Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 10:41 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times

Advertisements

Where is the CPS? She should be chraged for putting her baby on harm's way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2010, 10:49 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Another case of deep pockets mentality. Starbucks is rich and therefore can afford to pay out a nice settlement. Just like the Mcdonalds case. Who would ever think that a hot beverage would actually be hot?
Sad but no doubt about it a jury will award in her favor.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:52 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BX-ALBO View Post
Probably a welfare thief. they are the most likely to pull these stunts. free housing, food and healthcare aint enough. they just wait for the right opportunity, wouldnt be suprised if she intentionally spilled it on her son.
How droll.
Not in evidence and used for emotional response only.

Old 07-04-2010, 06:08 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,653,909 times
Have you ever picked up something very hot and burnt your hand because a child was near and you KNEW you could not let it go?
I have, you will always go down for the child, she just let go without thinking. She must be very young.

Old 07-04-2010, 08:46 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
I call BS to her.

Okay, then I sue some merchant for selling me an ICE cold beverage without exterior protection and I'll claim that I got frostbite.
and I want to sue the bar I went to the other night, the straight shot I ordered was stronger booze than I realized and it burnt my throat when I shallowed the fifth one.

Old 07-04-2010, 08:52 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times
Why the hell would you even attempt to hold a cup of hot tea OVER your child!!!! This woman is a stupid idiot!!!! You ALWAYS hold it AWAY not over. Ugh parents like this **** me off to no end!

Old 07-04-2010, 08:56 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,579,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Have you ever picked up something very hot and burnt your hand because a child was near and you KNEW you could not let it go?
I have, you will always go down for the child, she just let go without thinking. She must be very young.
My friend, IMO I think she let it happen (preplanned as cruel as it sounds) so to attempt to use this innocent child as a cash cow. It's much like when some women get an ooops pregnant so to use that child(ren) as child sup.......I mean mommy annuity payment$ for 18 plus years and with some using the government welfare system as well.

Have a great 4th!

Old 07-04-2010, 09:05 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,246,823 times
There will always be someone looking for an easy buck. Common sense isn't so common, and I hope that baby is okay. Burns hurt more than anything. It's a horrible pain as I once ran smack into my dad when he had a cup of hot coffee. It went all over my face and it was the worst pain I've ever experienced. What's more, I had a 7 month old neice who died after scalding water splattered on her legs. She died. The burns can be that bad, especially for one that young.

I hope they throw this case out of court. It isn't Starbuck's responsibility to ensure everyone's inteligence or common sense. It was an accident and the woman needs to take responsibility for her mistake.

Old 07-04-2010, 09:13 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,579,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
There will always be someone looking for an easy buck. Common sense isn't so common, and I hope that baby is okay. Burns hurt more than anything. It's a horrible pain as I once ran smack into my dad when he had a cup of hot coffee. It went all over my face and it was the worst pain I've ever experienced. What's more, I had a 7 month old neice who died after scalding water splattered on her legs. She died. The burns can be that bad, especially for one that young.

I hope they throw this case out of court. It isn't Starbuck's responsibility to ensure everyone's inteligence or common sense. It was an accident and the woman needs to take responsibility for her mistake.
Yes two words that are practically extinct with too many in this country as well as the lack of being ACCOUNTABLE.

Sad really.

Not only I hope they throw this case out but that she also has to pay and pay mightily!

Old 07-04-2010, 09:27 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,193,585 times
There is a woman here in Phoenix suing the police for millions because of her son's death from a car accident. Accident was during a police pursuit. Police pursuit was because of home invasion they had just committed.

She has no shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies