U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 09:00 AM

9,257 posts, read 2,968,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I dont know how many Christians you know, but real evangelical Christians want to win converts. These guys, particularly the video guy who had chosen to wear a, to me, aggressively political T shirt, didnt seem interested in the state of the Muslims' souls.

Do they have a video of themselves talking with Muslims about Christianity, in any venue -- not just outside this festival on this day?

Really? Real evangelical Christians want to win converts? Where did you ever hear that? Who ever told you that? Can you prove that you're not a real evangelical Christian if you don't want to win converts?
He wasn't interested in the Muslim's souls? Who told you that? Where did you see that? Can you prove that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 09:01 AM

35,000 posts, read 21,638,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
It seems that it's impossible to get such a rebuttal from delusional. I hope you brought your boots because you'll be forced to wade through endless spin if you continue to debate with her.
Still waiting to hear how anything Ive posted is spin. I asked you a couple of pages back.

Do you think "spin" means "something I dont want to have to admit is true"?

Old 06-29-2010, 09:02 AM

Quote:
I dont agree that the cops were acting because they were directed to by Sharia law which has been codified into law in the State of Michigan or the City of Dearborn. Nor do I think they were acting because their own Sharia beliefs were personally offended. What do you think?

Why were they acting in such a manner then?

Old 06-29-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Really? Real evangelical Christians want to win converts? Where did you ever hear that? Who ever told you that? Can you prove that you're not a real evangelical Christian if you don't want to win converts?
Are you serious?
Quote:
He wasn't interested in the Muslim's souls? Who told you that? Where did you see that? Can you prove that?
I saw it in the video, RickRoma.

So there arent any videos on those guys' website showing how sincere they are about helping Muslims find the Lord? Besides this video, I mean.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
I dont know how many Christians you know, but real evangelical Christians want to win converts. These guys, particularly the video guy who had chosen to wear a, to me, aggressively political T shirt, didnt seem interested in the state of the Muslims' souls.

Do they have a video of themselves talking with Muslims about Christianity, in any venue -- not just outside this festival on this day?
Quote:
Still waiting to hear how anything Ive posted is spin. I asked you a couple of pages back.

Do you think "spin" means "something I dont want to have to admit is true"?

I would have to think that you'd be dizzy by now from all of that spining. The guy in the video says he's a christian. You ask me how I know he's a christian. I tell you it's in the video. You come back with the above. Just keep spinning.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Are you serious?
I saw it in the video, RickRoma.

So there arent any videos on those guys' website showing how sincere they are about helping Muslims find the Lord? Besides this video, I mean.

Are you serious?

After reading your spin-o-rama way of debating I'd say that's a pretty good question for you to answer.

There may or may not be other videos of them speaking with Muslims. How is that relevant to the OP which shows the police removing them from a public location for passing out literature?

Old 06-29-2010, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Why were they acting in such a manner then?
First... someone else posted something about "the way these guys were treated." Were these guys treated badly? Abused? Roughed up? No, I didnt think so either. And had they been after the camera was turned off, I think they would have mentioned it.

Second... so, you believe the cops were acting because of their own belief in Sharia law, or because they're following Sharia instructions? You know, maybe they werent even real cops, maybe they were Muslins in disguise

Anyway wake me when you've posted the Sharia part of the MI or Dearborn law that backs up your belief.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Are you serious?

After reading your spin-o-rama way of debating I'd say that's a pretty good question for you to answer.

There may or may not be other videos of them speaking with Muslims. How is that relevant to the OP which shows the police removing them from a public location for passing out literature?
Sure, Im serious.

You were claiming they're Christians, not me.

Still waiting to read re how my posts are "spin".

Also which rights Muslins have that the Christian American video guys do not. (Or what rights of the CAs were suspended, or what special rights were granted the Muslins at the exnpense of Christian Americans, or whatever your contention is.)

Old 06-29-2010, 09:19 AM

Quote:
First... someone else posted something about "the way these guys were treated." Were these guys treated badly? Abused? Roughed up? No, I didnt think so either. And had they been after the camera was turned off, I think they would have mentioned it.

Second... so, you believe the cops were acting because of their own belief in Sharia law, or because they're following Sharia instructions? You know, maybe they werent even real cops, maybe they were Muslins in disguise

Anyway wake me when you've posted the Sharia part of the MI or Dearborn law that backs up your belief.

I believe the police acted in a PC manner because they didn't want the Muslims to get butt hurt over someone passing out literature. The police are probably afraid of being labelled racist or whatever so they stick up for the Muslims. It's the exact same thing here when the Brazilian soccer team wins a world cup match. The police allow total chaos and mayhem to occur. However, if Americans did the same when our teams won we would be arrested. I believe that they violated those people's rights in the interest of not upsetting the Muslims. Sharia law, as previously stated, grants rights ro Muslims while denying those same rights to non-Muslims. The manner in which the police acted fits that bill which is why Sharia law was refferenced. Of course there is no legal code in MI ordering the police to follow Sharia law but most reasonable people (IE not you) can see the validity of the refference. Should I go through all of the threads you've started and disect the title literally word for word and try to pick it apart and then spin it until I think I've won?

Old 06-29-2010, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Sure, Im serious.

You were claiming they're Christians, not me.

Still waiting to read re how my posts are "spin".

Also which rights Muslins have that the Christian American video guys do not. (Or what rights of the CAs were suspended, or what special rights were granted the Muslins at the exnpense of Christian Americans, or whatever your contention is.)

You've read how they are spin. The fact that you refuse to acknowledge it is to be expected. Just keep spinning so you'll always think that you never ever lose an argument in your little world.

The muslims were free to hand out info at their festival. The christians were removed for doing the same. The Muslims were granted the right to not get upset by other's beliefs at the expense of violating other people's rights. Are you really so ignorant that you can't see that or are you just arguing here for the sake of it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies