Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 06:50 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,270,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
One of the proofs of American exceptionalism is recurring elections, on schedule for more than two centuries. I have a deep and abiding faith that this country cannot be led to where it simply will not go.

November will present us with a crushing defeat of congressional democrats. For many, this election is not about specific candidates--it is all about denying votes to one of the most powerful and least trusted people in the country--Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi.

The Dems may come up with an October surprise (we should expect it from this "ends justifies the means" crowd) but the record of this Congress will continue to sting the nostrils of most Americans until the day we can vote them out.
I dont disagree that we should expect the "ends justifies the means crowd" to try to do whatever they can to hold on to a few seats but the American public is watching. One hint of fraud will result in something the Lib/Dem's wont be able to recover from anytime soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 07:00 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,592,486 times
Obama will set the progressive movement back a generation once he is gone!

He already has...it's over

Old 07-09-2010, 07:53 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,270,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Obama will set the progressive movement back a generation once he is gone!

He already has...it's over
I couldnt agree more but try to tell that to the Obamabot's on here.

Old 07-09-2010, 07:57 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,592,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
I couldnt agree more but try to tell that to the Obamabot's on here.
They are lemmings and will follow BO off the cliff...which is where he is leading them... They are parrots and ideologues who are beyond hope..

Old 07-09-2010, 08:08 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
why does proudvoterofObama drink so much kool-aid? You should get out of OK and move to California with the rest of your big government loving kind
I like my state just fine. I can vote for things I agree or don't agree with, and regardless of the outcome, I know I put forth my opinion and that's all that matters. But thank you for the recommendation of CA. I've been there before, and I'd rather be inland. The ocean doesn't appease me.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I do not hate Obama at all.

I do not like the directions he is taking the country.

Just look at what cap and trade will cost you. Not just the direct costs.

In your home it will be over $1600 a year.

Could mean your job.

YouTube - Obama: My Plan Makes Electricity Rates Skyrocket
I can't watch the video, is it about electricity costs? I'm pretty cautious when it comes to my bills. I live my AC on 74-76 and always turn off lights, tv's, etc. My bill hasn't changed in the past 4 years, so if it comes up a little, I think I can deal.
What do you mean it could be my job? I'm pretty secure where I am now. I really have nothing to worry about.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
It's more a concern for our vanishing "way of life". I'm sure you don't see what is happening, otherwise you'd change your moniker. But you are No different than the drooling Bush lovers. There is no difference, and the only "change" we see is a change of pace ... from speeding toward a cliff at 80 MPH under Bush, to 110 MPH under Obama .. but the direction is still the same ... straight over the cliff.

What you and many others seem to be missing is that Obama is fulfilling his role just as it was devised. And I said this the moment he was elected.

Even in the run up to the election, Biden gave away the clue when he said .. "When elected, President Obama would be forced to make some unpopular choices". It's the same tactic that has been employed for decades ... blame the other guy (the one who is gone) for all of the troubles and the necessity for tough, unpopular decisions. Then ... claim how great things are beginning to look as the savior saves the day.

Look, we were crippled with fraudulent debt to start with .. and Obama has doubled the debt in just 2 years. And how has giving Goldman Sachs another Trillion dollars helped the American people exactly? It hasn't. It's just accelerated looting ... with this nonsense that it was necessary because of what Bush did as the built in excuse (which was by design from the start).

This childishness of the public that accepts this nonsense is just a mixture of ignorance and stupidity. Nothing more.

If you think America is in better shape now than it was 5 years ago ... 10 years ago ... 20 years ago ... you should change your name to Ray Charles. Even some of the most die hard democrats are now scratching their heads, wondering what the heck their "representatives" are thinking. Sure there are still supporters who'll gladly ride off the edge of the cliff, and will be screaming "Buuuuusssssh" all the way to the bottom ... caught up in the illusion so deeply, that they'll never admit that Bush simply led them to the cliff's edge, but their own guy administered the final shove.

And that is the bottom line.
I think it's too early to tell if anything will work or not - he hasn't been in office for 8 years, he hasn't even made it two yet. Change takes time, and time means change.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:18 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,182,626 times
Quote:
While I find the Community Organizer in Cheif to be a complete embarassment to the office he serves there is a bright spot to this disaterous mistake in American history. Obama and the liberals in Congress will set the progressive/liberal movement back by a generation or more once his one and only term comes to an end! The backlash that his far left policies will create will assure that we will not see another Democrat elected to the Presidency in several election cycles unless they are a verified moderate. The American people will not stand for a political novice like this to represent the most powerful position in the land ever again. The bloodbath begins this November!
God I hope you realize how everyone and their mother says the same thing about the far right because of Bush, lol.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Oh, I never meant to imply you could afford me....

I will share something. I have a little time from drilling, it is raining here.

When I was you age (profile information) I was much more liberal. In many ways I still am.

I do not care who has sex with who as long as it is consenting adults.

I think after you starting making enough money that you do not get money BACK on your taxes, you will become more conservative.

Only then will you realise the difference.
I don't believe that at all. If my money is going towards something to make our country a better, healthier place then why is it such a big deal? I'm already being taxed by my state b/c I make over a certain amount and my tax dollars are going towards the OKC community. I don't know what they are doing with my money, but that's okay. It's life, and regardless of your beliefs that will never change.
Obama's tax increase is for the people making over $250,000 - if you don't make that much, don't worry about it. It's not your problem.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:24 AM

Quote:
The US as we know it's days are numbered. Many of us like the country we had and dont want to see it turned into a Western European type country with massive taxes and entitlements.
What do you mean "our days are numbered?" Is there a calendar out there with d-day marked that I don't know about?

Seriously though, I'm genuinely curious as to what you think is going to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies