Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 05:12 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,067,952 times

Advertisements

Mosque proposal draws protest in Tenn. - USATODAY.com

Quote:
"Some opponents have said that Islam is a political movement, not a religion, and that the mosque could also be used as a training center for terrorists.

"Most people don't understand what they are dealing with," said Rutherford County resident Bob Hayes, who was among the speakers to voice opposition before the county commission last month. "You are dealing with a terrorist organization. They want to rule the world."

Glad to see some people's true colors are finally shining through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2010, 05:20 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,120 times
yet if the same Muslims donated 50 billion to the town, the nay sayers would be singing a different tune on their ol banjos....

Old 07-03-2010, 05:20 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,442 times
It's tough for people when they're scared. I wish there was a way we could help them; it must be terrible to live with so many fears and insecurities of what is different

Old 07-03-2010, 05:23 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adric View Post
Mosque proposal draws protest in Tenn. - USATODAY.com

Glad to see some people's true colors are finally shining through.

I would ban the building of any mosques in the US at this point. I do not suffer from the afflictions that are created through political correctness and can still think rationally.

Islam is a religion of subjugation and violence. It's basic tenents are in direct opposition to a free society.

Ban Mosques? Yes.

Now for the liberal, irrational PC assault. Keep in mind that the same people who inhabit these mosques would have the liberals hanging from the street lamps as thier very first victims if they were able.

Old 07-03-2010, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I would ban the building of any mosques in the US at this point. I do not suffer from the afflictions that are created through political correctness and can still think rationally.

Islam is a religion of subjugation and violence. It's basic tenents are in direct opposition to a free society.

Ban Mosques? Yes.

Now for the liberal, irrational PC assault. Keep in mind that the same people who inhabit these mosques would have the liberals hanging from the street lamps as thier very first victims if they were able.
Here's where I misunderstand. I've several friends who are Muslim and they are wonderful people. Family oriented, friendly, and I know from personal experience they would give someone in need the shirts from the backs. They've never tried to convert me or anyone else and I've never heard or seen violence from them.

I'm certainly not saying that all muslims are like this, but it seems they are people like anyone else. There are good, there are bad, and there are in between.

Old 07-03-2010, 05:27 PM

45,230 posts, read 26,431,296 times
You all act as though there is no basis in reality for people to be concerned.
Mosques serve many functions within the Muslim community, not always innocent or peaceful.

Islam: Making a True Difference in the World - One Body at a Time

Old 07-03-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
You all act as though there is no basis in reality for people to be concerned.
Mosques serve many functions within the Muslim community, not always innocent or peaceful.

Islam: Making a True Difference in the World - One Body at a Time
Many types of groups and religions have a not so innocent or peaceful intent within certain sects or factions. Should we just not allow any type of assembly then?

Old 07-03-2010, 05:34 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,067,952 times
Ha! I spelled residents with a U in the title. Whoops.

Well if we ban mosques then let's ban churches too. I mean, why not? Most priests these days just want to rape little boys anyway. In fact, let's just ammend the constitution and do away with freedom of religion altogether. Everyone is required to be southern baptist now.

Old 07-03-2010, 05:34 PM

45,230 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
Many types of groups and religions have a not so innocent or peaceful intent within certain sects or factions. Should we just not allow any type of assembly then?
I said the people have a right to be concerned.
Do you not agree?

I am agnostic.

Old 07-03-2010, 05:36 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
if muslims distanced themselves from terrorists prejudice would evaporate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies