Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Believe That Science Can Create Humans?
Yes 21 39.62%
No 15 28.30%
Soon 13 24.53%
Never 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 04:42 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Do You Believe Than Science Can Create Humans?

For this poll I am not concerned about the hows or the morals, I just want to know if you believe we can or can't right now, or if you think we will ever be able.
Not only CAN they do it but I predict that 20 years from now it will be COMMON to do it. People will go to a lab when they want children and order them up "custom made". It will be "have your kid your way" sorta like the Burger King ad. You will select the physical and mental characteristics or your children and through genetics, the baby will be be "mixed" in the lab and either grown in an artificial womb or implanted into the mother's womb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHoss14 View Post
Nope. They shouldn't be trying either. Giving and Taking of life should be left up to God.
Religion has NO place in science and medical decisions. If YOU think that way then have your baby the old fashioned way. But don't make that decision for others.

Old 07-08-2010, 04:45 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Quote:
Do You Believe Than Science Can Create Humans?

For this poll I am not concerned about the hows or the morals, I just want to know if you believe we can or can't right now, or if you think we will ever be able.
Right now, we do NOT have the technology... so we can't... when you say "create" humans, I think of building at the DNA level of adding nucleotide sequences to create something that you already "know" how to make... we can clone, replicate, or mix genetic sequences to make humans but so far, we are unable to create those genetic sequences entirely to create a human being... Yes, we will be able to custom build a "human"... I would love to see that (but sadly never will)... the ability to build your perfect wife/husband... I do believe that we will be able to "induce" memories as well to give them a specific set of emotional reactions and behavior...

Old 07-08-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
At this time? I can not state such definitively.

Could man at some point in the future? I think so, but I see no ethical grounds for doing such. Why would one seek to "create" humans when we already have the power to do so in normal terms. The only reason I could see someone wishing to do such is if they were to "classify" the created humans as "not human" to apply unethical grounds to them (harvest them for organs, etc...).
Very simply. We will have the ability someday to build a race of humans better than ourselves. A race of humans disease free, stronger, faster, more intelligent and better looking than we are.

Old 07-08-2010, 04:49 PM

448 posts, read 534,003 times
Of course they can, and they should. People will say "oh no that's playing god" but the truth is doctors play god everyday. Whenever a person goes into surgery or is given medication by a doctor, it's altering them. They're changing the persons physical being, and that's playing god.

15,446 posts, read 21,354,685 times
Quote:
I offered an option for not now.
Sorry, I missed that. Feel free to change my vote to "Not now."

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Maybe someday human science will figure out which came first the chicken or the egg. Until then replication is all we can accomplish.

Old 07-08-2010, 04:52 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Very simply. We will have the ability someday to build a race of humans better than ourselves. A race of humans disease free, stronger, faster, more intelligent and better looking than we are.
I thought they already did that back in the 70's.

Lee Majors and Lindsey Wagner are their names.

Old 07-08-2010, 05:01 PM

1,273 posts, read 4,419,634 times
All of you are very stupid if you think that science can create a normal functioning human. They cannot even clone a regular animal or organ well.

Old 07-08-2010, 05:03 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by US-Traveller View Post
All of you are very stupid if you think that science can create a normal functioning human. They cannot even clone a regular animal or organ well.
Do you think they ever will?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies