Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you be in favor of an injection to keep babies from being born gay?
Yes 15 16.30%
No 59 64.13%
It would be against the Will of God to tamper with his Creation 11 11.96%
babies are not born gay. It is a choice they make. 16 17.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 04:50 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,469,320 times

Advertisements

I voted no because I'm not interested in manipulating a baby's genetics for the sake of 'social behavioral norms' - some of which I don't agree with anyway. I will love my son/daughter no matter his/her sexual orientation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 04:51 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,689,590 times
That seems borderline eugenic.

Actually scratch that, it pretty much is eugenics. And apparently 6 users on this site are Nazis.

Old 07-04-2010, 04:54 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,194,111 times
Quote:
Ceece;14898091]Why would YOU be offended because HE wouldn't choose not to be left handed?
No, he was speaking as if there is something wrong with being a lefty that we need to be treated. Being left handed is not that big of a deal other than in Muslim countries maybe. My family have tease me a little about being a left hand writer, but it definitely doesn't compare to someone coming out as being homosexual or bi.

Last edited by Chicagoland60426; 07-04-2010 at 05:07 PM..

Old 07-04-2010, 04:58 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,949,771 times
I voted that it would be against the will of God. Yes, I believe in God; horrible isn't it? But, I would also vote simply "no."

I also agree with folks like AnUnidentifiableMale that it would most assuredly make the newborn's life easier over the course of his/her life.

I don't think people choose to be gay. I firmly believe that it is something they are born with. My opinion may change over the course of my life, but this is what I currently believe and have believed for some time.

Before that? I really didn't have much of an opinion - pretty ignorant on gays in general.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:08 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,311 times
*chuckle*

I like that the poll lists names. You people voting are simply being targeted for this agenda.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:09 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,205,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
I voted that it would be against the will of God. Yes, I believe in God; horrible isn't it? But, I would also vote simply "no."
First, god doesn't exist. Or at least, if he does, he sure as hell isn't anything like you think he is.

Secondly, if god did exist, why would he make gay people? Doesn't god hate gay people? Doesn't he believe in basically suppressing or correcting homosexual behavior? Sounds like corrective hormone manipulation would be something god would support.

Quote:
I also agree with folks like AnUnidentifiableMale that it would most assuredly make the newborn's life easier over the course of his/her life.
It would make all of our lives better/easier. Nothing against homosexuals, but homosexuality does not benefit humanity in any real way. It has done nothing but cause problems for thousands of years.

Quote:
I don't think people choose to be gay. I firmly believe that it is something they are born with. My opinion may change over the course of my life, but this is what I currently believe and have believed for some time.
You are right, obviously you are sort of ignorant to the whole process of human sexual behavior. But, the propensity to homosexual behavior is locked in from hormones during development in-utero. If you could change hormone levels in-utero, basically all homosexuality could be eliminated(outside of maybe a few man-hating women).

Old 07-04-2010, 05:12 PM

How has homosexuality caused problems for thousands of years?

Old 07-04-2010, 05:17 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,847,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
It Hasn't caused any problem up intill the past 2 Centuries.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:38 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,205,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Lets see. I am pretty sure religion has caused most homosexuals to go into hiding. Or are forced to marry women and even have children with women who they aren't even attracted to, living in an unhappy and unfulfilling relationships. Others were downright killed off as being the work of the devil.

The split over whether or not homosexuals should be allowed in the military? On submarines? Should we have a homosexual president?

What about public restrooms. We have traditionally broken up restrooms into women and men. Why? Because it seems improper for women and men to be sharing the same restroom, where they might see each others stuff.

Should gay men go in the men's restroom or the women's restroom? What about lesbians? What about gay adoption? What about the inability for homosexuals to conceive?

There are a million problems with homosexuality. And the problems of homosexuality have been a common problem among all civiliations since the beginning of history. If you could eliminate homosexuality, it would be a good thing. I don't understand how anyone would argue against it.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Lets see. I am pretty sure religion has caused most homosexuals to go into hiding. Or are forced to marry women and even have children with women who they aren't even attracted to, living in an unhappy and unfulfilling relationships. Others were downright killed off as being the work of the devil.

The split over whether or not homosexuals should be allowed in the military? On submarines? Should we have a homosexual president?

What about public restrooms. We have traditionally broken up restrooms into women and men. Why? Because it seems improper for women and men to be sharing the same restroom, where they might see each others stuff.

Should gay men go in the men's restroom or the women's restroom? What about lesbians? What about gay adoption? What about the inability for homosexuals to conceive?

There are a million problems with homosexuality. And the problems of homosexuality have been a common problem among all civiliations since the beginning of history. If you could eliminate homosexuality, it would be a good thing. I don't understand how anyone would argue against it.
That first line makes it seem like the problem is a fun thing called religion, not homosexuality.

Gays are already in the military and probably in submarines. They just don't declare that they're gay. Same with restrooms.

These sound less like awful problems and more like minor nuisances that can be solved with social progression.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies