Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2010, 07:25 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
I'm just saying at least for me I could care less if the "hearsay" is true or not. The guy is obviously smart and capable, even according to the Republicans in Congress, despite what a couple of our more politically challenged CD friends may say to the contrary.
Got it......and I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2010, 07:25 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I think he is. The man is disgraceful.

He's not a war criminal like his predecessor.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:29 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
An OPINION piece written by Fox in not fact or unbiased. It's OPINION, right-wing spin. Why not post a link to the entire debate between Palin and Biden so we can all judge for ourselves who is the more intelligent debater?---no creative editing by Fox, included.
Shouldn't be hard to find the debate transcript. Give it a whirl and then notice the italicized portion in the linked article is the same from the transcript.

Is it opinion to say that biden got the Article of the Constitution WRONG? NO

Is it opinion that he didn't know the function of the VP? NO

Based on HIS words and what is actually in the Constitution, he got it ALL wrong.

That's not opinion, that's Fact.

If you scroll down, he got a lot more than that wrong.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:30 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Except, there are no charges, evidence, trial or judgment.

Wishful thinking that will NEVER, EVER, EVER happen.

Quote:
The guy is obviously smart and capable
I guess you haven't read his remarks in the debate either, else you would know he's nothing but a clueless blowhard.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:44 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I guess you haven't read his remarks in the debate either, else you would know he's nothing but a clueless blowhard.
You do know McCain respects him as a friend and formidable opponent right?

Other than a gaffe in the VP debate...( which let's face it, at least he was answering the moderator's questions.....) I would still like to get a concrete idea of why you or anyone else consider him incompetent. Other than of course him being an "icky" Democrat.

The challenge here is you have to provide facts. Not "hearsay"or "personal opinion".

Can you or anybody do that.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:52 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,517,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I did read it. Joe Biden is not a teetotaler. I know someone who saw him drunk on his behind. His wife likes to drink as well.
wow, don't bite my head off, just posted a link to read. I have said nothing negative about any of the posts or posters here.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:54 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
wow, don't bite my head off, just posted a link to read. I have said nothing negative about any of the posts or posters here.
I did not mean for you to perceive that I bit your head off. My apologies to you if that is how you read my response.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:54 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Wow.

I'm not sure I could explain the difference between Connecticut and Delaware. I'm a little bit nervous that I would have to. I will note Connecticut has the lowest incidence of teenage pregnancy, the highest high school graduation rate and one of the highest percentages of college graduates in the country. Not bad for a state you call 'pissant' and full of 'really dumb voters'
Just yanking your chain. It appears to be easily yankable.

Quote:
I guess to some any state that isn't full of lower middle class republicans voting against their own economic interest because they are scared of boys kissing is full of 'really dumb voters.'
Whatever that means. Connecticut is hardly a case study in political perspicacity, seeing how Joe Lieberman tied them in knots and left the Dems twisting in mpoent rage a few years after they nominated him for veep, and Delaware is owned by the DuPonts, purveyors of chemical warfare among other gifts to humanity. But do go on.

Quote:
On Biden: He's probably the most knowledgeable and gifted VP's we've had in the area of foreign policy. He participates in the administration to a much larger degree than most previous vice presidents and provides excellent counsel to the president and participates in decision making.
If he's so knowledgeable, why are we still in Iraq, escalating Vietnam II in Afghanistan, and running Gitmo? Seems to me Joe's participation is about equal to Hubert Humphrey's...

Quote:
He actually was my first choice for president. I think anyone who bothered to learn about him instead of just reading the media sound bites would agree... I'm afraid some just dislike any politician who's not a right wing ideologue carrying the water of the Christian right.
So you prefer left-wing idealogues carrying the water of the SEIU and the military-industrial complex. Suit yourself. It's all academic, anyway. In 2012, Joe is history and Hillary is anointed Big O's successor....

Old 07-03-2010, 07:55 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
He seems loathe to oppose the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, though.

Guess that makes him a humanitarian.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:56 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
lol. Got this from a friend.

YouTube - The Drunk: Joe Biden drunk singing gaffe Obama vice president
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies