Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 09:33 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,497,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Now that kind of talk is just unamerican.
American has a CAPITAL "A," and don't forget it, especially on the Fourth of July. For God's sake, even though our broken and corrupt government has whored out most of our nation's commerce and dignity, at least have some semblance of pride.

The tide is turning....2012 will prove to be a great year in our nation's history...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 09:37 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,325,406 times
The voters for sure. They fell for his lies hook, line, and sinker. The smarter (or less dumb ones) now realize their mistake and no longer support O-man, but there's still a good many that believe in the false hope and (lack of) change.

Old 07-04-2010, 09:39 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GALiberal View Post
Bush failed at everything he did and had to continuously fall back on his family name to get by in life.
Nonsense. He was a successful businessman, a successful governor and president.

Look at all he accomplished while president.

Old 07-04-2010, 09:40 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
American has a CAPITAL "A," and don't forget it, especially on the Fourth of July. For God's sake, even though our broken and corrupt government has whored out most of our nation's commerce and dignity, at least have some semblance of pride.

The tide is turning....2012 will prove to be a great year in our nation's history...
Marksman84 !!! ... Agreed !

Yes indeed ... 2012 will be a great year and perhaps this nations very last opportunity to save itself from the very brink of total collapse !

We must not falter nor fail in our dedicated efforts to save America's House ! Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 07-04-2010, 09:45 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,548,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Thanks. I needed a laugh.

Old 07-04-2010, 09:46 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,238,533 times
Quote:

Bush and Obama are both terrible.

Old 07-04-2010, 10:42 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
I sure don't recall Palin or McCain talking about how they would change the world by their very presence.

I mean really, what kind of person would actually believe this?

"this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal".

What kind of person?
True. McCain and Palin were just promising to "take back the country" from someone. I'm not sure who.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:05 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Considering that better-educated people voted more for Obama than for McCain, I don't think it's right to call Obama voters "morons".

Oh, wait, I forgot. A significant portion of the Republican Party looks at college professors and higher education as the enemy. Now it makes sense.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:20 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Considering that better-educated people voted more for Obama than for McCain, I don't think it's right to call Obama voters "morons".
OMG. After all the videos we have seen of the typical obama voter, who knows basically nothing about the issues, you can actually say that?

It is clear the least intelligent are obama voters, who have now smartened up a bit as they realize just how fooled they really were, believing all those ridiculous cliches and platitudes, all that overblown rhetoric and messiah worship.

"this is the moment when the oceans begin to slow and the planet begins to heal".

Obama voters just nodded their heads in unison, smiled, cried, sighed, fainted and repeated the ohm mantra, "yes we can".

Clearly, this kind of person is easily led around by the nose, which is a sure fire way to determine their intelligence.

I mean really, how many of his supporters on this board believed that spiel?

When I heard that and saw the reaction of his supporters, I threw up a bit in my mouth.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:27 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:

And just what did he accomplish?

And if he was so great, why was he so ridiculously unpopular across the board by the end of his reign (let me guess: was it all the liberal media's fault)?

I see you were one of the final 22% who thought he did a bang-up job. What does that say about you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies