Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 10:55 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
I don't think any of us claimed Dems have clean hands. I don't agree with everything about the DNC platform but it's certainly a lot better than the alternative.
That is because the alternative is afraid to stand for anything, because that might make them appear too partisan, and besides they really want to be politically correct, while being all things to all people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 10:58 AM

1,496 posts, read 3,384,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinestone View Post
We all agree now that before the 1960s the Democrats had a very poor record on civil rights. So what? This is the 21st century. Let's talk about something relevant.

We all agree slavery was immoral in the 18th and & 19th century, is that somehow irrelevant by virture of time also?

Old 06-30-2010, 10:58 AM

2,414 posts, read 5,399,243 times
Quote:
I don't think any of us claimed Dems have clean hands. I don't agree with everything about the DNC platform but it's certainly a lot better than the alternative.
I'm sorry, but you lost credibility when you claimed that no one grows up to be racist in Brooklyn. Never heard of Bensonhurst?

Old 06-30-2010, 11:00 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,155,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brien51 View Post
We all agree slavery was immoral in the 18th and & 19th century, is that somehow irrelevant by virture of time also?
It's certainly irrelevant in a discussion of which political party supports to poor and disadvantaged.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:
We were taught that when I was in school. We were also taught all political parties have a tendency to evolve over time.
I would be surprised if a current average government school child could tell you when slavery even existed in the US, never mind who perpetuated the Jim Crow laws or who were the Dixiecrats...

Old 06-30-2010, 11:11 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
How do you feel about the fact the last of the dixiecrats all endorsed Republicans (Stromg Thurmond, Jesse Helms, etc)? How do you feel about the fact the last of those who marched for Civil Rights by and large endorsed dems? How do you feel about the fact the modern day white supremicists lean right?
Times change and I'd love to hear someone explain how the old KKK's ideals don't fall more in line with today's than with the left...

The modern democratic party is perfectly consistent with racial hatred. It is thier legacy and practiced today.

1. race as a factor for hiring- affirmitive action
2. considering race as a factor in judicial appointments
3. Allowing the Black Panthers to disrupt federal elections and giving them a "pass" because they are black
4. Fostering anti-semitic racists like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson as well as the Nation of Islam. Thier form of racism is okay, as it is against whites and Jews.

yes........... the heritage of the dems in evaluating people not "by the content of thier character", but "by the color of thier skin" is alive and well among dems.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinestone View Post
It's certainly irrelevant in a discussion of which political party supports to poor and disadvantaged.

You know what is racist and relevant; it is the government created a Welfare system under the LBJ Great Society in 1965 that caged the Blacks in inner cities which forced them into a life of perpetual poverty and generational fatherless families. Before 1960, the Black family was 70% intact and today it is about 33%. The poorest schools are in the inner cities and the drop rate for the Black male is about 70%. The murder rate for the average Black male in the inner city is much higher than it is in rural and suburban America.

So if you can feel good and pat yourself on the back for "saving" the Blacks from the Dixiecrats and Jim Crow laws by your party's evolution, fine by me, but I ain't buying any of that bs.

YouTube - Randy Newman - Rednecks

Randy Newman - Rednecks Lyrics

Last night I saw Lester Maddox on a TV show
With some smart ass New York Jew
And the Jew laughed at Lester Maddox
And the audience laughed at Lester Maddox too

Well, he may be a fool but he's our fool
If they think they're better than him, they're wrong
So I went to the park and I took some paper along
And that's where I made this song

We talk real funny down here
We drink too much and we laugh too loud
We're too dumb to make it no Northern town
We keepin' the ******s down

We got no-necked oilmen from Texas
And good ol' boys from Tennessee
And college men from L.S.U.
Went in dumb, come out dumb too

Hustlin' 'round Atlanta in their alligator shoes
Gettin' drunk every weekend at the barbecues

We're rednecks, we're rednecks
We don't know our ass from a hole in the ground

Now your northern ******'s a Negro
You see, he's got his dignity
Down here we're too ignorant to realize
That the North has set the ****** free

Yes, he's free to be put in a cage in Harlem in New York City
And he's free to be put in a cage
In the South-Side of Chicago, the West-Side
And he's free to be put in a cage in Hough in Cleveland
And he's free to be put in a cage in East St. Louis

And he's free to be put in a cage in Fillmore in San Francisco
And he's free to be put in a cage in Roxbury in Boston
They're gatherin' 'em up from miles around
Keepin' the ******s down

We don't know our ass from a hole in the ground
We are keepin' the ******s down

Old 06-30-2010, 11:19 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,071,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The modern democratic party is perfectly consistent with racial hatred. It is thier legacy and practiced today.

1. race as a factor for hiring- affirmitive action
2. considering race as a factor in judicial appointments
3. Allowing the Black Panthers to disrupt federal elections and giving them a "pass" because they are black
4. Fostering anti-semitic racists like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson as well as the Nation of Islam. Thier form of racism is okay, as it is against whites and Jews.

yes........... the heritage of the dems in evaluating people not "by the content of thier character", but "by the color of thier skin" is alive and well among dems.
Remember, you voted for Obama. Don't blame me.

1. Obama: Affirmative Action Not So "Potent A Force For Racial Progress"
2. One of Obama's appointees has been white, the other latin. Boo hoo
3. Fox News Publishes False "Black Panther" Endorsement Of Obama
4. Jackson and Sharpton haven't been fostered. In fact, Jackson doesn't like Obama. I don't see how Obama's racist when his cabinet has whites and Jews.

And I've reminded you about a dozen times, you voted for Obama, so quit whining.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:19 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,285,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Racists are found in all parties because individuals make up the parties.
Because someone votes and happens to be racist doesn't mean the party is racist either.
I think it might be best to see what a party stands for first and doesn't look to promote or get votes from any voting block or race. If democrats promoting that republicans are racists to get the black vote is this helping blacks or only using them as a tool. I don't think the goal of a government was to promote race and or religion or economic status as a voting tool or propaganda. Being that both parties are only interested in power and expanding government both parties are bad for all people of color, white, black etc and against all individuals.
Excellent! But beware that speaking truth and common sense can bring the indignant wrath of those who would serve to stifle it.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:55 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,667,852 times
As I see it, the people whining the loudest are a relatively small group of older white liberals. These people are incapable of rationalizing or changing; they can't accept that this country has moved well beyond the 1960s regarding race relations; and don't recognize hypocrisy when it slaps them in the face. If any one of these individuals actually knew "Blacks", really knew, it would burst their bubble. To admit an error of judgment would destroy their carefully constructed image of themselves.

These are the types that mostly frequent political forums like this one, using racebaiting techniques and racial politics to the fullest extent. These white liberals express themselves as the caretakers of Blacks, for example, essentially treating Blacks like pets; and devise ways to keep them that way in seriously misguided attempts to "help" those they've deemed helpless and inferior. This white superiority mindset is the essence of racism.

Debating these types is a waste of time, IMO, unless you get entertainment value from it. The people to reach are Blacks in general, but mostly young people of all skin colors. When you use factual and verifiable data to expose white liberal ideology, the logical among these groups get it. They are the future. Most younger people don't read political forums. They get word of mouth liberal soundbites. They must be reached on their turf. This does NOT necessarily mean they should be turned into Repubs either...just sayin'...race politics is so 20th century.

Last edited by scarlet_ohara; 06-30-2010 at 01:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies