Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you be in favor of an injection to keep babies from being born gay?
Yes 15 16.30%
No 59 64.13%
It would be against the Will of God to tamper with his Creation 11 11.96%
babies are not born gay. It is a choice they make. 16 17.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 06:18 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,603 times

Advertisements

No,
My son has taught me more than I've taught him about human compassion.
I honestly feel privileged just to know him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 06:21 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If you could get an injection that would decrease the lieklihood of your child being born gay, would you do it?

Is homosexuality genetic? Are babies born gay?

A lot of food for thought in this article from the L.A. Times.

Preventing homosexuality in utero: Could we? Would we? Should we? | Booster Shots | Los Angeles Times

good grief
this is really,really dumb!
how about loving them as they are??

Old 07-04-2010, 06:25 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
That first line makes it seem like the problem is a fun thing called religion, not homosexuality.
First, religion isn't going away. And secondly, why does religion hate homosexuality to start with? If religion was "made up" by men to maintain order in a society, then why were these men so fixated with eliminating homosexuality, unless homosexuality was an item of contention and division in society(just as it is now). If homosexuality was seen as a good or even a neutral thing, then homosexuality wouldn't be seen by religions as being evil, and the works of satan.

Quote:
Gays are already in the military and probably in submarines. They just don't declare that they're gay. Same with restrooms.
True true, but most actual military officials usually see integration of homosexuals as being a bad thing. Civilians, such as the secretary of the Army/Navy, the president, and most of congress don't understand anything about why unit cohesion can be negatively effected by these kinds of distractions. And they are led around on an emotional crusade by the whims of more ignorant civilians(the majority of voters) who know nothing about how the military actually works.

I would also say that women in the military is also a bad thing.

Sexual assault in military 'jaw-dropping,' lawmaker says - CNN.com

"A congresswoman said Thursday that her "jaw dropped" when military doctors told her that four in 10 women at a veterans hospital reported being sexually assaulted while in the military."

You stupid emotional people keep wanting to ignore natural human tendencies and behaviors because you are on some idealistic war for equality. But you are wishing for something that cannot exist in our imperfect world.

Quote:
These sound less like awful problems and more like minor nuisances that can be solved with social progression.
They are nuisances. But they are not nuisances that just disappear. They will never disappear. Racism is another nuisance. When is it going to die? NEVER.

Why Few People Are Devoid Of Racial Bias

"What is remarkable about the findings is that only seven percent did not show any racial bias."

Basically, someone will not start liking the taste of onions just because you tell them its good for them. They may be able to tolerate it if they have to, but they still don't like onions.

Old 07-05-2010, 05:07 AM

1,461 posts, read 1,529,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
You are a fool. No one is advocating genocide or extermination. They are advocating correcting a genetic abnormality.
I see you are comfortable in your prejudice and ignorance. It is eugenics all over again. Who would be next, African Americans?

Old 07-05-2010, 06:42 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Here's a really wild theory: suppose babies are actually born without sexuality, and develop it over the course of their maturation? (I know, I know; I'll get raked over the coals for this. But then, Galileo didn't have an easy time when he suggested that the Sun didn't revolve around the Earth!)

Old 07-05-2010, 07:47 AM

3,071 posts, read 9,140,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Where did you learn that? Neanderthal University?
Scientific medical studies.A fact son.....Next thing someone will tell me is it is natural......Its a mental defect and people dont make the choice.Are you in denial?

Old 07-05-2010, 08:29 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:

There are a million problems with homosexuality. And the problems of homosexuality have been a common problem among all civiliations since the beginning of history. If you could eliminate homosexuality, it would be a good thing. I don't understand how anyone would argue against it.
I see religious zealotry and intolerance of difference causing the problems, not homosexuality.

It's lucky someone didn't wipe out Alexander the Great otherwise we may not know what democracy is.

Or Plato or Leonardo da Vinci, or Michaelangelo and many other homosexuals who have enriched human culture.

Without diversity, populations stagnate.

I see gay people adding to the richness of human life with a different way of thinking/feeling to straight people.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:49 AM

Quote:
You are a fool. No one is advocating genocide or extermination. They are advocating correcting a genetic abnormality.
A high IQ is a genetic abnormality. Would you want to "correct" that too?

Perhaps there is a benefical bioevolutionary reason that there has always been a small minority of homosexuals born throughout human history.

Why do you assume it's a "bad" thing?

Old 07-05-2010, 09:01 AM

2,347 posts, read 2,784,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Scientific medical studies.A fact son.....Next thing someone will tell me is it is natural......Its a mental defect and people dont make the choice.Are you in denial?

Where were these studies done?

Glenn Beck University...?

Old 07-05-2010, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
What "scientific medical studies" are you referring to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies