Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 11:05 AM

9,492 posts, read 9,804,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post

It's as simple as that.
That's the problem. When Obama was a candidate, all his followers took for granted all of the education, etc... that he said he had.

What I have learned from this election is that the voters need to demand more info about the candidate who wants to run for this land's highest office, especially one who has very little experience.

Most employers do more research on employees they are hiring than was done on Obama.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:08 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,527,922 times
Actually Obama's records were sealed. Some were sealed and then released after the election.

There have also been questions regarding his year of birth. At one point he had a myspace page and listed his own date of birth as 1957. Later was he was asked about this he stated it was a "typo."

He now lists his date of birth as 1961.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:08 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
I was right. You;re not paying attention. His Kindergarten Records have long been on the Birther list of demanded documentation. WND mentions them all the time.

What makes you think Obama did a Master's thesis? He doesn't even have a Master's Degree. He has a Bachelor's Degree and a JD. Neither (in case you weren't aware) require theses. A person cannot "seal" that which does not exist.

If on the other hand you can come up with a term paper or two he wrote, more power to you. I do have a Master's degree (MBA, so no Thesis either) and I would suggest that no copies of any papers I ever wrote still exist anywhere. But hey... you could get lucky and find one of Obama's in a cardboard box somewhere.

The Harvard Law Review is a public publication. If he wrote anything there that you haven't seen, then that can only be your fault for not looking.

And again... if you personally feel that you haven't seen enough, then withhold your vote.

It's as simple as that.
Not withhold my vote but vote for someone else not so objectionable to me is the way I see it. Again, I didn't want McCain but I really didn't want Obama. I try to affect elections with my vote and not by withholding it.

I am sure that I could find a copy of my thesis although it was written more than 50 years ago and even before computers. I have no desire but am certainly glad to hear that he has no degree from Columbia. No wonder he had to have an influential businessman intercede for him to get into Harvard. Also, I certainly didn't know that those with Phd degrees didn't have to write anything to show their worth.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:10 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,335,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Is there any reason for him not to release them if he has nothing to hide?
I have never worried about the birth certificate because his mother was a US citizen but to find out that nobody has seen any of his other records is very frightening.
What is so frightening? What documents are you concerned about? Do you doubt that he graduated from Harvard Law? Do you doubt that he was editor of the Law Review? What exactly is your problem??

Old 06-29-2010, 11:12 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Lets just cast a vote and hope like heck he is what he says he is. That wont get us in any trouble what so ever. Cause its not like you can take it back before 4 years are up.
Oh... I'm not "hoping." I am very content that I know exactly who he is. He has more than met my personal standards (and all the legal ones as well) required to prove that he is exactly who he says he is. As such, I am comfortable that my vote is cast in an informed and responsible manner.

You (on the other hand) have a rather different set of standards. The long established standards of legal proof are not good enough for you (for whatever reason), so you move the goal posts and plant an entirely new playing field, one encountered by no other presidential candidate in all of American history.

Good for you!! You are a citizen of this great nation and entitled to whatever personal standards you choose when deciding whom to vote for.

Our representative republic is a beautiful thing, is it not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex
Guess you sign the papers to own a house before you actually see the house and check the condition of the house.
Nope. What a silly, silly assumption on your part. Do you actually know people who would do such a thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex
Since thats what you think we should do when electing someone president
Correct me if I'm wrong here... but are you honestly so deluded that you think you are ever going to hold in your hand the actual birth certificate of anybody running for President? Ever?

Bad news... the best you are ever going to get is an image on the Web or a Newspaper, and the account of a reporter who examined it in person. And that's exactly what you've had from Obama for two years now.

Certainly you cannot seriously expect more?

Old 06-29-2010, 11:13 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:

1. The precedent it would set.

2. He has better things to do.

3. It serves no purpose since the only people who want to see them would never vote for him anyway.

4. He want's to keep Birther's frothing because it makes Republicans look like nutjobs.

5. At least some of the "records" on the Birther list never existed in the first place.

There you go... it took me all of what? 45 seconds to come up with 5 other possible reasons.

Dissension? Between who? Right wingers? I certainly have noticed of late that the tea partiers are running screaming from the Birthers. So there you may very well be correct.

As far as I can tell on the other hand, this has caused essentially no dissension among Obama's supporters. So if his handlers saw the current circumstances coming, they must be very good at their work.

Obama is not running in the 2010 elections. And no, there is no chance that we could develop a crisis so serious that the elections could be put off.
Obama's control of the Congress is certainly at jeopardy in the election of 2010 and there are plenty of reasons he could use to hold off elections, even this year. You know that, though, although you don't want to admit it. I really will believe I am voting this fall when I step into the booth.

I guess you didn't think that Napolitano might have been including you in her declaration about veterans being possible terrorists. I did since I was never in favor of how the Vietnam War was prosecuted so maybe I am one of those terrorists.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
That's not the issue, the issue what is he hiding to spend so much money on protecting them. It is an honest question.
No its not an honest question.

For it to be an honest question there would actually have to be a good reason to suspect he has spent any significant sum on hiding anything.

But there isn't. It's just another Birther lie that never dies.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:15 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,527,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
What is so frightening? What documents are you concerned about? Do you doubt that he graduated from Harvard Law? Do you doubt that he was editor of the Law Review? What exactly is your problem??
What does graduating from Harvard and being editor of the law review have to do with documentation of citizenship?

She never questioned his schooling. There are lots of foreigners who attend U.S universities.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The sealing is, in fact, there and will be until he releases these things officially which he won't do for the very reason I have been howling about, the desire to keep us divided as widely as he can. Open your eyes to what is going on. Is Rahm still in the White House? That answers much to me.
I repeat: nothing has been sealed. Please, as I already suggested, go find out what "sealed" means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy
Okay, I want to see his papers because we finally got to see his wife's thesis and many didn't like it. I bet his are at least as bad or worse. He has too many friends and buddies from that rabble rousing, building blowing up, group from the 60s and I just want to see just how deeply he is with them.
Good for you.

I want to marry Halle Berry.

Let's see which of us get's our wish first.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
oooooooooooohhhhhhh a West Point Graduate...ooooooohhhhhhhhhh

I guess in your mind that qualifies you as the authority on the POTUS?
Nope.

But it qualifies me to smack down civilians when they pretend to know something about the military that they do not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies