Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 08:54 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,381,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
For the most part, I would agree if it were not for the fact that most people are enrolled by their parents, long before they are of the age to legally enter contracts of any kind.

Furthermore ... hidden or undisclosed terms within a contract are grounds for invalidating the contract.
I'm sure some lactose intolerant kids have parents who are keen on coconut juice. But soy milk is the big alternative these days. And I love it. And I will say, I am a big supporter of soy products, where it is fit. I also have no problem feeding 20 kids little cartons of cows milk each day. I don't believe people need cows milk to survive and grow, but I will not argue with the system of feeding kids lots of cows milk. However, I do not believe soy is as damaging as your facts may imply . There were also studies done in Japan showing how many Japanese women may not suffer the same effects of menopause as Western women because of the high concentration of soy in their Japanese diets. So many angles to these studies. It's rarely clear cut "good" or "bad."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 09:42 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
I'm sure some lactose intolerant kids have parents who are keen on coconut juice. But soy milk is the big alternative these days. And I love it. And I will say, I am a big supporter of soy products, where it is fit. I also have no problem feeding 20 kids little cartons of cows milk each day. I don't believe people need cows milk to survive and grow, but I will not argue with the system of feeding kids lots of cows milk. However, I do not believe soy is as damaging as your facts may imply . There were also studies done in Japan showing how many Japanese women may not suffer the same effects of menopause as Western women because of the high concentration of soy in their Japanese diets. So many angles to these studies. It's rarely clear cut "good" or "bad."
Two words: Man Boobs.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Two words: Man Boobs.

Sorry, I don't get it.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:45 PM

15,072 posts, read 8,629,287 times
Quote:
Well, all I can say is that even the FDA scientists have refused to give soy the GRAS label (generally regarded as safe) and given the FDA's history, that should be a red flag.

And the high soy diets of Asians, and particularly Japanese is complete propaganda. Historically, Asians would only consume fermented soy like miso, otherwise soy was regarded as a last resort food source during times of famine. The main use of soy was a crop rotation item.

The American diet is considerably higher in soy than in Asian countries .. and that includes diets that don't even realize they are consuming soy, and most of it is the unfermented type that poses the greatest health hazards.

When I hear someone say things like "I love it and I'm a big supporter of it" I just shake my head. Because what you are really saying is "I love eating poison, and I'm a big supporter of poison food". You may not recognize it, but that is what you are saying. Most people would think it rather stupid to love eating poison ... so you are either woefully misinformed, or you love poison.

YouTube - William Campbell Douglass on Soy and Estrogen

YouTube - The Soy Myth: Soy is Not a Health Food

YouTube - SOY-THE DEADLY POISON_ FRIGHTENING

Old 07-08-2010, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Well, all I can say is that even the FDA scientists have refused to give soy the GRAS label (generally regarded as safe) and given the FDA's history, that should be a red flag.

And the high soy diets of Asians, and particularly Japanese is complete propaganda. Historically, Asians would only consume fermented soy like miso, otherwise soy was regarded as a last resort food source during times of famine. The main use of soy was a crop rotation item.

The American diet is considerably higher in soy than in Asian countries .. and that includes diets that don't even realize they are consuming soy, and most of it is the unfermented type that poses the greatest health hazards.

When I hear someone say things like "I love it and I'm a big supporter of it" I just shake my head. Because what you are really saying is "I love eating poison, and I'm a big supporter of poison food". You may not recognize it, but that is what you are saying. Most people would think it rather stupid to love eating poison ... so you are either woefully misinformed, or you love poison.
I love soy.

But, GuynTexas, perhaps you have a better way to suggest. What is your diet? Do you consume nothing that can be considered "poisonous"?

By the way, never heard soy compared to poison so your posts are extremely radical to me. NEVER heard anyone get so riled up about soy. Strange.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:40 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,900,516 times
I eat a lot of soy. I never took hormone replacement, my sex drive is better than ever (TMI ?) I have plenty of energy. My bones are good. I got into a big argument with an Asian guy about "the hell that is soy"...(in his eyes). I asked him if it was so bad, why aren't millions of us dropping dead from this mean bean. LOL !!!! I eat edamame, soy meat replacers, tofurkey, tempeh,...I don't drink soy milk, but for the life of me, I should be dead by now according to the nattering naybobs who hate all things SOY. Hell with them.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:47 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
I eat edamame and miso soup but don't get much soy beyond that. I'm not sure what the anti-soy group is aiming for but people who eat soy aren't really making news with all sorts of health problems. Is this one of those "it COULD happen!!" panics? Or has something actually happened?

Do you know what is really poison? Artificial sweeteners. I don't ingest too much of that anymore because it caused me stomach distress.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:48 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,900,516 times
Quote:
Sorry, I don't get it.
Hormones in meat and soy contribute to man boob formation. It's an epidemic in my town. heavy meat eaters. Big ol beer bellies, and man boobs. how attractive...NOT.

Old 07-08-2010, 11:00 PM

448 posts, read 533,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
It's comforting to know that you're only mildly annoyed. I certainly wouldn't want anyone to be greatly inconvenienced. But if it will help, think of it this way:

I don't smoke. If you do, the problem is that I have to breathe in your cancerous exhalations. In that sense, one might say that I am affected by smoking even though I don't partake. All clear now?

I hope this revelation has not been upsetting to you.
Well first off, I don't smoke. I just couldn't care less if someone is smoking near a building or near me while I wait for a table while I'm out to eat. Oh? You don't want to breathe in the cancerous exhalations? Well that's fine... I'm sure youre already good with the cars, factories, and other air pollution you suck in on a daily basis.

Damn that revelation was upsetting...but I think I'll make it though.

Old 07-08-2010, 11:04 PM

15,072 posts, read 8,629,287 times
Quote:
I love soy.

But, GuynTexas, perhaps you have a better way to suggest. What is your diet? Do you consume nothing that can be considered "poisonous"?

By the way, never heard soy compared to poison so your posts are extremely radical to me. NEVER heard anyone get so riled up about soy. Strange.
Did you review the videos? Do you not comprehend the implications of giving an infant the equivalent of 5 birth control pills a day when being fed soy formula? I mean, seriously ... you cannot be that dense. If that doesn't qualify soy as a poison, I don't know what would.

If this isn't enough to at least give you pause ... I'm sorry ... you're flat lining ... no electrical impulses detected in the cerebral cortex. Come on!!!

I'm not trying to make this a contest ... I'm just trying to get through to you, and if I have to be blunt and abrasive to do it .. so be it.

Personally, I don't care what you do ... I really don't. What I do care about is the role you and others like you serve in promoting this poisoning of everyone else who are misinformed, and worse .. children who have no choice but to rely on your poor judgement. I'm a strong believer in the old adage that "you are either part of the problem or part of the solution".

And at this very moment, you have relinquished your right to claim innocent ignorance (as ignorance is not a slander, but simply a lack of information). No, you have been presented the information and now you move from the category of ignorance to the less flattering label.

These children that you gladly serve soy milk with their cookies may never have children of their own because of it. Does that not concern you? It does me. And that is plenty excuse to get "riled up".

It is sad that you think it is strange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies