U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-03-2010, 07:23 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
60,081 posts, read 30,599,526 times
Reputation: 12815

Advertisements

Why does the Federal Government not tell the whole truth?
What are they trying to hide?
Is it because they have no way to determine who is still unemployed, but are no longer eligible for unemployment benefits.

9.5% is what they can count. The percentage of people receiving unemployment... What about those that are no longer on the records, yet still unemployed?

If we calculated unemployment like they did during the 1933 Depression, we would be well over 20% nationally, with pockets regionally of over 50% unemployment.

Why can they not tell the truth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-03-2010, 07:26 AM
 
Location: Tampa Florida
22,243 posts, read 14,734,919 times
Reputation: 4583
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Why does the Federal Government not tell the whole truth?
What are they trying to hide?
Is it because they have no way to determine who is still unemployed, but are no longer eligible for unemployment benefits.

9.5% is what they can count. The percentage of people receiving unemployment... What about those that are no longer on the records, yet still unemployed?

If we calculated unemployment like they did during the 1933 Depression, we would be well over 20% nationally, with pockets regionally of over 50% unemployment.

Why can they not tell the truth?
They have been computing the UE rate the same way since, I believe, 1948. It is just one of the many measures of the economy, that are reported.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2010, 07:39 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
60,081 posts, read 30,599,526 times
Reputation: 12815
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
They have been computing the UE rate the same way since, I believe, 1948. It is just one of the many measures of the economy, that are reported.

When the job loss numbers come in, it is people filing for unemployment. What about all the people the work as subcontract, that cannot file for unemployment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2010, 07:41 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Well - they're gearing up for a massive amnesty so they have to make it appear that unemployment is going down. How else can they justify the millions of illegals they want to hand quick and easy citizenship to so they can take jobs Americans want?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2010, 07:54 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
60,081 posts, read 30,599,526 times
Reputation: 12815
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well - they're gearing up for a massive amnesty so they have to make it appear that unemployment is going down. How else can they justify the millions of illegals they want to hand quick and easy citizenship to so they can take jobs Americans want?


Are they seriously wanting to force the citizens to revolt?
Is this their Master Plan, to totalitarian utopia?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2010, 08:00 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 69,881,813 times
Reputation: 27519
Add 145K mythical new jobs and drop 650K from the rolls and voila...WE'RE RECOVERING !!!!

Folks don't realize..the BLS adjusts the birth/death model for the ACTUAL new jobs created in January for the preceeding 12 months. Take a look at Jan 2010 and you'll see that the BLS overestimated how many new jobs really got created in 2009...they were off by over 2 million jobs that did NOT get created.
The BLS has overly optimistic models..just like the CBO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2010, 02:33 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
60,081 posts, read 30,599,526 times
Reputation: 12815
That may have worked before people had an information highway.

Why do they lie now and think we the peasants will believe them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2010, 03:05 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 69,881,813 times
Reputation: 27519
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
That may have worked before people had an information highway.

Why do they lie now and think we the peasants will believe them?
Because the majority of people do believe them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2010, 05:48 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
60,081 posts, read 30,599,526 times
Reputation: 12815
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Because the majority of people do believe them.


But it is not the whole truth of the matter.

What have they got to hide?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2010, 11:07 PM
 
Location: Long Island (chief in S Farmingdale)
18,686 posts, read 14,808,155 times
Reputation: 3841
Let me guess, you did not complain about this during the Bush administration now did you???

Unemployment has been counted the same way for decades....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top