Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The Montana GOP says homosexuality should be illegal. Do you agree?
Yes 14 12.28%
No 100 87.72%
Not sure 0 0%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 06:33 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,431,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
No, I don't have you confused with anyone. I will never understand why it so important for some people to control what happens behind closed doors between two consenting adults. I am not gay, but I fully support the rights of other adults of the same gender to have an intimate relationship.

Regardless, I do NOT spend my time thinking about what that intimate relationship might entail, because the details are not at all interesting to me. So, when I read explicit comments about homosexual acts from people who purport to be straight, I have to wonder why that is.
I used to wonder that too. Not anymore: Most Homophobes are Gay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 06:35 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
If you're so confident about your beliefs, why didn't you vote in the poll?

You already know what my vote would be.

Why vote? this OP is making up public polls a lot lately just do people like you and others can use it against them in other postings.

I wont give you the chance that you want, I am wayyy ahead of your and the OP's thinking.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:35 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
So when someone disagrees with you it is hate. You must be an Obama supporter for sure.

No hate at all and no insecurity here, just plain ole knowing I am dead on right and actually have some moral values to know that two men having sex is what I call INSECURITY because maybe they cannot get a decent woman maybe? Now that must be hate to know that you have to dream of having sex male with male knowing that no woman wants you for some reason.

Tell me, what attracts a male sexually to another male? It has to be something.

Just do not hate me for me having moral values and knowing I am right.
Sweetheart, I don't hate you. I feel sorry for you. Two different things. Also, your explanation about being gay due to not getting a decent woman clearly shows your ignorance (willful at that).

When someone disagrees with me, it is not hate. When someone uses the vile language you used and tries to limit my rights, that is hate. See the difference? No? Didn't think you would

Old 06-30-2010, 06:38 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,431,660 times
Quote:
You already know what my vote would be.
I thought you were a Libertarian. Perhaps I'm thinking of someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90
Why vote? this OP is making up public polls a lot lately just do people like you and others can use it against them in other postings.
Cowardice? lol

Old 06-30-2010, 07:04 PM

16 posts, read 8,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
There is nothing in Montana. They don't even have a major city.
Lets hope it stays that way. All those californians need to go elsewhere and stop moving there.Montana is still a great state to live in.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:05 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:

I wont give you the chance that you want, I am wayyy ahead of your and the OP's thinking.
This is an anonymous discussion forum. The idea of someone not voting in a poll because they're afraid of having it "used against them" in other discussions is ludicrous and, I believe, a likely indicator of paranoid personality disorder.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:08 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I'm not dodging anything.

You didn't ask me before if I apply what I believe to be normal or natural to everything in life or if I only apply it to homosexuality.

You were ambiguous and kept repeating, "what is your definition of normal or natural". I told you to go and search the archives if you want to know what my definition is as it pertains to the subject of homosexuality.

This is a discussion forum, I am sticking to the subject of this thread.

If you have questions for me which don't pertain to this thread then send me a direct message. I'm not trolling on this thread nor am I here to entertain trolls.
Ok direct message sent.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:24 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,975 times
Quote:
This OP has been starting tons of new threads with questions just like this and making your vote public so he and the people who think like him can attack those who oppose his and their views.

Already on page one shows the perfect example of questioning someones vote.

This and many others by this poster is only intended to put someone on record so they can use it against you in other post.

Here is my vote, so start your attacks.

Good for Montana!

A marriage is between a man and a woman, not two people who have a chemical issue in their brains that attract two people of the same sex to each other.

I like it when someone calls their little friend "partner".

It makes be want to puke thinking about two diseased, chemical imbalanced, not right goofs wanting to have sex with each other.

Liberal hypocrites anyway.

Does everyone now see the liberals here using the government this and the government that excuses in every thread?

The people VOTED to outlaw two weirdos getting married and what did the loons do? They ran their crying buts to the government trying to overturn the WILL OF THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE.

What we need is a vote on this issue, a federal vote.

Vote to ban it or vote to allow it. Yes or No.

Willing to bet the YES votes to ban and make it illegal would win.
Wow so many things wrong with this post. First off, if you don't want to answer the poll and get "attacked" (as you say) then don't answer it, free country. Second, why is someone questioning someones view on something all of a sudden "attacking someone"? Do you know how debate works? Its when someone says something and if some other person doesn't agree with that they come in and speak their mind. If this concept is too much for you, you may be in the wrong forum. Third, you may also want to think about reading things a little more carefully rather than just assume what the thread is about and going from there. This thread is NOT about outlawing gay marriage (there are already plenty of threads like that) this thread is about the Montana GOP wanting to make homosexuality itself illegal. Not gays getting married, not gays having sex, not gays living together, homosexuality period. If you have any "chemical issue" in your brain even if you have never kissed a man and are single, you as a being are illegal. Get it right, then come back and continue your bigotry.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:29 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
It makes be want to puke thinking about two diseased, chemical imbalanced, not right goofs wanting to have sex with each other.
Thank you for reinforcing my beliefs, and illustrating them with pretty much the same tone that Nazis did in the 1930s. Here it is again...

"I would like to develop a couple of ideas for you on the question of homosexuality. There are those homosexuals who take the view: what I do is my business, a purely private matter. However, all things which take place in the sexual sphere are not the private affair of the individual, but signify the life and death of the nation, signify world power...

...In the SS, today, we still have about one case of homosexuality a month. In a whole year, about eight to ten cases occur in the entire SS. I have now decided upon the following: in each case, these people will naturally be publicly degraded, expelled, and handed over to the courts. Following completion of the punishment imposed by the court, they will be sent, by my order, to a concentration camp, and they will be shot in the concentration camp, while attempting to escape. I will make that known by order to the unit to which the person so infected belonged. Thereby, I hope finally to have done with persons of this type in the SS, and the increasingly healthy blood which we are cultivating for Germany, will be kept pure."
- Heinrich Himmler, Feb 18, 1937

Nazism is alive and well, in principle, right here in America.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:33 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,053,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Wow so many things wrong with this post. First off, if you don't want to answer the poll and get "attacked" (as you say) then don't answer it, free country. Second, why is someone questioning someones view on something all of a sudden "attacking someone"? Do you know how debate works? Its when someone says something and if some other person doesn't agree with that they come in and speak their mind. If this concept is too much for you, you may be in the wrong forum. Third, you may also want to think about reading things a little more carefully rather than just assume what the thread is about and going from there. This thread is NOT about outlawing gay marriage (there are already plenty of threads like that) this thread is about the Montana GOP wanting to make homosexuality itself illegal. Not gays getting married, not gays having sex, not gays living together, homosexuality period. If you have any "chemical issue" in your brain even if you have never kissed a man and are single, you as a being are illegal. Get it right, then come back and continue your bigotry.
I think you have it wrong, too. In 1997, the Montana Supreme Court overturned the state sodomy laws. The Montana GOP has added a statement to its 2010 platform it supports the will of the people of Montana to outlaw homosexual acts regardless of the Supreme Court decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies