Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2010, 06:42 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural Kentuckian View Post
How come if a klan member were to endorse the killing of black babies, all hell would break loose, yet the black panthers endorsing killing white babies is completely ignored by the mainstream media, and anyone who actually DOES report it is a racist? What a screwed up world we live in!
Kill White Babies | New Black Panther Party | Bill O'Reilly | Mediaite

Old 07-08-2010, 06:44 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
Quote:
How come if a klan member were to endorse the killing of black babies, all hell would break loose, yet the black panthers endorsing killing white babies is completely ignored by the mainstream media, and anyone who actually DOES report it is a racist? What a screwed up world we live in!
Can you site a reputable source where they endorse killing white babies, when I say
reputable I don't mean Fox Nation or a youtube video that can easily be edited....thank
you in advance.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:45 PM

382 posts, read 302,790 times
Great glenn beck show today.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:46 PM

640 posts, read 388,099 times
Quote:
I don't know, maybe TERRORISTIC THREATENING!! Freedom of speech only goes so far you know.

Did you even watch the video? Oh that's right, you liberals only watch MSNBC and CNN, and the black panther story went unreported on those stations. Only that "racist, hillbilly, redneck" news station FOXNews reported it. My mistake!
Yes, I watched that video numerous times already. It has been posted in several other threads on this site.

I think it's necessary for a threat to be considered credible before you can get charged with anything..........that guy didn't make a credible threat to anyone in particular. Be careful what you wish for; you'll end up with the word police on all of us.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:51 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
How do you figure? How strange.

Do you think it's right for Glenn Beck to try to usurp and cheapen the meaning of the "I have a dream" speech? (And at the Lincoln Memorial?! I'll bet you do.

Glennie is indeed a sneaky little devil, the guy is 1000% right about that.

He's also right about Fox talking about the New Black Panther Party but not letting them come on and speak for themselves these days. Why not, I wonder?

Well this certainly clarifies that you are on the wrong side of justice and liberty in American when you support the Black Panthers. Liberals always have a fascist bent and have never really felt comfortable in a free society, thus their affinity for central federal control, suppression of free speech and voting rights, and support for criminals such as the Black Panthers. No sane person would endorse such an orginization based in violence and hatred.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
you support the Black Panthers.
Please quote my post where I say I support the Black Panthers, for God's sake. (I deleted your standard personal attacks and bloviation)

Old 07-08-2010, 07:28 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,668,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Why do you think Glenn Beck planned his rally for August 28 at the Lincoln Memorial?

Just a coincidence?

On August 28, 2009, international climate activists held a Katrina anniversary demonstration at the Lincoln Memorial. Were you outraged then?

Old 07-08-2010, 07:34 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,668,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitsua View Post
How specifically? By being an attention hog, being insensitive, and completely graceless.

My REASON for changing the day would be, if I didn't even realize when I set the date that that particular date was very significant to a large number of people, then clearly that date didn't have any significance to me other than it was convenient!
Same for you ...

On August 28, 2009, international climate activists held a Katrina anniversary demonstration at the Lincoln Memorial. Were you outraged then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitsua View Post
Therefore, I would be considerate of the folks who considered that date to be very significant and change my plans. Simple grace and consideration for other people.
Many people consider that date/speech to be very significant. Sounds like a perfect opportunity to honor MLK, since there doesn't seem to have been any organized effort to do so before now.

I hope you know you aren't making sense.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
Same for you ...

I didnt know about it. Did they have a big build up trying to connect themselves to Dr. King, the way Glennie was trying to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
Many people consider that date/speech to be very significant. Sounds like a perfect opportunity to honor MLK, since there doesn't seem to have been any organized effort to do so before now.
Do you know what the "I have a dream" speech is?

Here: American Rhetoric: Martin Luther King, Jr. - I Have a Dream

Can you connect any of it to what Glenn Beck preaches?

Beck encourages the EXACT OPPOSITE.

As for your perception that there has never been an organized effort to honor Dr King, I think your offhand statement, "Many people consider that date/speech to be very significant" sums up how interested you have ever been in Dr. King -- until now.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:25 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,234 times
Are they jealous because Glenn Beck respects and admires Dr Martin Luther King?
Does he only belong to black Americans?
If he belongs to the human race, he is and was a part of everybody.
Not just black, but black and white alike.
Glenn Beck can march in his name if he wants to, he would most likely be shot but he can.
Yes he can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies