, Iowa, which is closer to California but still a long way from it.

Palin blunders on Reagan's education

Only in America can a ditz such as she, rake in the cash for speaking engagements, when she clearly does not know what she is talking about. So absurd.
This kind of thing in "business as usual" where I work! Uneducated Idiots blather on about "corporate responsibility" and "high ethical standards". . . .but it's all "scripted", and cannot be adapted to "real life" situations, and is justified with flat out lies.. . . .a conditon which has solidified my desire to retire early. . . .43 more days and counting!

Old 06-29-2010, 01:25 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,507 times
Does anyone, repubs included, take SP seriously anymore? She is a fing joke!

Old 06-29-2010, 01:31 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
Does anyone, repubs included, take SP seriously anymore? She is a fing joke!
How much time have you invested in talking to her??

Old 06-29-2010, 01:40 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Palin has as much a chance of running or winning as a snowball in hell. No one is afraid of her for that very reason. The scary element is that there are fringe Americans that look up to such a ditz. We, as a nation are weakened by such a stupid portion of the populace. I, for one, supported Kucinich during the primaries. He was knocked out of the loop by the corporate media. Any guy that had the gonads to introduced 35 articles of impeachmentagainst Bush and Cheney on the floor of the house had my support. In fact, my fantasy debate would be between Kucinich and Palin. He's chew her up and spit her out in a nanosecond. The woman is all rhetoric, nothing she says or does will be worth quoting in history books. She stepped in a pile of dung and got real lucky in raking in the bucks. She is the Paris Hilton of politics.
I will repeat this, why do you care? There will always be people who will follow others for whatever reason. This works both ways, but I don't understand why so many libs seem to spend so much time blasting away. I really don't think the correct word or words would be fringe Americans. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them fringe anything. I might think Kuchinich is a ding bat but I don't spend my time attacking him. There are others I disagree with but name calling and attacking does nothing but lower others opinions of the attacker. By the way, I will add, which I have many times, I do not care for Palin and I probably would not support her.

Nita

Old 06-29-2010, 01:40 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
How much time have you invested in talking to her??
I don't think anyone can actually talk to her.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:44 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Why are you comparing palin to Obama???

Two totally completely different people in different walks of life (REMEMBER SOMEONE SAID PALIN ISN'T A POLITICIAN)

Palin FAILED and QUIT.

Obama WON

If you can't say anything nice about Palin do you HAVE to compare

her with someone so different?
Palin isnt a politician that doesnt mean I cant compare how you all make excuses for Obama doing the same thing you all sit here insulting Palin for doing.

Get back to me in 2012

Question still is when will you or will you ever have Obama be responsible for the things hes done. Cause you seem to want to ignore Obama and do nothing but blame Bush for the exact same things Obama is doing.

When does Obama become responsible for the things that he does

Old 06-29-2010, 01:44 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
I don't think anyone can actually talk to her.
Yes, from your posts I can see you don't think.

However, I will take that as a "no".

That leaves you belittling someone you have never spoken to.

Is Palin perfect?? No.

Who is???

Old 06-29-2010, 01:45 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Yep...she's just that damn annoying, obnoxious and repulsive. The Neocons could have put her to better use than having her run for office or campaign for them. She would have been more effective as a torture device. I'd admit to anything just to have her turn off that high pitched voice with those horrid inflections. Maybe if she were not such an attention seeker and we were not subject to having her head pop up on the TV screen when not seeking her out, I wouldn't feel so infringed upon. Believe me, I never purposely tune in to anything Palin. I resent when she is forced upon me via the media. She totally represents the epitome of a portion of this country's fascination with mindlessness and mediocrity. She sets the bar very low for women as an example of what it takes to be considereed successful.
Why do you say that? Do you listen to her or read what she writes? If you do not then you are judging without knowing and if you do, that's your problem. I wouldn't waste my time. She is not forced upon you unless you sit in front of your TV 12 hours a day. If so, you deserve to be exposed to those you do not agree with or approve of.
Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies