Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2010, 05:31 PM

454 posts, read 482,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
If you ever read any of the works of Ralph Reed, you'd know he wants the United States to be a Christian theocracy. (And for years the Christian Coalition was the right hand of the Republican party resurgence in the late 80s and early 90's. They had the key to the front door of the white house, under Reagan, Bush and Bush)
Does they advocate stoning?
Now Sharia advocates have the key to the white house, that bother me more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 05:44 PM

382 posts, read 302,613 times
And? Why should we care? She committed the crime now she has to deal with the consequences.

Old 07-05-2010, 06:21 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,287,779 times
Quote:
If you ever read any of the works of Ralph Reed, you'd know he wants the United States to be a Christian theocracy. (And for years the Christian Coalition was the right hand of the Republican party resurgence in the late 80s and early 90's. They had the key to the front door of the white house, under Reagan, Bush and Bush)
There are degrees to everything. Sure, Evangelicals can be a pain in the arse but give me a break, I would rather be a Muslim living in rural Kentucky than a Christian living in rural Pakistan. I mean seriously, you can't even compare the two. I'm not saying Evangelicals aren't without problems of their own but to pretend they are exactly the same is ridiculous.

Old 07-05-2010, 06:22 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,343,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by conc1 View Post
Does they advocate stoning?
There is no telling what a extremist in power would do.

(Obama is not anywhere near extreme anything, and neither was Bush or McCain......Chaney on the other hand, was and still is, and Palin, hopefully we will never get the chance to find out)

Old 07-05-2010, 06:30 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,343,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by conc1 View Post
Now Sharia advocates have the key to the white house, that bother me more.
If our banking system would have followed anything close to Sharia banking, there would not have been a banking crisis and Wall Street would not have needed to be bailed out).

Old 07-05-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
If our banking system would have followed anything close to Sharia banking, there would not have been a banking crisis and Wall Street would not have needed to be bailed out).
I heard a lecture given by an Arabic speaking reading and writing Arab woman. ( Nonie Darwish)

She said Sharia laws are being translated to English while removing "white washing" all the extreme parts.

She used actual examples from what the White House Sharia expert is saying, and what is actually written in the text in Arabic.

What do you know about Sharia Finance?

Old 07-05-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
There is no telling what a extremist in power would do.

(Obama is not anywhere near extreme anything, and neither was Bush or McCain......Chaney on the other hand, was and still is, and Palin, hopefully we will never get the chance to find out)
Do any of these people you mention advocates stoning?

What are you basing your fear of their "extremist" view?If you have nothing to back them up they just a phobia with nothing in reality.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:47 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm113 View Post
Activist: Iranian mother of two to be stoned to death - CNN.com

"Ashtiani, 42, will be buried up to her chest, according to an Amnesty International report citing the Iranian penal code. The stones that will be hurled at her will be large enough to cause pain but not so large as to kill her immediately."

This is punishment for alleged adultery, the confession for which came as a result of torture and language barrier.

Is this punishment going to be carried out because Iran's government is Islamic or because Iran's government is a bunch of crazy @ssho!es?

Yes, and yes.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:57 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You are the "America hater" if you think that things that were done in the name of your country are excusable no matter how much it goes against what were meant to stand for, You most likely did not read the links that I provided, in fact, I know that you didn't. You just ignorantly jumped on a few words at random and out of context to make a stupid statement.

Grow up...it's an effed up world. If we hadn't installed a dictator friendly to the US, the Soviets would have installed one hostile to us. Communists don't give a rat's @ss about your ideology.

Name the nation that has had the military might to to what they wanted and didn't take preemptive steps to reduce their enemy's abilities.

Old 07-06-2010, 05:45 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm113 View Post
Sickofnyc you are obviously an apologist for this Iranian regime. So why not answer my original question instead of highjacking this thread and blaming America for everything wrong in this world.

Why single out Iran? Do you really believe some of our 'great' trade partners like Saudi Arabia, China, etc. are showplaces of human rights? Why attempt to demonize our enemies when many of our so-called 'friends' are eaually guilty? The true America haters are those who refuse to take their blinders off and face reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies