Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 03:39 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,579,134 times

Advertisements

I like sizzling meat on the grill. Wild, huh? Anybody? Now, we all know ol' Nuge isn't by any stretch of the imagination a weirdo when it comes to an omnivorous diet.

Especially here in the great Republic of Texas, a smiling, drooling preference for succulent, protein-rich, nutritious backstrap over aromatic mesquite coals is as American and natural and right as Mom, apple pie and the flag. It's beautiful, really.

But a culture war rages against such universal, self-evident truths. It would be laughable if it were not so deranged. Some weirdos actually are on a crusade to outlaw the consumption of flesh.

I have musical touring associates who have been fired from their jobs with ex-Beatle Paul McCartney for sneaking a hamburger.

You heard that right. Fired for eating meat by an animal-rights maniac, hard-core vegan bass player.

The entire agenda of the gazillion-dollar-financed joke known as PETA literally is dedicated to outlawing meat.

Neither I, nor any hunter or meat eater on the planet, has any desire whatsoever to influence any vegetarian's choice of diet or to force them to eat meat. We are the friendly, tolerant Americans.

This is but one of many issues that represent the line drawn in the sand between liberals and conservatives.

Ted Nugent: 'Live and let live' foreign idea to left (http://www.wacotrib.com/opin/content/news/opinion/stories/nugent/06172007_wac_nugent.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 04:05 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,397,386 times
Ted, you need to get out of that stranglehold, baby !

Just Kidding !!!

Look what happened to Oprah for mentioning she wouldn't eat anymore hamburgers. Not sure on this but, wasn't it those big Texas cattle ranchers that hauled her into court ? Friendly, tolerant, I don't think so.
In my opinion, the meat trade today is motivated by greed and profit and is based on cruelty.

Old 06-20-2007, 04:17 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,819,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
Ted, you need to get out of that stranglehold, baby !

Just Kidding !!!

Look what happened to Oprah for mentioning she wouldn't eat anymore hamburgers. Not sure on this but, wasn't it those big Texas cattle ranchers that hauled her into court ? Friendly, tolerant, I don't think so.
In my opinion, the meat trade today is motivated by greed and profit and is based on cruelty.
I think the meat trade is based on people liking the taste of cows!

Old 06-20-2007, 04:20 PM

1,712 posts, read 4,232,279 times
I am a carnivore!

Old 06-20-2007, 04:42 PM

739 posts, read 830,178 times
DC, that's the first thing you and I agree on!! A big 'ole porterhouse steak and a glass of good red wine or a good beer. Amen! And I have to admit, I have perfected the cooking of steak on an old-fashioned charcoal grill!

Or a big cheeseburger will do in a pinch!

And raising cows to eat isn't cruel - get over it people.

BTW, I got invited by Ted's daughter to go hunting with the Gonzo wildman himself in Michigan - I may just have to take them up on that. Talk about an experience!

Old 06-20-2007, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhead_Broker View Post
DC, that's the first thing you and I agree on!! A big 'ole porterhouse steak and a glass of good red wine or a good beer. Amen! And I have to admit, I have perfected the cooking of steak on an old-fashioned charcoal grill!

Or a big cheeseburger will do in a pinch!

And raising cows to eat isn't cruel - get over it people.

BTW, I got invited by Ted's daughter to go hunting with the Gonzo wildman himself in Michigan - I may just have to take them up on that. Talk about an experience!
What do you mean, ( may just have to take them up on that)!! Grab your gun and run man, and dont keep uncle Ted waiting!!

Old 06-20-2007, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
What do you mean, ( may just have to take them up on that)!! Grab your gun and run man, and dont keep uncle Ted waiting!!

I know. One of the first concerts I went to was Steady Teddy's. I still like to hear a little Great White Buffalo!

Old 06-20-2007, 05:28 PM

1,135 posts, read 3,981,395 times
Quote:
I know. One of the first concerts I went to was Steady Teddy's. I still like to hear a little Great White Buffalo!
Imagine that !! I watched Teds version of GWB in Germany, '77
just last nite !!! Has to be one of the most fearsome A- Z's of
raw, *****kicking guitarwork since the dawn of the Industrial Age !!

Im a veggie but by the time Derek St. Holmes starts to solo
I wanna run out in my back yard, grab a Moose by his rack
and gnaw on him, raw !!

Old 06-20-2007, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoZmiC NinJa View Post
Imagine that !! I watched Teds version of GWB in Germany, '77
just last nite !!! Has to be one of the most fearsome A- Z's of
raw, *****kicking guitarwork since the dawn of the Industrial Age !!

Im a veggie but by the time Derek St. Holmes starts to solo
I wanna run out in my back yard, grab a Moose by his rack
and gnaw on him, raw !!
Easy Kozmo! I know the sizzling guitar riffs of Derek St.H will do that you ya'
How about a hot dog instead?

Old 06-20-2007, 05:33 PM

Quote:
1974, gold creek dome woodinville washington, now a (tennis club), My very first concert,I was 14 "what were my parents thinking".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies