Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2010, 01:03 AM

3,197 posts, read 2,851,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Your mom said to go to bed. Stop posting or I will have to call her. Trust me-you do not want that.
My mom is asleep. Whose the dumb one now, Mr. I can't understand sarcasm.

[/end thread]

Old 07-05-2010, 01:05 AM

15,586 posts, read 27,597,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
My mom is asleep. Whose the dumb one now, Mr. I can't understand sarcasm...
She sure is. I wore her out last night. Do not make me wake her up again. If I do you will not be able to sleep.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
She sure is. I wore her out last night. Do not make me wake her up again. If I do you will not be able to sleep.
Wow how old are you, like 12? Up until this point you were just insulting, but not really all that childish, but that comment, I don't even know what to say. Weren't you calling ME a troll earlier? Wow is all I have to say.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:08 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Do foods have over 4000 chemicals in it which include:

Ammonia: Household cleaner
Angelica root extract: Known to cause cancer in animals
Arsenic: Used in rat poisons
Benzene: Used in making dyes, synthetic rubber
Butane: Gas; used in lighter fluid
Carbon monoxide: Poisonous gas
Cadmium: Used in batteries
Cyanide: Deadly poison
DDT: A banned insecticide
Ethyl Furoate: Causes liver damage in animals
Lead: Poisonous in high doses
Formaldehiyde: Used to preserve dead specimens
Methoprene: Insecticide
Megastigmatrienone: Chemical naturally found in grapefruit juice
Maltitol: Sweetener for diabetics
Napthalene: Ingredient in mothballs
Methyl isocyanate: Its accidental release killed 2000 people in Bhopal, India in 1984
Polonium: Cancer-causing radioactive element

I don't know about you but that seems purposely harmful just for the sake of being harmful. Hell DDT is a banned substance and smokers inhale it regularly. Cyanide is pure poison, I don't know any other use for it really, and Formaldehyde really? Yeah you go on and keep trying to compare trans fats (which I think should be banned also) to these pure poisons.
Every time you turn around you hear of something else that "causes cancer". Many people avoid processed foods, but even natural foods are considered bad for you these days.

However, if I CHOOSE to eat processed foods, I should be permitted to do so.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Every time you turn around you hear of something else that "causes cancer". Many people avoid processed foods, but even natural foods are considered bad for you these days.

However, if I CHOOSE to eat processed foods, I should be permitted to do so.
You choosing to eat processed foods though doesn't have a negative effect on other people though.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:11 AM

Apparently it does--ask anyone who's around when I fart.

The good news is that I choose to keep to myself, so people aren't often subjected to them.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Apparently it does--ask anyone who's around when I fart.

The good news is that I choose to keep to myself, so people aren't often subjected to them.
lol

Well farting is what people don't like, not the eating of processed foods, and because farting is a natural bodily function anyway it would be silly to outlaw that.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:31 AM

But the farting comes from the processed foods I eat--a direct result.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:41 AM

Quote:
But the farting comes from the processed foods I eat--a direct result.
This is kinda a silly diversion from the main point of the thread but I'll continue on anyway. Farting would not go away if you stopped eating processed foods or if processed foods were banned, so banning these types of foods would be pointless. Also just for the sake of me wondering what do you consider processed foods? Is it anything that has something that isn't natural in it (all natural foods = the only unprocessed foods) or is it something that is created, meaning is homemade meatloaf or apple pie processed foods because there was a process to making them?

Old 07-05-2010, 01:44 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,154,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
And for obese people, many of them, eating is an addiction. Should we dictate to them how much they can eat and what they're allowed to eat?

Red meat does nobody any good. It's bad for you in all circumstances.
I get SO sick of hearing people saying "Meat Is BAD"!!!

If taken in MODERATION, from healthy, grass-fed , NO CHEMICALS ADDED animals, it is QUITE healthy for you!! The human animal didn't evolve as a vegetarian, so a few bites of Bambi is a GOOD thing!! Personally I feel the ideal diet consists of ORGANIC veggies,fruits & meat from animals NOT fattened on grains, and NOT pumped full of antibiotics,steroids, etc.

Fish is out now, as the ocean is being poisoned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies